Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:04:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Stick or Sell  (Read 7784 times)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Stick or Sell
« on June 23, 2018, 01:21:20 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I've had a debate with a mate about Rovers finances. He's not a fan and views things from a distance. He thinks TB should be putting in more money because of his personal wealth.

I'm of the opinion that whatever TB and the other owners, is what it is and we have to make the best of it.

In his eyes, TB has to put more money in, or sell up if football is not his major interest.

I don't know what his major interests are but, do you think he should stop his funding and openly advertise the club for sale. Or in my mates words "Get out and let someone else do it"

So, the bottom line. Stick or sell?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: Stick or Sell
« Reply #1 on June 23, 2018, 03:03:28 am by RoversAlias »
TB has put plenty of money in and continues to do so by all accounts. It's his money, we have no God given right to expect vast sums just because he has it in his locker.

As far as I'm aware the owners have said that if someone comes along with the funds and the future of the club at heart then they would sell. Until such a time as that happens I sincerely hope they stay as they are doing an excellent job.

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 23, 2018, 03:12:22 am by swintonrover »
Stick.
I hate this notion that just because he is rich, he has to blow all his money on funding the club. Sustainability is far better for any club.

There are very very few chairman around the country who could walk away and wouldn't try and reclaim some money, having given it for the love of their club. Andy Holt maybe? Bramall has already wrote off significant sums of money, meaning the club owe him no debt. If Abramovic or the Sheikhs walked away Chelsea and City would be in serious trouble, even with their sizable income streams. If Bramall walked away, it'd be bad, but we could tide it over while looking for investment.

I can't even be bothered to list all the crooked owners that have wandered through football causing devastation, there are that many. We had Richardson ffs. I'm perfectly glad to have somebody who has the best interests of the club and community at the heart, and not someone who is thinking how to make any penny they can at the club's expense.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 23, 2018, 07:43:36 am by Campsall rover »
Stick.
I hate this notion that just because he is rich, he has to blow all his money on funding the club. Sustainability is far better for any club.

There are very very few chairman around the country who could walk away and wouldn't try and reclaim some money, having given it for the love of their club. Andy Holt maybe? Bramall has already wrote off significant sums of money, meaning the club owe him no debt. If Abramovic or the Sheikhs walked away Chelsea and City would be in serious trouble, even with their sizable income streams. If Bramall walked away, it'd be bad, but we could tide it over while looking for investment.

I can't even be bothered to list all the crooked owners that have wandered through football causing devastation, there are that many. We had Richardson ffs. I'm perfectly glad to have somebody who has the best interests of the club and community at the heart, and not someone who is thinking how to make any penny they can at the club's expense.
Great post agree 100%

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 23, 2018, 09:02:13 am by Rovers Return »
My kids don’t think I give them enough money despite my obvious wealth. I’m trying to encourage and educate them to become self sufficient for when I’m no longer here.

Do you think I should stick or leave in the hope a future step-Dad (if one comes along) gives them the privileged lifestyle they assume they should expect?

Tazemma

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 23, 2018, 09:14:02 am by Tazemma »
We are assuming there are masses willing to invest.

I am sure TB would welcome investment from the right person but they simply do not exist.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 23, 2018, 09:17:23 am by 5minstogo »
My kids don’t think I give them enough money despite my obvious wealth. I’m trying to encourage and educate them to become self sufficient for when I’m no longer here.

Do you think I should stick or leave in the hope a future step-Dad (if one comes along) gives them the privileged lifestyle they assume they should expect?

Great post.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 23, 2018, 09:29:15 am by RedJ »
Ah, a thread on the funding of the club, this makes for a refreshing change of discussion.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 23, 2018, 10:04:10 am by vaya »
Just wait until we take a trip down the time tunnel.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on June 23, 2018, 10:07:00 am by selby »
  Thankfully every supporter of this club is not like your mate, and mostly appreciate the owners we have.
    Would he like owners like Man Utd or Spurs who take money out of the club, in Spurs case £15 million a year.
   Ask your mate if he would be willing to put the same percentage of his earnings into the club every week small as it is in his eyes.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 23, 2018, 10:10:00 am by Drover »
I think it might help if people look at TB's way of running our club like this,Many fans think TB does not want to spend alot of money on the club,Wrong! I think TB wants to spend alot of money on Rovers,but he wants it to be spent wiser than in the past,and wiser than many other club owners do,and ultimately,wants us to get much more back for the money invested.An exegerated example,A= spend 30 million over 2 years sh]t or bust or b=spend 30 million over 10 years.Both options spend same amount,but option b giving stability over 10 years.
Disappointing as it is for us fans to accept,after being spoilt under J.R's eagerness to go for it,It's a definte Stick from me.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on June 23, 2018, 10:13:53 am by Bentley Bullet »
Drover, that's fair enough, but the owners are not 'sticking', they are 'going for it', by declaring Championship football in the next couple of years.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on June 23, 2018, 10:14:06 am by since-1969 »
Stick , we will not find a better run club any where . Though investment is tied to sustainable returns , I’m sure if the situation made it imperative that an increase was necessary to achieve a goal ( excuse the pun ) it would be inplace without hesitation. DF left perhaps because he hadn’t provided the right situation to bring this in now and just didn’t want to wait until we were knocking at the door .

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 23, 2018, 10:24:17 am by DonnyOsmond »
Terry is 75 and the money he has is finite, he made the majority from selling Keepmoat and if he was to spend it the way some of our fans want it'd all be gone in a year or so and he'd be as poor as us. He wants the best for us and wants to long term see us stand up on our own two feet without the need for large investments. We should be lucky we've got someone who's so charitable with no hidden motives.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on June 23, 2018, 10:25:13 am by roversdude »
Think this must be the way that society in general sees things ie wanting everything now be it goods or success.
We’ve contributed to this with our recent history
As much as I’d love to see us playing at a higher level I can still remember the despair I felt when we played our final game in the league at OBV before relegation into the conference and possibly oblivion.
Yes there are big bucks to be had in higher leagues but you can’t gamble everything on one shot at it, the owners are building something.
As in TB’s previous business (and let’s remember that Rovers is a business) you don’t throw a roof on a pile of bricks without making sure it’s structurally sound first

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on June 23, 2018, 10:48:23 am by idler »
I think that people of different ages also look at things in different ways.
The older fans remember life before instant credit and credited it cards and interest free loans.
You spent the cash in your pocket and saved what you could for things with the odd bit of hp thrown in. Now there are stores and loan firms promising paradise without explaining the implications. A totally different outlook on finance and good housekeeping?

VikingRich

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 23, 2018, 10:49:03 am by VikingRich »
I believe we have some of the best, most reliable owners in the business. Thank goodness.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on June 23, 2018, 10:57:08 am by the vicar »
Stick, im sure they would look at it if a potential buyer was around, but there isn't one at the minute and better the devil you know sort of thing

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on June 23, 2018, 11:09:32 am by sheffield exile1 »
Interesting to see what happens at cosmopolitan Barnsley just down the road. Foreign manager took them down, Chinese? owners is it?? When they came in Barnsley were at Boro, Leeds, Derby etc, wonder if the owners will be in the executive box (portakabin) at Accrington on a cold snowy February night?..at least our board are Donny and although maybe not as through and through as JR was I still think they do a grand job. I do remember the boards of old I liked Bernie Boldry but he was simply a Doncaster accountant, Ben Bailey- built my mum's house in Mexborough in the 60's just honest businessmen with  few bob- which is why we flirted with re-election year on year in Div 4. Apart from the season before last we have never looked back since re-entering the FL so they have my 100% backing...

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 23, 2018, 01:29:00 pm by the vicar »
Ah, a thread on the funding of the club, this makes for a refreshing change of discussion.
it is a debate, or dont you understand the word,what else is there to talk about this time of the year.  Give the man a chance as it was what he was talkig to a friend about , not what he believes
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 01:35:41 pm by the vicar »

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on June 23, 2018, 03:46:05 pm by Cantley Rover »
it is a debate, or dont you understand the word,what else is there to talk about this time of the year.  Give the man a chance as it was what he was talkig to a friend about , not what he believes
RedJ doesn't want debate he just wants 100% agreement. As long as you agree with him though.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on June 23, 2018, 03:52:00 pm by RedJ »
Not that at all, it's just f**king tedious reading thread after thread about it.

And yes I am aware you can not read them, but the majority of them turn out the same way don't they.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on June 23, 2018, 04:05:03 pm by the vicar »
I agree with people that are right and see other peoples opinions, that is what debating is all about not just wiping  other peoples backsides.  I am for the directors BUT i wont lick there arses like some
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 04:09:02 pm by the vicar »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on June 23, 2018, 04:24:12 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Sorry to start another thread and I'm sick of regurgitating the same thing but was concerned that maybe those who no longer attend are maybe thinking the same.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on June 23, 2018, 04:34:26 pm by Boomstick »
Stick, don't think many owners would have the patience to put up with impatient moaning gets like me, and a few others on here.  :silly:

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on June 23, 2018, 04:41:12 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Stick, don't think many owners would have the patience to put up with impatient moaning gets like me, and a few others on here.  :silly:

I bet they'd be equally nauseated by some of the cap doffing sycophants on here too!  :ohmy:

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on June 23, 2018, 04:44:00 pm by Boomstick »

I bet they'd be equally nauseated by some of the cap doffing sycophants on here too!  :ohmy:
Aye, moaning gets or brown nosing gets?
Personally I like moaning

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on June 23, 2018, 04:49:45 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I must admit I like moaning at people who moan about me moaning.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on June 23, 2018, 04:52:28 pm by Boomstick »
Yeah I genuinely think there are more people moaning about people moaning, than there are actually people moaning.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on June 23, 2018, 04:55:14 pm by raggytash »
A board with no ambition is just as bad as having no team, fair enough no debt, but likewise if that’s the case put the club up for sale where there’s investment, Baldwin’s the biggest yes man you’ll ever see!!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012