Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 09:23:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Stick or Sell  (Read 7780 times)

Boomstick

• Forum Member
Re: Stick or Sell
« Reply #30 on June 23, 2018, 04:56:10 pm by Boomstick »
Shut up moaning !

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on June 23, 2018, 05:18:52 pm by PDX_Rover »
A board with no ambition is just as bad as having no team, fair enough no debt, but likewise if that’s the case put the club up for sale where there’s investment, Baldwin’s the biggest yes man you’ll ever see!!

d**khead.

Bollinger

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on June 23, 2018, 05:26:02 pm by Bollinger »
I sometimes wonder who the bellends around me at the KM who moan for the sake of moaning and absolutely love it when things go awry on and off the pitch. I now know who they are. It's Raggytash and his tedious Board kicking mates.

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on June 23, 2018, 07:02:48 pm by Cantley Rover »
A board with no ambition is just as bad as having no team, fair enough no debt, but likewise if that’s the case put the club up for sale where there’s investment, Baldwin’s the biggest yes man you’ll ever see!!

d**khead.

A very erudite response from a long distance brown noser who attends maybe one game a season.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on June 23, 2018, 07:50:37 pm by the vicar »
I sometimes wonder who the bellends around me at the KM who moan for the sake of moaning and absolutely love it when things go awry on and off the pitch. I now know who they are. It's Raggytash and his tedious Board kicking mates.
they probably moan cos they have paid there money to moan, same as you have paid your money not to

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on June 23, 2018, 08:14:37 pm by ravenrover »

d**khead.

A very erudite response from a long distance brown noser who attends maybe one game a season.
Does that make him less of a fan?
As for raggytash and his mouthpiece words fail me, give us a few names or examples of these multi millionaires queueing up to buy the club? I think it has been said previously that TB would sell the club if the right investor came in, thankfully he has seen off the last 2 attempts wonder where we would be now if he hadn't heh raggy?

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on June 23, 2018, 08:23:56 pm by Cantley Rover »

d**khead.

Does that make him less of a fan?
As for raggytash and his mouthpiece words fail me, give us a few names or examples of these multi millionaires queueing up to buy the club? I think it has been said previously that TB would sell the club if the right investor came in, thankfully he has seen off the last 2 attempts wonder where we would be now if he hadn't heh raggy?

I think follower is probably a better description than fan.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on June 23, 2018, 10:53:00 pm by Michael Shaw »
Whether the board are football fans or not they still own the club. Much the same as you may own your own home or car but you are not forced to look after it. My understanding is that the owners have penny shares in the club, and the board make up any losses from their own personal finances and award themselves the equivalent number of penny shares. That means we are never in debt as a club, but also means that whatever the board members put in gives them a bigger share of the club. Win, win.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on June 23, 2018, 11:00:30 pm by Michael Shaw »
It's simple numbers. With 7,000 fans in the club, if we each donate £4,286 to the club we can raise £30 million and push for promotion. So how many fans will cough up £4,286? If not many, why should the board contribute massive sums either.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on June 23, 2018, 11:44:57 pm by SydneyRover »
The Rovers board is was it is and TB owns a large slice of the action. I agree with SM that earning your position is much better than instant gratification, many here moan about big clubs because they have more money. TB could possibly put more money in but that money may be invested in a business paying the wages of others.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on June 24, 2018, 12:19:54 am by Bentley Bullet »
It's simple numbers. With 7,000 fans in the club, if we each donate £4,286 to the club we can raise £30 million and push for promotion. So how many fans will cough up £4,286? If not many, why should the board contribute massive sums either.

Why do we need £30 million?

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on June 24, 2018, 12:45:08 am by Michael Shaw »
Irish syndicate, Sequentia Capital, were going to inject that sort of money to get us promoted. Whatever the exact figure, why should fans expect the board to contribute millions every year when they won't contribute thousands themselves? I don't know exactly what we need for promotion but £30 million should guarantee it.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on June 24, 2018, 01:16:37 am by Bentley Bullet »
How much money do you think the fans contribute?
How much money do you think the board should contribute?

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on June 24, 2018, 08:50:25 am by coventryrover »
utter bobbins without foundation

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on June 24, 2018, 09:16:14 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Irish syndicate, Sequentia Capital, were going to inject that sort of money to get us promoted. Whatever the exact figure, why should fans expect the board to contribute millions every year when they won't contribute thousands themselves? I don't know exactly what we need for promotion but £30 million should guarantee it.

The problem there is the amount talked about was just that - talked about. No funds were ever proven to exist, let alone likely to be injected into Rovers.

The VSC did it's job by questioning the proposed new owners about the details (including the proposed financing), in the VSC's role as a shareholder of looking after the best interests of Rovers. The response was a solicitor's letter threatening the VSC and individual board members. So forgive me for not sharing your belief that there was ever £30mill (or whichever figure was the latest to have been bandied about, it changed from time to time) in existence.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 09:22:18 am by Glyn_Wigley »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on June 24, 2018, 09:18:40 am by silent majority »

A quick point of order. SC claimed they had £30m but when due diligence was done they didn't have that. They didn't have a penny.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on June 24, 2018, 10:20:38 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Strange lot, that SC. For a company with all that money and a bunch of hot shot investors running it, they had a website designed by a 12 year old, full of odd stories about nothing in particular,m. I’ve just gone to have a look at it again this morning. Its certificate has expired. And there’s no record on the internet of SC ever having done any significant business either before they were interested in us, or afterwards.

It’s almost as if...

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on June 24, 2018, 10:44:39 am by RoversAlias »
What was JR thinking bringing them to the table? I like to think he just saw the hope of taking us on to a level he couldn't and got clouded by that, but I must admit I lost a bit of respect for him over all of that. Kudos to those who pulled the curtain back and revealed the truth about those shysters.

Don't get me wrong though, JR still has loads of goodwill in the bank for all he's done for this club over the years, so I'm not trying to slate him. I'm eternally grateful for him but the Sequentia stuff was a step too far.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on June 24, 2018, 10:51:31 am by DonnyOsmond »
Strange lot, that SC. For a company with all that money and a bunch of hot shot investors running it, they had a website designed by a 12 year old, full of odd stories about nothing in particular,m. I’ve just gone to have a look at it again this morning. Its certificate has expired. And there’s no record on the internet of SC ever having done any significant business either before they were interested in us, or afterwards.

It’s almost as if...

https://web.archive.org/web/20141218073033/http://sequentiacapital.com/

That one? It was different back in 2013 and I couldn't remember what year it was.

Apparently it started redirecting to custosholdings.com which said it was an investment company in the Cayman Islands and that now directs to charisconsultancy.co.uk
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 10:57:28 am by DonnyOsmond »

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on June 24, 2018, 11:02:59 am by RedJ »
Doesn't seem shady at all.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on June 24, 2018, 11:22:23 am by Bentley Bullet »
Would the board have gone through with the deal if the VSC hadn't intervened and pointed out the inadequacies of Sequentia?

By the way, this is not intended as a mischievous question, I'd just like to know more of that period in Rovers history.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on June 24, 2018, 11:34:04 am by vaya »
And off we go down the time tunnel.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on June 24, 2018, 01:36:32 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
DF didn't mention anything about the budget in his resignation message, and I've not seen anything anywhere else where he has mentioned it. If I've missed it, can you point me to where he has?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on June 24, 2018, 01:41:22 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Would the board have gone through with the deal if the VSC hadn't intervened and pointed out the inadequacies of Sequentia?

By the way, this is not intended as a mischievous question, I'd just like to know more of that period in Rovers history.

The VSC couldn't really point out anything more than that it's questions had been ignored. As it eventually turned out that the money was completely illusory it's very difficult to know what fairy stories were told to the Directors at the time, nor how much they were believed.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on June 24, 2018, 09:07:50 pm by silent majority »
Some interesting  questions from a few. Its hardly the right thread, or the right time to answer most of these though.

I've said it before and I'll repeat it here, this is still not the right time to elaborate on the happenings of that particular period. That sequence of events has not concluded.

I'm glad that the solicitors are no longer planning to make me bankrupt and take my house off me though!!!

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on June 24, 2018, 10:52:36 pm by Michael Shaw »
Glyn_Wigley
“DF didn't mention anything about the budget in his resignation message, and I've not seen anything anywhere else where he has mentioned it. If I've missed it, can you point me to where he has?”

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers/doncaster-rovers-did-not-get-much-credit-for-promotion-from-league-two-andy-butler-1-9218064

Paul Goodwin of the DFP says quite clearly it was a budget issue:-

"The Scot said he had “no alternative” to walk away after failing to see eye to eye with the board about the playing budget required to push Rovers into play-off contention."

Or did he make it up and the DFP are not to be relied on?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on June 24, 2018, 10:58:10 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Glyn_Wigley
“DF didn't mention anything about the budget in his resignation message, and I've not seen anything anywhere else where he has mentioned it. If I've missed it, can you point me to where he has?”

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers/doncaster-rovers-did-not-get-much-credit-for-promotion-from-league-two-andy-butler-1-9218064

Paul Goodwin of the DFP says quite clearly it was a budget issue:-

"The Scot said he had “no alternative” to walk away after failing to see eye to eye with the board about the playing budget required to push Rovers into play-off contention."

Or did he make it up and the DFP are not to be relied on?

That's The Star's interpretation. I still haven't seen anything directly attributable to DF. What's the DFP got to do with it?

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on June 24, 2018, 11:04:59 pm by Michael Shaw »
Oops, The Star not DFP, but I read anything I can find about Rovers from any source.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on June 24, 2018, 11:07:06 pm by Michael Shaw »
You said you haven't seen anything anywhere. So I have given you a reputable source. Do you want a personal statement from DF himself? No pleasing you.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on June 25, 2018, 05:26:17 am by RedJ »
Well it isn't a quote, is it? so he hasn't said anything himself about the budget.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012