Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:33:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Donny belles  (Read 13246 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: Donny belles
« Reply #90 on July 15, 2018, 07:58:55 am by dickos1 »
I see the village idiots are all out in force early this season.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on July 15, 2018, 10:52:11 am by VivaRovers »
'Wow, the Belles thread is up to four pages, great to see so many people showing an interest in the future of women's football in the town'

*clicks into thread*

'Oh'.

'Oh dear'.

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on July 15, 2018, 11:07:50 am by chrisd_123 »
They've never asked to join Club Doncaster though have they? happy to be proven wrong but I don't remember that. As for the rest of the post, you've been posting the same shite for years so I'm not going to waste my time responding to that tripe.

The Belles have been in conversation with Club Doncaster for over 18 months and, until A couple of months a go, still hadn’t had an answer either way.

The issue is that even if Club Doncaster made a decision and backed the Belles it’s tough to be in the league. The FA specifically stated to Belles that to be in the top tier you need to meet their criteria of X cash in the bank. No value in kind or other partnerships. Cold, hard cash.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 11:14:28 am by chrisd_123 »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on July 15, 2018, 11:40:20 am by DonnyOsmond »
They've never asked to join Club Doncaster though have they? happy to be proven wrong but I don't remember that. As for the rest of the post, you've been posting the same shite for years so I'm not going to waste my time responding to that tripe.

The Belles have been in conversation with Club Doncaster for over 18 months and, until A couple of months a go, still hadn’t had an answer either way.

The issue is that even if Club Doncaster made a decision and backed the Belles it’s tough to be in the league. The FA specifically stated to Belles that to be in the top tier you need to meet their criteria of X cash in the bank. No value in kind or other partnerships. Cold, hard cash.

But at least being in Club Doncaster would help them not look at threat of going under or have to sell off their whole team. They'd surely be at least a second tier team under Club Doncaster.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on July 15, 2018, 12:33:03 pm by Sprotyrover »
Yes but they asked to be included in the club Doncaster set up and were palmed off, ask anyone at the dons there the same...

This board are a joke and until people wake up it’ll get worse.....

They’ve no intention of championship football whatsoever, if we had owners such as Fleetwood or Peterborough we’d be laughing, even Swann at scunny, so there was a five year plan for championship football??? Are you seriously kidding me??? It’s never happening and there’s less money.... for all those who disagree please show me where it’s gone??? Sooner this lot go the better....

Nice one Raggtash, somebody informs us that the Board have virtually no control of the Belles, i.e. current owners won't sell,so you launch your usual purile attack on our Board 😂😂😂
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 12:45:00 pm by Sprotyrover »

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on July 15, 2018, 03:23:39 pm by chrisd_123 »
Yes but they asked to be included in the club Doncaster set up and were palmed off, ask anyone at the dons there the same...

This board are a joke and until people wake up it’ll get worse.....

They’ve no intention of championship football whatsoever, if we had owners such as Fleetwood or Peterborough we’d be laughing, even Swann at scunny, so there was a five year plan for championship football??? Are you seriously kidding me??? It’s never happening and there’s less money.... for all those who disagree please show me where it’s gone??? Sooner this lot go the better....

Nice one Raggtash, somebody informs us that the Board have virtually no control of the Belles, i.e. current owners won't sell,so you launch your usual purile attack on our Board 😂😂😂

Current owners won’t sell? I’ve just said that the Belles have been trying to get involved with Club Doncaster for 18 months or so...

Not attacking the Rovers board but just picking up your point saying Belles owners/board won’t sell which isn’t true.

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on July 15, 2018, 04:46:27 pm by wesisback »
I think we need a new fans alliance for DRFC where the fans have a voice instead of a site that just pedals the party line driven by the board.
If i was to give you one bit of advise its don't bother.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on July 15, 2018, 05:23:03 pm by DearneValleyRover »
I think we need a new fans alliance for DRFC where the fans have a voice instead of a site that just pedals the party line driven by the board.
If i was to give you one bit of advise its don't bother.

I will counter this as it’s been stated more often than enough that this forum isn’t the VSC a fact you well know Wes, feel free to set up something you feel reflects the feeling of Rovers fans, like we’d did, hows that working out by the way?

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on July 15, 2018, 06:01:00 pm by wesisback »
I'm not sure you're reading my post correctly DVR. My advise is based on the fact it's a proper slog, you'll end up hating the club and that certain areas of the club hold nothing but contempt for the idea of fan movements (Not the board, Gavin or anyone else at the highest order before anyone pipes up).
As was often stated at the time, the forum isn't the VSC but is where you'll find the bulk of its members, where its advertised and is used as it's mouthpiece. The effect of things posted on here, can and did have an effect on the perception of the VSC.
In terms of our short lived time with Rovers, it worked out perfectly well, it garnered a bigger membership than the VSC in less than a year, led to numerous actually successful crowdfunders (watch and learn John Ryan) and until it became clear we actually couldn't be arsed to put the time in it required, we successfully maintained the Black Bank (though I still think the club hold a fair bit of responsibility for its collapse though thats a story for another day). We never set out to do it in the long run, I barely got to games when it was going on due to work commitments and it eats away at any spare time you do have.
While I don't agree with Martin on most things, I certainly learnt to respect the effort it takes to do what he does.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on July 15, 2018, 06:57:58 pm by raggytash »
To be honest with the financial burden and little gain back I don’t blame the board for not taking it on..... that’s correct I don’t blame the board!! But I’m suprised some businesses haven’t jumped on it, the women’s game is flourishing and belles get 600-1000 which is better than most wsl1 teams.  However the belles are charged stupid amounts for the use of the pitch and it’s no wonder there doomed..

But on the same narrative the lygos who said they’d do this and that have done fk all, so it’s a shame that money rules a once great club.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on July 15, 2018, 07:07:41 pm by DearneValleyRover »
I'm not sure you're reading my post correctly DVR. My advise is based on the fact it's a proper slog, you'll end up hating the club and that certain areas of the club hold nothing but contempt for the idea of fan movements (Not the board, Gavin or anyone else at the highest order before anyone pipes up).
As was often stated at the time, the forum isn't the VSC but is where you'll find the bulk of its members, where its advertised and is used as it's mouthpiece. The effect of things posted on here, can and did have an effect on the perception of the VSC.
In terms of our short lived time with Rovers, it worked out perfectly well, it garnered a bigger membership than the VSC in less than a year, led to numerous actually successful crowdfunders (watch and learn John Ryan) and until it became clear we actually couldn't be arsed to put the time in it required, we successfully maintained the Black Bank (though I still think the club hold a fair bit of responsibility for its collapse though thats a story for another day). We never set out to do it in the long run, I barely got to games when it was going on due to work commitments and it eats away at any spare time you do have.
While I don't agree with Martin on most things, I certainly learnt to respect the effort it takes to do what he does.
If I misread then apologies but I’m sure you can appreciate how tiresome some of the comments are. I also appreciate the interest garnered was significant but it didn’t last because that takes time and selfless work which doesn’t appear to be in the psychie of people today.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on July 15, 2018, 07:17:35 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
To be honest with the financial burden and little gain back I don’t blame the board for not taking it on..... that’s correct I don’t blame the board!! But I’m suprised some businesses haven’t jumped on it, the women’s game is flourishing and belles get 600-1000 which is better than most wsl1 teams.  However the belles are charged stupid amounts for the use of the pitch and it’s no wonder there doomed..

But on the same narrative the lygos who said they’d do this and that have done fk all, so it’s a shame that money rules a once great club.

How much are they charged to use the pitch?

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on July 15, 2018, 07:32:21 pm by chrisd_123 »

Done f**k all?

You have absolutely no idea how much out of their own back pocket they’ve put into the Belles just to keep it afloat from when they came in in 2013. We wouldn’t be having this conversation now if they hadn’t come in because the Belles had significant debts.

Faye Lygo has worked tirelessly to keep the club moving but with no outside interest in sponsorship and rising costs from the FA they can’t do any more.

Yes some of the bigger plans didn’t come off but that’s through no fault of the Lygo’s. If the FA would just let the game grow naturally even slightly, then the Belles would be fine. Rising demands from the FA have meant they had to prioritise things to stay sustainable.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on July 15, 2018, 08:16:42 pm by Filo »

I think we had that once, they had no passion or ambition to keep going 😜

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on July 15, 2018, 08:46:51 pm by wesisback »
I have decided I no longer wish to be a Moderator of the forum and so I have stepped down. Please do not direct questions regarding how this place is moderated to me anymore. I'm sick of the Politicol stuff and I'm sick of the squabbles, I just want to support Doncaster Rovers.

Thank you everyone
A feeling we'll all be familiar with

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on July 15, 2018, 08:48:20 pm by RedJ »
Politicol

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on July 15, 2018, 08:51:48 pm by Filo »
I have decided I no longer wish to be a Moderator of the forum and so I have stepped down. Please do not direct questions regarding how this place is moderated to me anymore. I'm sick of the Politicol stuff and I'm sick of the squabbles, I just want to support Doncaster Rovers.

Thank you everyone
A feeling we'll all be familiar with

Good to see you still think of me Wes, the difference here though is I have never been an officer of the VSC, just a forum moderator, simple as that really. You on the other hand.........

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on July 15, 2018, 08:56:38 pm by wesisback »
Have also never been an officer of the VSC. Pleased thats all been cleared up.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on July 15, 2018, 08:59:55 pm by Filo »
Have also never been an officer of the VSC. Pleased thats all been cleared up.

You know full well what I mean, but for clarification DRSG, the group that fizzled out as the passion and ambition was'nt there

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on July 15, 2018, 09:16:28 pm by wesisback »
I think if i was to sum it up it was always set to be a flash reaction. I think we'd all agree now that our biggest regret was formalising it which was a knee jerk to Bob G (remember him) using the 'if you don't like what the VSC does, start your own' and came about the time that the trust had tried and not got cut through with atmosphere and while we still had the reigns we did the job of fixing it. The momentum never got carried forward as our time began to waiver.
I stand by that I don't regret it, our legacy will remain in the Stadium for many years to come and with the Tifo, Surfers, Banners and Flags alongside we gifted some of the few fan organised moments in the Keepmoat. It's certainly bulked out my CV. I hope moderating this website has done the same for you.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on July 15, 2018, 09:29:16 pm by RedJ »
"Key skills - got called a Kitson by some scrote online" :laugh:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on July 15, 2018, 09:36:08 pm by Filo »
I think if i was to sum it up it was always set to be a flash reaction. I think we'd all agree now that our biggest regret was formalising it which was a knee jerk to Bob G (remember him) using the 'if you don't like what the VSC does, start your own' and came about the time that the trust had tried and not got cut through with atmosphere and while we still had the reigns we did the job of fixing it. The momentum never got carried forward as our time began to waiver.
I stand by that I don't regret it, our legacy will remain in the Stadium for many years to come and with the Tifo, Surfers, Banners and Flags alongside we gifted some of the few fan organised moments in the Keepmoat. It's certainly bulked out my CV. I hope moderating this website has done the same for you.

At my age and position in life, I don't need to impress anyone with a CV, but thanks anyway

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on July 15, 2018, 11:07:43 pm by dknward2 »
Can we get back on point about the belles

It's a huge shame what's happening to the belles, I remember the plans they announced for the training facilities sounded great and the perfect direction for the club unfortunately the F.A needed to kill off our club to make it easier to add the club's that paid their way to the top

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on July 17, 2018, 11:06:13 pm by Muttley »
I got a letter from the bank today to tell me that the weekly standing order that I’d set up years ago after an appeal by the Belles had been cancelled.

Not a big amount by any means, but thought it a bit odd that they’d go to the trouble to cancel it.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on July 18, 2018, 07:27:10 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I got a letter from the bank today to tell me that the weekly standing order that I’d set up years ago after an appeal by the Belles had been cancelled.

Not a big amount by any means, but thought it a bit odd that they’d go to the trouble to cancel it.

Very strange. A new company forming perhaps?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on July 18, 2018, 07:43:30 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Could be something as simple as them changing their bank account..?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on August 19, 2018, 09:00:55 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Now playing at Rossington Mains ground and first game of the season lost 0-9 to Blackburn. They've gone from winning Div 1 and should have been promoted to being a team that's gonna get shit on every week.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on August 19, 2018, 09:21:40 pm by Pancho Regan »

Very strange. A new company forming perhaps?

I’ve also been paying a small monthly sum to the Belles for years, and although I’ve not had a letter from my bank, I have had last month’s payment returned to my account.
And the direct debit appears to have been cancelled.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on August 19, 2018, 09:27:04 pm by the vicar »

What message would they send? We want you to spend more money of yours on our club every year than the 2 million we unthankfully receive yearly.
there club they own us

TinyPortal © 2005-2012