Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:51:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Donny belles  (Read 13235 times)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Re: Donny belles
« Reply #30 on July 13, 2018, 09:23:50 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
How can the Dons be the same when they ARE part of Club Doncaster?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on July 13, 2018, 09:26:24 pm by silent majority »
Hi raggy,

Hows your relationship with the Irish consortium these days? Did you ever get what you were promised?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on July 13, 2018, 10:10:50 pm by RedJ »
They've never asked to join Club Doncaster though have they? happy to be proven wrong but I don't remember that. As for the rest of the post, you've been posting the same shite for years so I'm not going to waste my time responding to that tripe.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on July 13, 2018, 11:11:09 pm by Michael Shaw »
Do the people of Doncaster have no pride in either their men's or women's football teams as it's clear they are not prepared to fight for either and just accept the inevitable. The Belles have gone down, and I will not be surprised if Rovers do as well at the end of the season. Just follow the bookies and see where they put us. Top 6 you are a joke!

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on July 14, 2018, 05:29:08 am by raggytash »
SM the belles openly asked drfc and club Doncaster about merging but were told no, do you know how much they were charged for using the pitch???? It’s disgusting mate.

Do you know they wrote to kirkham asking him if hewas interested in helping or did or could he put them in touch with anyone who he knew who might be interested, they got a letter back with one word... no!! What a w**ker ..

It’s completely my opinion I think this board are passed there sell by date there’s no ambition or investment whatsoever there going to look very silly when there 5 year plan is nowhere near... so if there is ambition and investment why did Fergie go????

If some of the top earners went, and our average gate was well over what GB said was break even, and apparently our budgets bigger, where’s it going????? Grant wants to come but Baldwin pulled the plug after agreeing a fee???

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 14, 2018, 08:05:31 am by Boomstick »
Hi raggy,

Hows your relationship with the Irish consortium these days? Did you ever get what you were promised?

how's that got any relevance to what he's saying ?

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on July 14, 2018, 08:27:24 am by dknward2 »
Anyone got a list of names of people that want to takeover drfc and give us 3 million a year as it seems now that's what we need minimum 2 million to cover normal losses plus the extra million for players or maybe more, cause I don't see anyone asking or wanting to buy our club so maybe the people who want the board gone must know them.
For me it's simple until this board put the club in jeopardy I.e not paying bills and having embargoes put on us then they are ok to continue for me.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on July 14, 2018, 09:10:00 am by raggytash »
Just my opinion mate and stating facts, it’s a shame some people don’t like facts.... I can’t remember the last time we made a signing were supporters think.... fk me we mean business!! It’s turning into the same old.... scrape the barrel and cut costs wherever possible.....

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on July 14, 2018, 09:23:27 am by Boomstick »
Just my opinion mate and stating facts, it’s a shame some people don’t like facts.... I can’t remember the last time we made a signing were supporters think.... fk me we mean business!! It’s turning into the same old.... scrape the barrel and cut costs wherever possible.....
Think it was probably billy Sharp, incidentally when john ryan was still here

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on July 14, 2018, 09:37:55 am by vaya »
....and off we go down the time tunnel.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on July 14, 2018, 09:53:03 am by DonnyOsmond »
They've never asked to join Club Doncaster though have they? happy to be proven wrong but I don't remember that. As for the rest of the post, you've been posting the same shite for years so I'm not going to waste my time responding to that tripe.

Going from what I saw on the Lygo's Twitter a couple of month ago there was some talk, not sure if it was part of Club Doncaster or just a closer relationship.

And found this.

Doncaster Rovers Belles: WSL 2 champions discuss integration into Club Doncaster - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44195465
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 10:04:53 am by DonnyOsmond »

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on July 14, 2018, 10:00:58 am by Michael Shaw »
What's wrong with the time tunnel? They were happy days having fought our way from oblivion into the Championship and John Ryan's face smiling at every victory.
What do we have to look forward to? Certainly League Two is more likely than the Championship based on the players we currently have.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on July 14, 2018, 10:05:33 am by silent majority »
Hi raggy,

All the relevance in the world.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on July 14, 2018, 10:07:02 am by silent majority »

And who's money brought in Billy Sharp?

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on July 14, 2018, 10:07:10 am by Boomstick »
Hi raggy,

can you elaborate ?

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on July 14, 2018, 10:07:52 am by Michael Shaw »
At every  meet-the-owners  meeting the board will admit they are businessmen and not football fans. The only football fans we had were John Ryan and Dick Watson. Both have now gone, and naturally Dick's shares have gone to Andrew but that does not mean Andrew is as committed to the club or as much of as fan as his dad was.
So the board has lost the passion for football and we are left with the businessmen.
Sure we are unlikely to go into liquidation, but if the businessmen can still making money out of Rovers in League Two why should they care?
No doubt you will castigate my comments. I don't care because plenty of fans (loyal to DRFC and not the board, manager or players) out there will know I am right.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on July 14, 2018, 10:08:43 am by silent majority »
Hi raggy,

can you elaborate ?

Look, if you don't get it you never will.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on July 14, 2018, 10:10:29 am by Boomstick »

we both know.
But it wasn't like JR held a gun to every board members head and forced the signing of sharp was it?
it was a collective decision, helped along with the enthusiasm, leadership and ambition of JR.
Now we no longer have that, at the very best the club is just about treading water.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on July 14, 2018, 10:12:07 am by Boomstick »
Hi raggy,

can you elaborate ?

Look, if you don't get it you never will.
ah ok, thought you might bring more insight to that saga, but your not...

like I said that saga has no relevance to what's going on NOW.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on July 14, 2018, 10:15:12 am by Michael Shaw »
JR's passion is what got us where we were at the pinnacle of history in my life time. Who has the passion now to get us there again? Blunt, Watson, Bramall, Baldwin? I don't see it. All I see is pound signs ringing in their eyes.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on July 14, 2018, 10:16:02 am by vaya »
What's wrong with the time tunnel? They were happy days having fought our way from oblivion into the Championship and John Ryan's face smiling at every victory.
What do we have to look forward to? Certainly League Two is more likely than the Championship based on the players we currently have.

Zero chance of getting a bite out of me 'Michael', but feel free to keep having a go, obviously.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on July 14, 2018, 10:16:29 am by silent majority »

we both know.
But it wasn't like JR held a gun to every board members head and forced the signing of sharp was it?
it was a collective decision, helped along with the enthusiasm, leadership and ambition of JR.
Now we no longer have that, at the very best the club is just about treading water.

It's easy to be ambitious with other peoples money.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on July 14, 2018, 10:18:56 am by silent majority »
JR's passion is what got us where we were at the pinnacle of history in my life time. Who has the passion now to get us there again? Blunt, Watson, Bramall, Baldwin? I don't see it. All I see is pound signs ringing in their eyes.

These are the £ signs as they keep parting with the money to keep us in our current and excellent health I take it?

Not sure what passion has to do with anything either, how many other clubs are led by passionate Chairmen? I doubt if there's any.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on July 14, 2018, 10:20:26 am by Michael Shaw »
Who's money is it? Is it not the fans that buy the kit, and the fans who pay for season tickets, and the fans that go to the matches? But are not expected to have any say because the board and VSC are always right.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on July 14, 2018, 10:21:39 am by vaya »
Who's money is it? Is it not the fans that buy the kit, and the fans who pay for season tickets, and the fans that go to the matches? But are not expected to have any say because the board and VSC are always right.

I think you need some new material.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on July 14, 2018, 10:22:11 am by Michael Shaw »
Do you really belief that the club is financially supported only by the board and not the fans? You're crazy.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on July 14, 2018, 10:23:01 am by silent majority »

The fans aren't plugging the £2m deficit that we operate under every year are they?

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on July 14, 2018, 10:23:29 am by Michael Shaw »
I think we need a new fans alliance for DRFC where the fans have a voice instead of a site that just pedals the party line driven by the board.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on July 14, 2018, 10:24:10 am by silent majority »
I think we need a new fans alliance for DRFC where the fans have a voice instead of a site that just pedals the party line driven by the board.

Good luck with that.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on July 14, 2018, 10:24:25 am by Michael Shaw »
So the club doesn't need the fans money. Fans take note.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012