Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:17:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mandeville to Morecambe  (Read 5843 times)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Mandeville to Morecambe
« on July 12, 2018, 06:07:38 pm by RoversAlias »
Liam Mandeville has joined Morecambe on loan for the season, per Liam Hoden. This is the last year of his contrast so he's probably done as a Rovers player now.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

since-1969

• VSC Member
Re: Mandeville to Morecambe
« Reply #1 on July 12, 2018, 06:13:03 pm by since-1969 »
He had his 25 mins of fame . It was good while it lasted . 

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 12, 2018, 06:27:50 pm by selby »
  It  is a new start for the lad, I wish him well and also think he will have another 25 minutes of fame 69.
   It is a lot longer than some of the strikers we have kept have ever had, two or three of them scored about 6 goals between Christmas and the end of last season if you added them all up together.
   No doubt we will have a share in whatever he does, because I would hazard a guess we will be paying some if not the majority of his wages there.
  At least if he does well before Christmas we may have a chance of a transfer fee in January, so don't be your usual arse and get praying he does well early in the season, which he is more than capable of.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 12, 2018, 06:36:45 pm by Michael Shaw »
I once thought he would be the great wonder boy for Rovers, but it all turned sour in one match substitution. Quite bizarre.  He was on cloud nine when I last sat next to him at a sponsor's meal and now he is an outcast.
I really hope he sorts himself out. So much wasted talent if only he could be motivated.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 12, 2018, 07:42:40 pm by PDX_Rover »
Had a number of opportunities to prove himself. We should move on. This in on his shoulders.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 12, 2018, 08:09:02 pm by selby »
  Well, we all have our opinions, mine is it was as much to do with miss management by Fergie than anything else.
  The same with Lund and Garrett as well.

HomerJSimpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 12, 2018, 08:20:12 pm by HomerJSimpson »
Another young lad paid too much money and has too much time on his hands. Also spent a lot more time in Leeds and Teesside drinking instead of looking after himself and improving. Shame but he won’t be last. It must be so hard to stay away from temptation. It’s all too easy to criticise but he did look like he might have what it takes... oh well.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 12, 2018, 08:43:51 pm by Draytonian III »
Fergie like to stamp authority on players,which is fair enough as a manager of any business or organisation you have to do,but and it’s a very big but he liked to use players as scapegoats for his own failings.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 12, 2018, 10:34:47 pm by Alan Southstand »
So, what's McCann done, then?

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 13, 2018, 09:42:33 am by Lesonthewest »
Fergy gave him enough chances & he blew them, awful lazy attitude. It can't be just coincidence that 3 managers don't want him. Good luck to him but he must have a decent agent.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 13, 2018, 09:57:44 am by selby »
  It is a good job he has now gone to a club that has a manager who has constantly got more out of his players than the sum of the parts then.
  Instead of managers who bleat about budgets, and how hard life is while running about in their Mercedes.
  If he does well in the first half of the season we may still get a transfer fee, lets hope we do, after all fergie was pillocked by Sheffield United with Whiteman. Although whether we are bright enough to have a recall after 6 months and even give ourselves a chance of making something out of it is open to question. We have not been up to it in the past.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 13, 2018, 01:24:35 pm by ravenrover »
Whiteman for me was an un-necessary panic signing. How many tines did he end up on the bench after signing, another one for the future? If that's the case why did the Blades let him go.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 13, 2018, 01:27:52 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Whiteman for me was an un-necessary panic signing. How many tines did he end up on the bench after signing, another one for the future? If that's the case why did the Blades let him go.

Sheffield Wednesday released Jamie Vardy. Up to Whiteman to make Blades regret it.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on July 13, 2018, 01:51:27 pm by selby »
  I was not suggesting that Whiteman was a bad buy, I think he is a good player,and will get better.
  Just pointing out that Fergie and the club were outmaneuvered, and that in Mandevilles case, we have had the same opportunity to get something for him in January if he has a good start to this season, which is not beyond the bounds of possibility.
  On past record I will not hold my breath, and that we have been proactive in our thinking, and could not wait to get the lad out of the door as quick as possible.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 13, 2018, 02:03:19 pm by RoversAlias »
  I was not suggesting that Whiteman was a bad buy, I think he is a good player,and will get better.
  Just pointing out that Fergie and the club were outmaneuvered, and that in Mandevilles case, we have had the same opportunity to get something for him in January if he has a good start to this season, which is not beyond the bounds of possibility.
  On past record I will not hold my breath, and that we have been proactive in our thinking, and could not wait to get the lad out of the door as quick as possible.

If Mandeville gets the chance at Morecambe and still flops, will you admit that the lad himself is the problem here rather than the manager or anything else?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on July 13, 2018, 02:14:32 pm by selby »
No, I am an old cussed B*****D.
  Will you bet me £50 to be given to the youth team that he scores more goals than Alfie May,  Kiwomya, and Beestin this coming season? Thats three chances to my one RA.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 13, 2018, 02:47:22 pm by RedJ »
Well he will be in a lower division...

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 13, 2018, 03:16:30 pm by RoversAlias »
No, I am an old cussed B*****D.
  Will you bet me £50 to be given to the youth team that he scores more goals than Alfie May,  Kiwomya, and Beestin this coming season? Thats three chances to my one RA.

Well, no, because he'll be in a lower division for a start. Your response proves to me that you will just always think he's good and any evidence to the contrary you will ignore.

If in January he hasn't got it done at Morecambe having had half a season in League 2 then that should put the debate to rest. He isn't good enough.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on July 13, 2018, 04:46:21 pm by selby »
  Heart like a pea. If we sign a couple of decent forwards and the midfielders people want us to sign I will be very surprised if those three get a lot of game time, so I will give you the ChekaTrade Trophy as well if you want, oh I forgot you they didn't count last season because Mandeville scored a couple.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on July 13, 2018, 04:47:32 pm by Alan Southstand »
Just a minute, he had half a season at Colchester didn't he and what did he prove there - that he could sit on a bench?

Fur Calf

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 13, 2018, 04:58:22 pm by Fur Calf »
He's not good enough so I'm glad he's gone, he couldn't pull the wool over DF's eyes nor GM so good riddance

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 13, 2018, 05:06:46 pm by RoversAlias »
  Heart like a pea. If we sign a couple of decent forwards and the midfielders people want us to sign I will be very surprised if those three get a lot of game time, so I will give you the ChekaTrade Trophy as well if you want, oh I forgot you they didn't count last season because Mandeville scored a couple.

"Heart like a pea" because I won't put up money on your terms?

As it is I don't have £50 to bet, Selby. Not that it's any of your business, but I'm rather poor. I'm also not keen to bet that a contracted Rovers player will be crap, as I hope Mandeville lights up L2 for Morecambe.

I asked a simple question, and you answered with the expected response - that you will always think Mandeville is being held down by other people rather than himself. The buck stops with the player in situations like this, but you refuse to see it. If by January he has 2 goals in 20 games for Morecambe, how could you possibly say that's down to anyone but himself? He had plenty of chance at the start of last season and he didn't take it. Fergie put faith in him, he made him a starting striker at a level he'd not really played at before and he blew his chance. McCann has come in, spoken to him, seen him in a friendly, got feedback off staff members who know him better and also let's not forget, McCann watched most of our matches from last season so will have studied Mandeville's performances there too. You act like McCann took a glance at him in a meaningless friendly and decided he didn't like him when it won't be like that at all. The facts don't add up to meet your viewpoint I'm afraid.

1. He didn't prove himself when given the chance here last season.

2. He demonstrated an attitude problem to the previous manager but was still given more chances in the first team, he didn't take them.

3. He got given a chance to impress out on loan and his new manager didn't see enough in him to play him ahead of other, not exactly brilliant, strikers.

4. He has garnered a reputation for being too laid back, and for going out drinking a bit more than maybe he should.

5. He has made a poor first impression on the new Rovers manager and been loaned out accordingly.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on July 13, 2018, 05:09:49 pm by Alickismyhero »
I am with Selby on this I am convinced Mandy is good enough but we seem to be in the minority. I have a holiday booked in September in Morecombe and I will make every effort to watch him and form my own opinion as to his potential. I enjoyed his good run of form with us and I find it hard to accept the lad has been written off by my club.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on July 13, 2018, 05:12:54 pm by selby »
  Well the bets open to others if they want it,  your gamble is he will be on the bench at Morcombe has substance after his history at Colchester so dip in there if you are confident, I will have to give £50  to the youth team.
 Seams to be an easy bet for you, come on have a go. RA has just given you 5 reasons to have a bet.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on July 13, 2018, 05:18:52 pm by selby »
 RA, in no way was I trying to belittle you personally sorry mate.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on July 13, 2018, 06:01:22 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Mandeville if he could be arsed would be our second best striker. Shame attitude, personal habits,etc have ruined a promising career.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on July 13, 2018, 06:05:39 pm by RoversAlias »

No worries Selby, we'll probably just be debating Mandeville til the end of time no matter where he ends up.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on July 13, 2018, 06:30:11 pm by The Red Baron »

No worries Selby, we'll probably just be debating Mandeville til the end of time no matter where he ends up.

He's either going to be the next Brian Deane or the next Waide Fairhurst. We'll probably have a clearer idea this time next year.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on July 13, 2018, 07:14:58 pm by RedJ »
I am with Selby on this I am convinced Mandy is good enough but we seem to be in the minority. I have a holiday booked in September in Morecombe and I will make every effort to watch him and form my own opinion as to his potential. I enjoyed his good run of form with us and I find it hard to accept the lad has been written off by my club.

He probably does have the talent but there's no point having the talent if you've not got the mindset.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on July 13, 2018, 08:06:43 pm by selby »
  If he is the next Brian Dean ( another I was ridiculed for thinking he had it) you lot had better watch out he he,
  If he is Fairhurst you will find me on the Barnsley or Rotherham forum.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012