Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:57:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: And so it begins.......again!  (Read 1742 times)

sha66y

• Forum Member
And so it begins.......again!
« on August 02, 2018, 06:37:39 pm by sha66y »
From what I witnessed last year, ( about 8 home games) we seemed very unbalanced and very disjointed, ... yet I always felt individually the majority of the team were more than capable of holding there own...perhaps it was the “ playing out of position to a rigid format” that caused the team to stutter and start
Now looking at the team under McCann I feel he must have seen the same thing, hence his not wanting to dismantle it ....Yet!
For those who scream “ no budget” and add a vitriolic amount of unsupported bile.... I say this....watch and wait, and believe that the Manager will play these undoubted talents to their full potential..
But it may take 4-5 games to see the bigger picture evolve...patience fans...patience!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: And so it begins.......again!
« Reply #1 on August 02, 2018, 09:41:16 pm by drfchound »
Far too sensible a post to even be allowed on this forum.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 02, 2018, 09:45:35 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Seems to be generally agreed that our current set of players can do better than last season hopefully it is the case!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 02, 2018, 09:47:25 pm by drfchound »
Many of us believe that Ferguson didn’t get the best from a few of our players.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 02, 2018, 09:56:55 pm by dknward2 »
Play the players in their best position then that will start the improvement.

Mason has already said that he is looking forward to playing on the right his best position. Add in the young pacy lads should see us do a whole lot better

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 02, 2018, 10:10:47 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Quite a few people have a binary view of football which doesn't take into account how players improve or how confidence affects performance on the pitch. players signed = wins. but that just isn't the case (it helps i'm not going to lie) if football is reduced to that whats the point in us watching the matches the outcome has been decided by the transfer window.

I just look to Warnock and how he can get a group playing with so much confidence and belief an 11 under his management is like 11 new signings. Not sure if Grant will have quite that impact (hopefully he does) but if he can just get the team performing at a reasonable level for their ability we'll be much higher than last season.

We shouldn't of been getting beat by the likes of Walsall etc last season with what we had if you could do a player swap with the teams we played not many games would of gone by where we would of swapped the majority of our team with the majority of the oppositions. That for me just highlights the under achievement last season 

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 02, 2018, 10:23:32 pm by Campsall rover »
Quite a few people have a binary view of football which doesn't take into account how players improve or how confidence affects performance on the pitch. players signed = wins. but that just isn't the case (it helps i'm not going to lie) if football is reduced to that whats the point in us watching the matches the outcome has been decided by the transfer window.

I just look to Warnock and how he can get a group playing with so much confidence and belief an 11 under his management is like 11 new signings. Not sure if Grant will have quite that impact (hopefully he does) but if he can just get the team performing at a reasonable level for their ability we'll be much higher than last season.

We shouldn't of been getting beat by the likes of Walsall etc last season with what we had if you could do a player swap with the teams we played not many games would of gone by where we would of swapped the majority of our team with the majority of the oppositions. That for me just highlights the under achievement last season
Correct. We massively under achieved last season. DF just did not get the best out of what we had.
Constantly changing the team, formations and playing people out of position. It was a season of round pegs in square holes.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 02, 2018, 11:29:20 pm by RoversAlias »

I agree with every word of this Sedwards.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 12, 2018, 05:37:51 pm by sha66y »
From what I witnessed last year, ( about 8 home games) we seemed very unbalanced and very disjointed, ... yet I always felt individually the majority of the team were more than capable of holding there own...perhaps it was the “ playing out of position to a rigid format” that caused the team to stutter and start
Now looking at the team under McCann I feel he must have seen the same thing, hence his not wanting to dismantle it ....Yet!
For those who scream “ no budget” and add a vitriolic amount of unsupported bile.... I say this....watch and wait, and believe that the Manager will play these undoubted talents to their full potential..
But it may take 4-5 games to see the bigger picture evolve...patience fans...patience!

Or.....
We could hit the tarmac like a Typhoon...lol

TinyPortal © 2005-2012