Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:40:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Reece Fielding  (Read 4982 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Reece Fielding
« on July 26, 2018, 02:02:03 pm by The Red Baron »
Reece Fielding, who was released by Rovers at the end of last season has signed for Ossett United.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ossettunited/status/1022180160450306048?p=v

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Reece Fielding
« Reply #1 on July 26, 2018, 02:07:25 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Good luck to the lad

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 26, 2018, 02:23:10 pm by Branton Rover »
I always thought he was one of the better ones & he’s young enough to make League football still

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 28, 2018, 01:29:23 pm by The Red Baron »
Another youngster who left the club last season, Lewis Scattergood, has gained a place at Stetson University, Florida USA, where he will play for the men's "soccer" team.

https://gohatters.com/news/2018/7/27/mens-soccer-hatters-announce-2018-recruiting-class.aspx

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 28, 2018, 01:40:42 pm by RedJ »
God, a place called Stetson, why are they not calling themselves the Cowboys?!

Geoff Blakesley

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 28, 2018, 02:23:14 pm by Geoff Blakesley »
Err because Stetson make hats ?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 28, 2018, 03:12:24 pm by RedJ »
...that cowboys typically wear...

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 28, 2018, 03:30:31 pm by The Red Baron »
God, a place called Stetson, why are they not calling themselves the Cowboys?!

The place isn't called Stetson. The University is named after John Stetson, the hat-maker himself, who was a major benefactor.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 28, 2018, 03:33:17 pm by RedJ »
I know it was just the institution name (though I didn't know the other part), that just makes it even more disappointing. :laugh:

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 28, 2018, 10:14:17 pm by Draytonian III »
The people who used to White Post Farm Park down the A614 were called Scattergood ,Steve was a good footballer,local league standard

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 07, 2018, 09:34:27 am by The Red Baron »
Another player released by Rovers last season, defender Tyler Walker, has joined National League North side Boston United.

Of the senior players released only Craig Alcock and Cedric Evina are yet to find clubs. Alcock has been linked with Yeovil Town while Evina played for both Lincoln City and Ebbsfleet in pre-season.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 07, 2018, 09:38:12 am by Chris Black come back »
Can you imagine if a club signed them as job lot, one at left back and t’other at right back?

#solid

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 07, 2018, 09:56:00 am by Retdon1 »
I saw the other day that Harry Middleton has signed for national league north side alfreton.. I’m surprised a lower end league 2 or conference team didn’t come in for him.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 07, 2018, 10:18:11 am by The Red Baron »
I saw the other day that Harry Middleton has signed for national league north side alfreton.. I’m surprised a lower end league 2 or conference team didn’t come in for him.

I saw that too. He'd been on trial at Boston, where his brother plays. To be honest, I'd expect him to get a gig at that level. He didn't tear up any trees in a poor Port Vale side last season - although I think he was a tad unfortunate that the guy who signed him was sacked soon afterwards.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 09, 2018, 01:55:15 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
one player you all missed out is our friend or perhaps i'm behind the times

ATS

thought he was still at Plymouth not so got rid at the end of the season

Motherwell "chanced him" for one season ONLY

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Taylor-Sinclair

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Taylor-Sinclair

Geoff Blakesley

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 12, 2018, 02:22:01 pm by Geoff Blakesley »
I know it was just the institution name (though I didn't know the other part), that just makes it even more disappointing. :laugh:
Which part ? That Stetson is a hatmaker ?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 12, 2018, 03:37:35 pm by The Red Baron »
Another player released by Rovers last season, defender Tyler Walker, has joined National League North side Boston United.

Of the senior players released only Craig Alcock and Cedric Evina are yet to find clubs. Alcock has been linked with Yeovil Town while Evina played for both Lincoln City and Ebbsfleet in pre-season.

Tyler's gone to Boston Town, John.

In the UCL (United Counties League, not UEFA Champions League, unfortunately) - not a bad move to be honest because he'll get games every week there, get better with experience, and then potentially jump up a few divisions to a club in a higher league in a few years time if he wants to.

I just had a look and I see Tyler Walker played for Boston Town in a FA Cup qualifying tie at Staveley MW (the team we played in one of our pre-season games).

Also in the Town team was Keegan Townrow, another youth teamer who was released at the end of last season.

The Staveley team included three former young Rovers, Connor Williamson, Matty Davies and Joe Pugh.

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 12, 2018, 06:59:55 pm by RedArmy »
No disrespect to them players mentioned but.. our academy lacks bringing quality in to the first team.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 12, 2018, 07:30:33 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
It feels like it's slowly getting better though every year theres a few who just don't quite make it (Middleton, Mandeville, Longbottom injuries, Lund is ok) but even big clubs who have records of producing for the 1st team end up having a lot of players in non league, its normal. Just need the one's who come close to get a bit better 

Amos looks decent and i've heard really good things about Jones the goalkeeper, but thats a hard position to come though in. Plus the improvements that have been made in the Fergie years won't really show for another 3-5 seasons. So hopefully we'll improve on that record

TinyPortal © 2005-2012