Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:18:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: SHould boris apologise?  (Read 11158 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: SHould boris apologise?
« Reply #30 on August 09, 2018, 01:52:37 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Who are the PC brigade Filo and how have they spun it?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on August 09, 2018, 01:53:38 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Bollinger.

Fascinating story. I’ve never had the misfortune of meeting him but your story is precisely what I’d expect. Everything he does is calculated.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 09, 2018, 01:55:19 pm by bpoolrover »
''Now, in this little ramble of his he made an apparently clumsy off the cuff remark that was widely quoted in the next day's papers. Talking to a colleague who sat next to BJ, he told me that this spur-of-the-moment comment had been the only thing BJ had written in front of him when he stood to speak.''

Except Bollinger, it wasn't an off the cuff remark in a little ramble it was a column in the Telegraph,

''Mr Johnson has rejected calls to apologise for his remarks, in a Daily Telegraph column in which he also argued against a ban on full-face veils.''

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-45130532

The guy is a complete dick and should be made to remain in the conservative party to assist in Mays downfall, following a full and frank apology to all muslims that is.
why should he say sorry to all muslims? There are many muslims that think the burka should not be worn

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on August 09, 2018, 02:02:59 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Bpool

Once again. Because he’s NOT engaging in a sensible grown-up debate about the burka. He’s deliberately making fun of it and turning it into a joke.

There’s a debate to be had here. That Kitson is not having it. He’s publicising Boris Inc. to people who think it’s clever to make smart-arse jokes about this.

That’s why he SHOULD apologise. But of course there’s more chance of Trump being honest and faithful to his wife that there is of Boris apologising.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 09, 2018, 02:11:15 pm by bpoolrover »
https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/emily-thornberry-said-she-would-not-want-her-elderly-mum-looked-after-by-someone-wearing-a-burka-1.468119   Should she say sorry? Is there's any difference to a woman wearing a burka and looking after your child than someone who does not? What boris has said is nothing more than most people have said, saying that I think he was stupid writing it in the paper

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 09, 2018, 02:17:12 pm by bpoolrover »
My question about saying sorry to all Muslim stands as millions of muslims will not be offended by what he said

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on August 09, 2018, 03:39:59 pm by Bentley Bullet »

I can't speak for Filo, but I use the term informally to categorise certain people who patronise to the point of being condescending. You know the sort, the holier than thou, namby-pamby, do-gooders who bore everybody shitless.

Bollinger

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on August 09, 2018, 04:01:13 pm by Bollinger »
''Now, in this little ramble of his he made an apparently clumsy off the cuff remark that was widely quoted in the next day's papers. Talking to a colleague who sat next to BJ, he told me that this spur-of-the-moment comment had been the only thing BJ had written in front of him when he stood to speak.''

Except Bollinger, it wasn't an off the cuff remark in a little ramble it was a column in the Telegraph,

''Mr Johnson has rejected calls to apologise for his remarks, in a Daily Telegraph column in which he also argued against a ban on full-face veils.''

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-45130532

The guy is a complete dick and should be made to remain in the conservative party to assist in Mays downfall, following a full and frank apology to all muslims that is.

That's the point I was making SR. Nothing he does is 'off the cuff'. He knew exactly what he was doing that day I saw him, in the same way he knew what he was doing when he wrote in the Telegraph.

I'm neither defending him nor attacking him, just pointing out that on the one occasion I ever got close to the bloke i saw enough premeditation to see him in a different light.

As an aside, I'd also have expected for his big fat fee for 20 minutes work he might have actually read the brief and written something beforehand instead of turning up with a blank sheet of paper with a one-liner on it. We could have had Sandi Toksvig...

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on August 09, 2018, 04:01:50 pm by The Red Baron »
I wonder if Johnson and Farage are thinking about setting up a new political party and this is what is behind the Telegraph article? I can't see this furore makes Johnson more likely to be the next Conservative leader. If anything it will harden the opposition to him within the Parliamentary party - and remember he has to get through them in order to go before the membership.

If Johnson was going to become leader it was surely when Cameron stepped down. However there was a "stop Boris" campaign and he withdrew rather than suffer the humiliation of being rejected by MPs.

However, I now think it unlikely the Conservative Party will survive in its present form. Might Johnson and Farage be looking to form a new party on the Right, attracting UKIP supporters and disillusioned Tories? I wonder...

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 09, 2018, 04:43:38 pm by Axholme Lion »
A new party like that would be worth voting for because all the alternatives at the moment are shit.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on August 09, 2018, 04:44:45 pm by Filo »

You know the type, do gooders, and I said no doubt, not they have

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on August 09, 2018, 05:57:03 pm by The Red Baron »
A new party like that would be worth voting for because all the alternatives at the moment are shit.

I must admit, I thought if a new party was to emerge it would be in the centre, with both "main" parties having moved left and right respectively. And it is still a possibility.

I guess whatever the end game of Brexit is there are going to be a lot of unhappy people around and the established political parties may well be a target of their ire.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on August 09, 2018, 07:01:54 pm by IDM »
https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/emily-thornberry-said-she-would-not-want-her-elderly-mum-looked-after-by-someone-wearing-a-burka-1.468119   Should she say sorry? Is there's any difference to a woman wearing a burka and looking after your child than someone who does not? What boris has said is nothing more than most people have said, saying that I think he was stupid writing it in the paper

Most people.??

Count me out..

As I said earlier, debating the issue is one thing.  Using silly language is divisive and ill advised and does nothing to help progress a genuine debate.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on August 09, 2018, 08:21:43 pm by bpoolrover »
I quite agree idm

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on August 09, 2018, 09:51:20 pm by SydneyRover »
I still think Johnson is a Dick in a suit and a waste of space in parliament. He is also a gutless t*at and I certainly wouldnt want his representation where I lived because when you most need him he runs away. He has also wasted millions of public money without an apology for that either.
Love the idea of a channel bridge dont you?.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5886271/Boris-Johnson-slammed-sides-skipping-Heathrow-vote-flying-Afghanistan.html

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2014/09/boris-johnson-owes-londoners-apology-wasting-public-money-over-airport-folly

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/22/boris-johnson-940-million-system-to-blame

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jan/19/boris-johnson-slams-uks-infrastructure-record-then-proposes-channel-bridge

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on August 09, 2018, 10:01:25 pm by bpoolrover »
There are many politicians who have wasted public money, it’s not really about him saying sorry for everything he has done, as I posted above the labour mp has said that she wouldn’t have a women in a burka looking after her child, should she say sorry 2? Is she less of a good parent because of what she wears that must be very offensive to all Muslims no?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on August 09, 2018, 10:11:18 pm by SydneyRover »
There are many politicians who have wasted public money, it’s not really about him saying sorry for everything he has done, as I posted above the labour mp has said that she wouldn’t have a women in a burka looking after her child, should she say sorry 2? Is she less of a good parent because of what she wears that must be very offensive to all Muslims no?
This does not make the case any less so for Boris he totally incompetent too.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on August 09, 2018, 10:34:54 pm by bpoolrover »
No I agree, but surely if you going to call for 1 to say sorry to all Muslims you should call for the other to do the same?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on August 09, 2018, 11:02:38 pm by SydneyRover »
No I agree, but surely if you going to call for 1 to say sorry to all Muslims you should call for the other to do the same?
Why not?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on August 09, 2018, 11:20:23 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

I can see I’m going to be accused of being a condescending t**t again here but you’re consistently missing the point Bpool.

One is giving an opinion in an important debate. The other is making stupid, childish wisecracks.

Is it SO hard to see the difference?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on August 10, 2018, 12:16:13 am by bpoolrover »
I’m not missing the point bst as I agree he should not have said it, it was very childish and was obviously going to cause outrage, what the labour mp said was she would not let or want a woman in a burka look after her child or mother,that is not debating that is stating that she has a issue! It’s the words that come out of your mouth that are a issue not if your debating it, sorry if I sound condescending but I think your missing the point if the roles were reversed and you were not such a labour man you may see that

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on August 10, 2018, 12:18:43 am by Muttley »

You know the type, do gooders,

What? The people who want to do some good in the world?

Make it a better place for us all to live in?

People who want to to silence the hate speech?

Show compassion and emathy for their fellow man?

Have concern for the environment and what the human race is doing to destroy it?

I know which team I would rather be on!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on August 10, 2018, 12:28:51 am by RedJ »
I’m not missing the point bst as I agree he should not have said it, it was very childish and was obviously going to cause outrage, what the labour mp said was she would not let or want a woman in a burka look after her child or mother,that is not debating that is stating that she has a issue! It’s the words that come out of your mouth that are a issue not if your debating it, sorry if I sound condescending but I think your missing the point if the roles were reversed and you were not such a labour man you may see that

Stating she has an issue with it is not the same thing as making a derogatory joke about it. So yes, you are missing the point.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on August 10, 2018, 04:50:33 am by hoolahoop »

I can't speak for Filo, but I use the term informally to categorise certain people who patronise to the point of being condescending. You know the sort, the holier than thou, namby-pamby, do-gooders who bore everybody shitless.

Damn I had all 4 of you on my list too - beaten  to the punch again. Still I'm far happier being in my tag team .
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 05:03:13 am by hoolahoop »

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on August 10, 2018, 08:30:29 am by idler »
My daughter is a primary school teacher. She says that it is important for young children to see all of a persons face so they can see a smile and facial expressions. Only seeing someone's eyes doesn't let them know just by looking a person's mood or disposition.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on August 10, 2018, 09:06:17 am by Glyn_Wigley »

Did she say they look like letterboxes and bank robbers?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on August 10, 2018, 11:31:12 am by Bentley Bullet »
If you want to take the comments that seriously how can a letterbox rob a f**king bank?

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on August 10, 2018, 11:34:46 am by i_ateallthepies »
Boris has done what he always does, calculated that the number of ignorant, stupid and racially prejudiced who will like what he says and give him their support exceeds the number of those who can see what a gratuitous knob he is.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on August 10, 2018, 11:46:54 am by Filo »
Boris has done what he always does, calculated that the number of ignorant, stupid and racially prejudiced who will like what he says and give him their support exceeds the number of those who can see what a gratuitous knob he is.

And thus, as predicted, the race card is played

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on August 10, 2018, 12:33:27 pm by Axholme Lion »

You know the type, do gooders,

What? The people who want to do some good in the world?

Make it a better place for us all to live in?

People who want to to silence the hate speech?

Show compassion and emathy for their fellow man?

Have concern for the environment and what the human race is doing to destroy it?

I know which team I would rather be on!

AKA interfering busybodies who want to control what normal people think, do and say.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012