Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:57:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ross Etheridge  (Read 4079 times)

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
Ross Etheridge
« on August 15, 2018, 12:05:55 am by Spilsby Red »
Took my lad to watch Boston united tonight. Thought about travelling up to Scunthorpe but glad I didn’t after reading reports of the idiot fans. Want my lad to support DRFC all his life and not to stop if he becomes scared.
Anyway back to my original post, sorry. My lad was reading the programme and he noticed that Ross was playing for Nuneaton. We had a chat after the warm up. Top bloke. Gave time to us. However, he was sub keeper. Put on a little bit of weight. We watched them warm down. My lad was happy he met him. I know he got grief, we both wished him all the best. Might not mean a lot to people, but through fifa 18 my lad recognised him, he was a true gent.
Good luck to him

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
Re: Ross Etheridge
« Reply #1 on August 15, 2018, 10:50:05 am by Colemans Left Hook »
by the way on the subject of x goalies

MAXWELLS SILVER HAMMER aka Maxted let in half a dozen last night for Accie as they did get hammered shame it couldnt have been last season

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 15, 2018, 11:14:32 am by RedJ »
by the way on the subject of x goalies

MAXWELLS SILVER HAMMER aka Maxted let in half a dozen last night for Accie as they did get hammered shame it couldnt have been last season

No one but you in the history of the world has ever referred to him as that.

jm291

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 15, 2018, 12:45:51 pm by jm291 »
Talking of Nuneaton - their assistant manager is Lee Fowler - piled on the pounds!

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/nuneatontownfc/teams/98603/coach/lee-fowler-1342165

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 15, 2018, 01:27:19 pm by The Red Baron »
Talking of Nuneaton - their assistant manager is Lee Fowler - piled on the pounds!

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/nuneatontownfc/teams/98603/coach/lee-fowler-1342165

He always seemed a bit chubby in his playing days but now he looks like he could have a decent future in Sumo.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 15, 2018, 01:33:24 pm by GazLaz »

He always seemed a bit chubby in his playing days but now he looks like he could have a decent future in Sumo.

It must be hard for some naturally bigger lads to keep the weight off even though they are training every day. Not all payers are natural athletes are they. Mind you it doesn’t stop Higuain scoring goals does it!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 15, 2018, 09:46:27 pm by Chris Black come back »
Did he miss your handshake, etc etc.

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 15, 2018, 09:59:46 pm by Spilsby Red »
As hard as people get on at people. Irrelevant how bad he was with us, he was a true gent, spoke with me and my son, that makes a difference

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 16, 2018, 07:52:18 am by LincsRover »
I remember at Ross’s first game for rovers I met his parents in the lakeside bar. They were lovely people and always went to watch him in every game. I thought he had a decent future with us and wished him and them all the best. I can only imagine how they felt in his later games when he lost his confidence. I hope he gets a decent job and regains his confidence as he looked a good keeper for a while, and I’d like to think his mum & dad are still going to games and enjoying football.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 16, 2018, 08:34:34 am by idler »
I was stood with them at Accrington. They did seem nice people. It's a shame that it never worked out for him.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 16, 2018, 11:08:30 am by wing commander »
 it shows how quick careers can change doesn't it?? One minute he's a rated goalkeeper in a play off team before securing a move to us and in a short time later he finds himself unable to get a start in the national league,with a beady eye cast on the job centre door...

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 16, 2018, 05:30:59 pm by ravenrover »
For some reason DF must have thought that all the clean sheets that Accrington had in the season prior to signing him were all down to Ross' ability in goal and nothing to do with the other 10 players in front of him

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 16, 2018, 05:58:34 pm by mushRTID »
Etheridge didn’t help himself but Ferguson handled him appallingly.

Dreadful man manager at times.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 16, 2018, 06:06:30 pm by RedJ »

At times? he routinely hung people out to dry and froze them out of the club.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 16, 2018, 06:10:22 pm by mushRTID »

But then others regularly came out and praised him. So, yes...at times.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 16, 2018, 06:36:55 pm by i_ateallthepies »
They would hardly have dared criticise him if they were asked to make public statements now would they?

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 16, 2018, 06:50:00 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Fans didn't help either. I remember some fat shite screaming absolute murder at him at half time at Accrington, Ross looked back at him and genuinely looked like he was going to burst into tears.

Wish him all the best.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 16, 2018, 07:02:52 pm by scawsby steve »
Fans didn't help either. I remember some fat shite screaming absolute murder at him at half time at Accrington, Ross looked back at him and genuinely looked like he was going to burst into tears.

Wish him all the best.

Probably some fat b*stard that's done nothing but eat, drink, sh*t, and w*nk all his life.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 16, 2018, 07:17:46 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »

Wish him all the best.

Probably some fat b*stard that's done nothing but eat, drink, sh*t, and w*nk all his life.

He was. Lad was no older than me at the time (22) and looked out of breath after his tirade.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 16, 2018, 07:38:42 pm by NickDRFC »
It doesn’t justify awful behaviour but every footballer is going to get dogs abuse at some point. If they can’t deal with it then unfortunately they just won’t have the mentality to make it.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on August 16, 2018, 10:45:35 pm by roversdude »
Just shows what part confidence plays - he came back after a shaky start but you could see his confidence was shot and the back line seemed to sense it too
Good luck to him hope he turns it around

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on August 17, 2018, 12:18:03 am by dickos1 »

Not sure he did.
Only players that weren’t in his plans, it’s no different from now and McCullough and Beestin not getting in the squad.
Managers have to make decisions, and etheridge was poor for us

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 17, 2018, 12:34:43 am by Chris Black come back »
Gave Evina an extended contract and within a few months threw him out of the club. Likewise Mitchell Lund.

He was not much cop as a manager as we are now witnessing. We at best trod water last season and more realistically grossly underperformed given players and resources. Treating players like this was potentially a driver. Not good.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 12:36:51 am by Chris Black come back »

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 17, 2018, 10:46:09 am by pib »
I'd say it's very different to McCullough and Beestin being left out of the team now.

I remember DF publicly criticising and making scathing comments about a few of those who he wanted to cast aside. I remember Stuckmann being a particular case, and Mandeville too even though I never rated him much myself. I've not heard of such treatment for Beestin/McCullough from GMc?

McCann (so far) seems to be trying to create an inclusive and positive atmosphere where everyone is treated fairly and given a chance. The players transfer listed in the summer were handled very well as an example - all given a chance to prove themselves, Lund brought back into the fold, and Garratt given a good appraisal in the media to help him find a new club.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 10:49:49 am by pib »

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 17, 2018, 11:13:48 am by MachoMadness »
Fergie's man management was funny. At times he seemed to be brilliant, such as with Marquis who credits Fergie with turning his career round. Look at him now. However his treatment of other players was absolutely shocking, dropping them after one bad performance, slating them in the media, and so on. I do wonder if there were personal disagreements behind the scenes that led to players being frozen out.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 17, 2018, 01:07:02 pm by RoversAlias »
Remember him essentially freezing Butler out in his first season? Butts thankfully turned it round and became a fixture in the side once we were in League 2 but some other players weren't so lucky. Especially Evina and Lund.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on August 17, 2018, 02:03:46 pm by ravenrover »
Remember in the early interviews with dee dah it was always the players fault  after a bad game, usually a loss. Later on it became more collective "we"

TinyPortal © 2005-2012