Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:13:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Burton Albion game  (Read 7713 times)

idler

• VSC Member
Re: Let's talk about the Burton Albion game
« Reply #30 on August 16, 2018, 05:08:07 pm by idler »
.... and hurry up as when I last looked 14.44 there are just 2 Seats left (not together) but hoping its snatch any Seat you fancy !
I bought three stand tickets at about 11:40. I was told you should sit in your allocated seat. That would suit me as my tickets are on the front row.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on August 16, 2018, 05:26:04 pm by silent majority »
.... and hurry up as when I last looked 14.44 there are just 2 Seats left (not together) but hoping its snatch any Seat you fancy !
I bought three stand tickets at about 11:40. I was told you should sit in your allocated seat. That would suit me as my tickets are on the front row.

If it's a sell out of seats then everybody needs to sit in their own seats otherwise arguments will occur.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 16, 2018, 06:00:07 pm by drfchound »

If they are anywhere near the middle it is almost certain that someone will stand in front of you.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on August 16, 2018, 06:04:42 pm by RedJ »

If they are anywhere near the middle it is almost certain that someone will stand in front of you.

I doubt it. I'm pretty sure from memory the away entrance just opens out into either turn left to the seating or right into the terrace and I doubt they'll check the tickets past the turnstile. Anyone wanting to stand will probably go into the terrace - or you'd hope so anyway...

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 16, 2018, 06:08:31 pm by drfchound »
Ah, not been to Burton so I didn't know that.
Thought it might be that your seats were similar to the Hartlepool or Scunny arrangements.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 16, 2018, 06:13:41 pm by RedJ »
The terrace is behind the goal as well so it's even more likely anyone wanting to stand will just stroll into there rather than f**k about in the seating.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on August 17, 2018, 10:44:44 am by selby »
  It looks like we may have close to a full squad to pick from, which is good news.
  It was interesting to read a poster on the Burton forum writing that he thought their squad was better quality than ours, which coming down from the championship may be true if they have kept most of their players from last season.
  They do look to be strong in areas but as we know from experience the goalkeeper can be a mixed bag.
   With another big supporter following it should be a great atmosphere, for what could prove to be our biggest test on the field of play up to press.
  If we have more or less a full fit squad of players, Grant will have some difficult decisions to make, both with the team to start, and the substitutes bench, with most players who have played a part playing well, rather him than me.
   What would be your line up? 
  I hope it is again a great game to watch, and of course we come away with the three points and everyone going has a great time. I am expecting a hard game, but in our current form we are capable of winning.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on August 17, 2018, 12:18:58 pm by Alan Southstand »
We have a run of 3 difficult games in a week, so the squad is going to be tested, no doubt.

Hopefully, we come out the other side with everyone intact. This week could be an indicator for the season.

Fingers crossed!

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 17, 2018, 02:11:34 pm by mushRTID »
Can you pay on the day for terracing or is it seating only pay on the day?

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 17, 2018, 02:32:36 pm by Axholme Lion »

Just go in the home end. They don't have that many fans and I don't think you'd get any bother with them. A quiet bunch.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on August 17, 2018, 02:42:13 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
prediction 63% of the ball for Rovers anybody  we all know how Nigel plays

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on August 17, 2018, 03:02:37 pm by mushRTID »

Just go in the home end. They don't have that many fans and I don't think you'd get any bother with them. A quiet bunch.

Iv got mates going in the away end and I want to stand with them.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on August 17, 2018, 03:44:40 pm by Axholme Lion »

Well if they've sold all the tickets then you can't can you!  :)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on August 17, 2018, 03:46:16 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It's pay on day for standing only..no seating available.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on August 17, 2018, 05:45:51 pm by steve@dcfd »
With 3 games  in a week and GM saying that certain players workload has to be managed then I see him playing tomorrow maybe rested Tuesday and play again next Saturday.
So 10 of the 11 should be shoe ins then who plays in the last place in the front three. Maybe Taylor will start but there is at least four other players for that position all with different attributes some good some not good enough.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 05:48:18 pm by steve@dcfd »

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on August 17, 2018, 05:55:58 pm by mushRTID »
It's pay on day for standing only..no seating available.

Magnificent news

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on August 17, 2018, 06:04:07 pm by scawsby steve »
I've looked on their forum; they expect a tight game, but most of them fancy their chances against us. They seem to think they've got better players than us.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on August 17, 2018, 06:13:27 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It's going to be a good turnout so let's hope the boys can continue the good run. Whatever team he picks, we have players who can influence a game and create chances. Should be an exciting encounter! COYR

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on August 17, 2018, 06:17:40 pm by the vicar »

Well if they've sold all the tickets then you can't can you!  :)
we have sold out not them and £2 increase on the day

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on August 17, 2018, 06:34:35 pm by NickDRFC »
I've looked on their forum; they expect a tight game, but most of them fancy their chances against us. They seem to think they've got better players than us.

Just had a look at their squad and they have some decent players who've had most of their careers in the Championship, especially in defence with Brayford, Buxton & Turner, but not sure we've got too much to fear.

3-1 win YOU REDS

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on August 17, 2018, 07:02:44 pm by godlike1 »

You could say the same about rovers fans when at home. Don’t forget our fan base is not as strong as otherclubs by some way

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on August 18, 2018, 04:03:18 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
prediction 63% of the ball for Rovers anybody  we all know how Nigel plays

half time

Possession
Home 42% Away  58%

lets see what it is at full time

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on August 18, 2018, 07:46:35 pm by selby »
  The big lessons today,
 1) When you are on top in a game you have to take your chances.
 2) It only takes one moment of sloppy control in a dangerous position to give a goal away.
 Today we did both, missed chances that should have been put away especially in the first half, and Whiteman  doing what he is prone to do, and miss controlling the ball, allowing Burton to play the ball in the box, and score.
  I feel we were worth the draw, but faded after they scored, when we took our creative players off, and replaced them with  Blair and Taylor, and May coming on for Wilks.
  I have never been a lover of changing three men in short succession, in fact I don't think I have ever seen it work, and not with inferior players.
  All round we were not bad, but really threw one if not three away, being sloppy in midfield, not taking chances, and substitutes who never got into the game. Lessons we were slow to learn in the last couple of seasons, it will be interesting to see what approach the new management team take to a recurring problem.
  Grant will have learnt more today about his team than in the first three games I think.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on August 18, 2018, 09:09:37 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Sorry selby but I don’t think we were ever on top today, yes we missed two sitters but we were slow in our build up for most of the game and kept pumping the ball up the middle which was food and drink for their defence, McCann stated after the game we were lethargic and deserved to lose, not sure about the last part I thought a draw would have been fair but we did look lethargic.

Paul Simpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on August 18, 2018, 09:47:02 pm by Paul Simpson »
A lot to work on imo. Poor sloppy passing . Not clinical and very slow play . Didn’t rate Burton at all from what we saw either. No composure today .
But we’ll put it down to a bad day at the office and hope for a reaction on Tuesday!! Come on Donny!!! RTID 😀⚽️👍

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on August 18, 2018, 09:48:24 pm by RedJ »
A lot to work on imo. Poor sloppy passing . Not clinical and very slow play . Didn’t rate Burton at all from what we saw either. No composure today .
But we’ll put it down to a bad day at the office and hope for a reaction on Tuesday!! Come on Donny!!! RTID 😀⚽️👍

You are Paul Dickov and I claim my £5.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on August 18, 2018, 10:07:33 pm by scawsby steve »
The major difference for me today was between our main striker and their main striker. John missed an absolute sitter that looked harder to miss than score; Liam Boyce had just one chance for them and buried it.

We were decent in the first half, but fell away badly in the second half.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on August 18, 2018, 10:11:22 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Just seen the highlights on Sky and bad miss by Marquis. Some other chances on another day could go in. Powder puff defending for their goal. One of those that could have gone either way but McCann will be wanting better than that as a standard performance.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on August 18, 2018, 10:59:39 pm by BigH »
Look, we're a work in progress. Not the finished article by any means, although recent results have, perhaps, given people cause to get carried away.

Compared to the DF years I can see better movement off the ball with more space opening up as we move forward, better use of full backs in driving the pace plus Wilks is a real handful (where's Kiwomya btw?).

Today was a bad day at the office for Marquis.

We'll get better; plenty to look forward to IMHO.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on August 19, 2018, 03:37:46 am by scawsby steve »
I thought Herbie Kane was magnificent again today, MOM by a country mile. I've not seen GM's post-match comments, so I've no idea why he brought him off; he certainly didn't look tired or injured, so it must have been purely tactical.

Let's hope today was just a one-off, especially as it was against a very average looking Burton side. At least we've now got 2 home games to try and get back on track again.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012