Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:47:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Anyone on train tomorrow (cancellations)  (Read 1709 times)

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
Anyone on train tomorrow (cancellations)
« on August 17, 2018, 11:01:50 pm by Albert Trousers »
The 10.59 & 11.59 direct to Burton have been cancelled.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

pib

• Forum Member
Re: Anyone on train tomorrow (cancellations)
« Reply #1 on August 17, 2018, 11:49:39 pm by pib »
Rail travel in this country is f*cking useless.

Unreliable, overpriced, and if you manage to get on the damn thing and comfortably seated you can't focus on reading or listening to something because of the barrage of nonsense coming through the PA system about hot & cold refreshments, beers wines and spirits, crisps, chocolate bars, etc etc etc....

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 18, 2018, 05:56:28 am by Donnywolf »
The 10.59 & 11.59 direct to Burton have been cancelled.

Roll on the days when privatisation of the rail network ends.

Went via Northern Rail to Harrogate the other week. Two carriage 'sardine specials' at peak time on a Saturday, boiling hot, jam packed, and delayed. Infact, every train was delayed.

I bet some knobby boss claims a big fat bonus at the end of the year though.

... and their pay and performace wont be related to RPI or whatever other measure they use I bet

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 18, 2018, 07:39:55 am by DearneValleyRover »
It’s all well and good blaming Network Rail or the Operators but in reality it’s been massively underfunded since the 50’s and that’s where the blame lies.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 18, 2018, 08:24:01 am by drfchound »
..........and yet instead of updating and improving what is already there we still see the insistence on introducing the white elephant that is HS2.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 18, 2018, 09:50:18 am by Wiltshire Exile »
Nothing at all to do with the drivers, then, who work a 4-day week, get paid around £65k per year and seem to be consistently on strike? They, or the union leaders, don’t seem to give a stuff about the people who pay their sky high salaries, i.e the passengers and the tax payer.
Only saying!

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 18, 2018, 10:12:35 am by DearneValleyRover »
Nothing at all to do with the drivers, then, who work a 4-day week, get paid around £65k per year and seem to be consistently on strike? They, or the union leaders, don’t seem to give a stuff about the people who pay their sky high salaries, i.e the passengers and the tax payer.
Only saying!

The strikes are to do with the removal of guards off trains not pay, I’m not saying that Train Operators or Network Rail have zero responsibility in the current state of the railways but the severe lack of funding is the prime reason, as to HS2 again a government decision the people in the industry would much prefer the money invested in the current network

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 18, 2018, 10:35:22 am by bobjimwilly »
Only saying!

I'm sure all train drivers are just money grabbing bas**rds who don't want to put in the work and who don't care about their job or their responsibilities.

The national average for train drivers is actually £47k. (The £60k+ figure was for drivers of conductor-less trains for Southern Rail.)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 10:40:44 am by bobjimwilly »

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 18, 2018, 11:24:24 am by bpoolrover »
47k is not bad, might be time for a change of career

TinyPortal © 2005-2012