Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:09:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Trouble after the game today . .  (Read 70853 times)

South-Stand-Drummer

Trouble after the game today . .
« on August 22, 2009, 05:49:17 pm by South-Stand-Drummer »
Just like to say that it was pretty crazy after the game. All the Donny fans charged about 400 Boro fans.

Coins & objects got thrown but luckily, nobody got hurt ( from the Donny side )

Does anybody know why it all kicked off..

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

nightporter

• VSC Member
Re:Trouble after the game today . .
« Reply #1 on August 22, 2009, 05:53:15 pm by nightporter »
All 2000 of them?

Deano

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 22, 2009, 05:55:57 pm by Deano »
It always was going to kick off, both sets of fans were giving it all for most of the game! I'm shocked that it didn't happen sooner. Sad this still happens in football and shocked rovers were involved!

Keith Myath

« Reply #3 on August 22, 2009, 06:31:47 pm by Keith Myath »
Sad to say but we have some 2wats supporting our team, I would have quite happily waded through the scrotes who so call support our team

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 22, 2009, 06:33:53 pm by hoolahoop »
Keith Myath wrote:
Sad to say but we have some 2wats supporting our team, I would have quite happily waded through the scrotes who so call support our team

Unlike our fans , why has this kicked off ?

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 22, 2009, 06:58:55 pm by DaveDRFC »
There was quite a lot of confrontation during the first half, seemed to be quite a lot of aggressive Boro fans in the corner closest to us ('Neolithic Man Stand' I think it was). One young Rovers fan got thrown out by what looked like pretty heavy handed stewarding. At one point after about half an hour it seemed more people were watching the fans than the game!

Did not see what happened after the game as I left early, due to having to be in Sheffield at 7pm to start my night shift! So I can't say what went on, but have to say I am not surprised something did. Some fans were getting pretty heated during the game.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 22, 2009, 07:00:29 pm by German Rover »
two dicks in suits trying to wind everyone in boro stand up, one and his frankly retarded looking friend got thrown out after being warned and then some more knob heads decided this was the excuse they needed to try and get at the home fans, the only difference was these were fully grown men, sorry fellas but if you want to fight do it away from the ground so rovers don't end up in bother

Don't know what happened after the game as i was on the bridge but the police horses went steaming in so must have been hairy down there

thornabyred

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 22, 2009, 07:09:06 pm by thornabyred »
Just heard about this on the boro board. Never saw anything myself although I am at the other end of ground but all was peacefull walking down to the station.

Looks like the Red Faction lot in the SE corner were winding the Donny fans up and vice versa then with the coaches parked outside the ground meant that all the Donny fans were milling around and Boro fans had to walk through them to get to the subways and train station.
It was a no Police game inside the stadium, something we have done a few times and normally no problems.

Hope no one got hurt and it doesnt kick off for the return game, luckily its a night game so may not attract our loony brigade.

Redandwhitewhizards

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 22, 2009, 07:19:09 pm by Redandwhitewhizards »
We saw an old man being dragged out by stewards etc towards the stadium wall, he looked pretty shook up.

Its pathetic that grown men who can't hold their booze have to behave like that, if they wanna kick the shit out of each other they should do it away from vunerable people.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 22, 2009, 07:21:33 pm by MrFrost »
Talking to a few of our fans after the game who were towards the Boro fans. Apparently a bottle of urine was thrown from the Boro \"fans\" and it ended up all over a young kid. That apparently then sparked everything else.

If this is true then im not surprised it kicked off.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 22, 2009, 07:25:46 pm by German Rover »
i was sat near the boro fans and saw nothing like that so would have to say that is total b*llocks

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 22, 2009, 07:28:50 pm by MrFrost »
Something must have flared it. It is unlike our fans.

Bikka

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 22, 2009, 07:31:55 pm by Bikka »
Have to say I'm so pleased I was not at the game, this is an absolute disgrace by both sets of 'so called' supporters.

thornabyred

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 22, 2009, 07:34:27 pm by thornabyred »
I know a lad who is a steward at that end so trying to get hold of him for his side of the story.

Fans going to train station and on the train all mixing and having a laugh as it should be.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 22, 2009, 07:38:43 pm by German Rover »
MrFrost wrote:
Something must have flared it. It is unlike our fans.

Why can't people just be arseholes these days, they went looking for trouble and found it the problem comes that it reflects badly on all fans of both teams

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 22, 2009, 07:42:13 pm by hoolahoop »
German Rover wrote:
i was sat near the boro fans and saw nothing like that so would have to say that is total b*llocks

German with respect , because you didn't see that particular 'alleged' event ...it doesn't mean it didn't happen.
This is so unlike our fans , there had to be some cause to create that effect surely ?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 22, 2009, 07:47:30 pm by mushRTID »
When I left the stadium there was a large gathering and lots of shouting. Blokes were shouting 'DDR' (I think) and then it just kicked off, no police in sight - a hooligans dream I would imagine.

A lot of the Boro fans in that corner seemed like kids, athough I do remember the bloke in the blue henry lloyd t shirt and hat who I must admit was acting like the biggest moron i have ever seen.

Oh and plenty of people with their phones out filming so I would imagine Youtube will have some interstings additions over the weekend.

Redandwhitewhizards

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 22, 2009, 07:48:56 pm by Redandwhitewhizards »
hoolahoop wrote:
German Rover wrote:

German with respect , because you didn't see that particular 'alleged' event ...it doesn't mean it didn't happen.
This is so unlike our fans , there had to be some cause to create that effect surely ?

As a regular away fan, I didn't recognise most of those who were causing trouble after the game by the coaches, they certainly weren't shirters, and I would be surprised if they were fans, rather than people who'd gone up looking for trouble.

It isn't like our fans, but it is like people who just latch on looking for trouble.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 22, 2009, 07:51:45 pm by MrFrost »
Must say I was surprised at the lack of Police presence both inside and outside the ground. Surely for a 20k crowd there should have been more of them.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 22, 2009, 07:56:24 pm by German Rover »
would have been a low risk game due to our good recent record and middlesbroughs relativly recent record, apparantly boro try to have police free games in the stadium and today was one of those games

thornabyred

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 22, 2009, 07:57:46 pm by thornabyred »
Dont have police at Boro for some games, keep the expenses down.
Stewards are supposed to be trained to handle most problems in the ground, police look after the outside.
Did it a few times in the prem and no bother.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on August 22, 2009, 07:59:23 pm by hoolahoop »
German Rover wrote:
would have been a low risk game due to our good recent record and middlesbroughs relativly recent record, apparantly boro try to have police free games in the stadium and today was one of those games

Hmmmmmmm I suspect that we will have to endure 'heavily policed' games from now on , thanks to the moronic element.  :(  :(

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on August 22, 2009, 08:07:13 pm by bobjimwilly »
Was at the end near the boro fans. Started off as good banter then a minority or rovers fan lets us dow tbh and started acting like right idiots and rightly got kicked out (in the end). Stewards were slow to react, and the lack of police presence after the game was pretty shocking, hence the trouble being allowed to escalate (right spelling?  :huh:  ). Boro fans were fine IMO during the game, just giving the usual banter, which was to be expected. I hope the minority haven't tarnished our good repuatation  :blush:

muff licker

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 22, 2009, 08:08:18 pm by muff licker »
Keith Myath wrote:

Keith thats a bold statement to say the least, and for the record if you want to/fancy your chances, then PLEASE wade through me.....it boils down to the fact that the 'boro stewards were complete tools and took it upon themselves to try and eject a young lad for f**k all. Football is about the game and banter, and thats what was happening, we got f- all from the ground staff(stewards/security) and it was inevitable what was going to happen, i take it when it did go off you didnt fancy 'wading' through people then......you joke.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 22, 2009, 08:11:42 pm by NickDRFC »
Me and my friend were pretty much the last people to leave the stadium; by the time we got out there was a gathering of Boro and Rovers fans shouting and chanting at each other, separated by a fence and a few stewards. It seemed to be the usual \"come on then\" from a distance, but there were a couple of Rovers fans with blood on their faces who looked as though they'd been struck by a coin. A couple of police on horses showed up and dispersed the fans - wouldn't say it was crazy by any means, more just a few fans mouthing off. That said, I was sat behind the goal to the left and missed practically all that went on during the game.

muff licker

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 22, 2009, 08:12:22 pm by muff licker »
German Rover wrote:

So because YOU never saw it, then it was b*llocks....i never saw it but i could still believe it, the town is full of young chav wannabee's and this would fit in with what i saw during the afternoon.

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on August 22, 2009, 08:13:22 pm by Rios »
I managed to walk pretty much right through the middle of it just as it was kicking off outside the ground.  It certainly made me jump, it's been a while since I'd heard that particular noise at a Rovers game that only seems to happen when lads are about to kick off.

One guy, think he was from Boro was totally spark out in the middle of it with other Boro fans trying to protect him as he was still taking kicks whilst down.  Didn't recognise the two \"Donny\" lads who were wading in at the front and I know most of our faces.

Seems stranges on Boros part to give us the section of the away end up against this lot rather than the other section which was left unsold and where I got used to seeing the Premiership teams in.  I'm presuming it was Boro that wanted the tickets selling in that order, rather than us doing it that way!

ridgewoodrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on August 22, 2009, 08:14:01 pm by ridgewoodrover »
I saw it all had a decent view as I was looking through window on my coach, bloody turds the lot of em!

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 22, 2009, 08:17:50 pm by German Rover »
muff licker wrote:
Keith Myath wrote:

Keith thats a bold statement to say the least, and for the record if you want to/fancy your chances, then PLEASE wade through me.....it boils down to the fact that the 'boro stewards were complete tools and took it upon themselves to try and eject a young lad for fcuk all. Football is about the game and banter, and thats what was happening, we got f- all from the ground staff(stewards/security) and it was inevitable what was going to happen, i take it when it did go off you didnt fancy 'wading' through people then......you joke.

Sorry to disagree simon but thr kid had already been warned about his behaviour just like his mate in the other suit had, and continued to act like a knobhead running about and dancing in front of the boro fans, he deserved to go. The stewards were heavy handed dragging him backwards by the throat, but his mate in the away shirt and baseball cap was swinging at stewards landing a couple so that won't help his mate in the slightest.

Best question is what the f**k were they doing in suits anyway

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on August 22, 2009, 08:20:26 pm by jucyberry »
Rios wrote:

One guy, think he was from Boro was totally spark out in the middle of it with other Boro fans trying to protect him as he was still taking kicks whilst down.  Didn't recognise the two \"Donny\" lads who were wading in at the front and I know most of our faces.

Who ever they were, be it Donny  or Boro I hope they were caught, to kick someone when he is down and to keep kicking is disgusting, barbaric and I hope the book is thrown at them.. Mindless thuggery has no excuse.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012