Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:00:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: FAQ  (Read 10090 times)

admin

FAQ
« on May 04, 2009, 04:24:20 pm by admin »
Who are the forum moderators?
The moderators are listed at the top of each topic list

Can I use HTML?
No, html is not allowed, but you can use bbcode.

How do I embed an email address?
There is no need to do anything special.  Just type the email address and the forum turns it into a clickable link for you.

How do I embed YouTube into my posts?
Just copy and paste the URL, its that simple. No need to use any tags, just type in the URL.

How do I send a PM
Hover your mouse over My Messages on the menu until the options drop down, then select  Send a Message

How can I see the latest posts?
If you click the Show Unread option on your User panel all unread messages will be listed for you.

How do I get a "VSC MEMBER" logo on my posts?
All you have to do is make sure you are a paid up member of the VSC. To join the VSC, click on Join the VSC! on the menu bar. Once you have joined, please email chairman@drfc-vsc.co.uk or PM a moderator who will update your profile. 

If you are already a paid up member of the VSC and do not see the logos, please email website@drfc-vsc.co.uk or PM a moderator to have the badge activated.  Remember, the funds raised by the VSC go directly to help the club, so it's well worth joining.

How do I link an image
If the image is already on the web, you can use the IMG tags to surround the image's web address, exactly the same as we did on the old VSC forum.  If the image is on your local PC (or even phone) you can use the Attachments and other options feature (under the area where you type your message) and the image will be automatically uploaded and linked for you.

How do i get an avatar?
Hover your mouse over the Profile menu, then select Forum Profile to access your profile customisation options.

How can I turn off the swear filter
Click on the Forum Layout options link in the Shortcuts panel on the left of any Forum page, and place a tick in the Leave words uncensored option.

How can I ignore certain users?
Click on the Buddies/Ignored Users List link in the Shortcuts panel to the left, then add the names of the users you would like to ignore to the list.  Any posts they make will then be hidden, but you will get an option to open them individually.

Can I have a signature?
Sorry, no. 
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 12:24:27 am by RobTheRover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012