Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 06:11:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: DISGUSTED  (Read 20211 times)

irishcontingent

• Forum Member
Re:DISGUSTED
« Reply #60 on February 08, 2010, 12:00:27 pm by irishcontingent »
Say what you like about folk leaving early, say what you like about the teams performance, say what you like about individual players, say what you like about management and style of play. Every one of us is an individual with their own ideas about all the above.

I have left BV and Keepmoat a few times early over the years, and one of the main reasons for that has nothing to do with match score at the time.

I go to a football match and pay the required entrance fee to be entertained, i go there to be excited by the play. The score at any given time has little bearing on when i leave, but performance does. I would not for one second chastise anyone who left early on saturday evening, the performance was not that bad, but jeez apart from the final minutes where the hell was anything remotely exciting.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on February 08, 2010, 01:33:28 pm by Albert Trousers »
People can do what they want as far as I'm concered, a fella I work with parks in the stadium car park and always leaves 10 minutes before the end as if he stays to the end it adds 1 hour to his journey home,he's been watching the Rovers since about the 50's which renders certain peoples opinions of fans leaving early as utter shite. I occasionally have to leave early to get to work on time,I'd like TWD and the others to question my support when I do leave early,i'd happily clock on a few minutes late and risk a bollocking to discuss it with them. These people would look the other way though,then race home and complain via there keyboards.

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on February 08, 2010, 01:45:22 pm by Surrey Rover »
Left early against Middlesboro', not because of the score but to make sure I didn't miss the last train back to London at 22:03. Got into bed at 02:30am. Ditto the Sheff Wednesday game in December.

Too many jump to conclusions without knowing the facts.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on February 08, 2010, 01:48:25 pm by Filo »
Surrey Rover wrote:
Left early against Middlesboro', not because of the score but to make sure I didn't miss the last train back to London at 22:03. Got into bed at 02:30am. Ditto the Sheff Wednesday game in December.

Too many jump to conclusions without knowing the facts.

Thats no excuse the A1 is only down the road, you could hitch hike it  :laugh:

hatfield red

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on February 08, 2010, 01:51:43 pm by hatfield red »
Aye, I only work at scunny I go on tues and friday nights games but if i am on nights I have to leave at 9;15 as much as I love my team I am not going to lose my job for a game of footy

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on February 08, 2010, 02:20:16 pm by dumbroofer »
hatfield red shame on you, you part timer lol

Townender

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on February 08, 2010, 02:32:12 pm by Townender »
Absolutely ridiculous when Guy came on to a load of boo's, he may not have done it in the past (a part from getting us 4 points out of 6 first two games last year) but surely when he does get a chance we have to support him. Then at full time whistle judge him on the performance!

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on February 08, 2010, 03:56:33 pm by SkellowRover »
ian1980 wrote:

SkellowRover wrote:
To all those fickle cnuts who walked out when boro got their 3rd and reading their 2nd.....

FCUK OFF WE DON'T NEED YOUR SO CALLED SUPPORT!!!!!!

Well that is just great to hear. I am sure with all the hard work JR and the club put into selling more season tickets and growing the fan base, he will be really pleased to hear you telling existing fans to ‘fcuk OFF’

What gives you the right to say who should and shouldn’t attend games?
What gives you the right to criticise when people decide to leave the ground?

People pay their money and can turn up or leave as they please.

People who leave due to work, travelling & Kids etc are fine in my book, i've been known to leave BV early when my kids were younger if they we're cold etc, but i've NEVER left because we have been bad or losing. What pisses me off are those that leave because we're losing and walk down the stairs shouting \"we're s*it and i will leave when i fcuking want because we're s*it\", now they can fcuk off and never come back imo. They should stick to watching Man Ure because it's obvious they're not used to losing and are only interested in being glory supporters while we're winning and this club deserve better for what they have achieved instead of fickle prats.

Theresonly1barrowrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on February 08, 2010, 04:43:42 pm by Theresonly1barrowrover »
\\footy fans have always been fickle and always will be. In my 40+ years of following the rovers I can`t ever remember leaving early, and I have seen some bad defeats believe me, but perhaps I fall in to the too dumb to quit catagory. I suffered till the final whistle at the Middlesboro game although I had a 160 mile drive back to Cumbria to look forward to. The fans in Barrow are no different, I was 1 of over 7000 that went to the FA cup game away to Sunderland just a few weeks ago, on Saturday the crowd at Holker St was well under 2000 with 300 of those coming from Luton. So where do all the missing fans go? back to watching the Premier League on SKY I guess.

Mr Croft

« Reply #69 on February 08, 2010, 05:14:00 pm by Mr Croft »
ian1980 wrote:
Thinwhiteduke wrote:
ian1980 wrote:
a very cold tea time game when we were poor again. I am not gunna sit there in the bitter cold with my young children watching crap.

So I am really sorry how my actions make the club look, but quite frankly I don't give a shit.

Aaahh! The definition of a fairweather fan.

Why dont you turn your attention to a summer sport, like Cricket instead? Then atleast you and your kiddies can be nice and warm eh?

Or maybe its the fact we wasnt winning that meant you decided to remove your support for the Club/ Team? In that case, I could suggest you could support one of those big Prem Teams - such as Man Utd, Chelsea or Arsenal, they win the vast majority of their games, so you should be much happier...and therefore not leave with a quarter of the proceedings left.

Fairweather fan?? - I turned up on the day mate, bearing in mind we didn’t even get 9k through the gate, might be better to aim that at people who didn’t even bother to go at all. Where were the other c2k people??

SkellowRover wrote:
To all those fickle cnuts who walked out when boro got their 3rd and reading their 2nd.....

FCUK OFF WE DON'T NEED YOUR SO CALLED SUPPORT!!!!!!

Well that is just great to hear. I am sure with all the hard work JR and the club put into selling more season tickets and growing the fan base, he will be really pleased to hear you telling existing fans to ‘fcuk OFF’

What gives you the right to say who should and shouldn’t attend games?
What gives you the right to criticise when people decide to leave the ground?

People pay their money and can turn up or leave as they please.

en aitch wrote:
You do what you want and as long as you pay your money you can leave when you want.

Exactly, people pay their money just like everyone else and can leave whenever they feel like it. Some people on here seem to think they have a right to tell other supporters how they should and should behave etc. when you don’t, you’re just a supporter like everyone else who spends money (a lot or a little) on the club.

Fal wrote:
ian1980 wrote:
It doesn't look good when fans leave very early in the game,

It also doesn't look good when you're on a rovers forum with a Manchester United badge as your avatar...

Made yourself look a bit stupid there flower. As the post below yours says, try looking a bit closer before engaging your mouth/typing.

WSBBA_Joe wrote:

When will people realise we only have 3,000 true fans, and they are who will stop, always get the glory fans who leave, we still a small club in the Championship!
RTID!

How does the fact that you stay until the final whistle make you a TRUE fan and someone who chooses to leave early a GLORY fan, as you put it. They paid the same money as everyone else in that stadium and if they decide to leave early, that’s their choice.

Lord Farquaad wrote:

Yes I wish we could get back to the days when we had less than a thousand fans at home games. At least they stayed until the end of each game and never booed anyone. Die hard, that's what they were, you should see the size of their tattoos - almost as big as as there miserable, whingeing gobs.

To be honest, it is you real, proper, true, loyal, all weather, die hard fans who can't bear the thought that some people choose to do things differently, who are beginning to get right up my bell end (not, in this case, for sexual gratification).

Ask John Ryan if he would rather have a thousand Martyrs going to games purely for mortification purposes, or ten thousand supporters on different levels.

Just who the fcuk do you think you are?

Rovers Till I Sigh

Well said mate. Might be an idea for those fans who think they are better than everyone else to shut the fcuk up.

You have no right telling people when they can and cannot leave.
You have no right telling people they should sing, chant or sit quietly.
You have no right to tell people not to turn up

Everyone has the right to make those choice’s themselves..

You are most certainly correct there, I do not have the right to say such things, however, I can interpret what it implies to those of us that find it offensive. Just have no Englishman has the right to judge our immigration system, but we can still moan that they take all our jobs, and that is what this is, us moaning about our support.

You look up and somehow manage to make out the scoreboard reading 1-4, you look around at all the empty seats and the boro fans taunting you, You think times are really bad. You then close your eyes and see the Colchester game in 98 coming to an end, you then see Ian Durdens lob, Whitmans equaliser, Tierneys goalden Goal, Blundells brace at Mansfield, Thorntons goal against villa, McIndoe stunning the gunners, Lee heading home the JPT, Brian stock striking the free kick at Elland Road, Coppinger sealing his hatrick, Hayters header at wembley. You then see Wellens silencing the Sky blues, before Heff'n'hayter seal our safety at Plymouth. You look back on the pitch and although your team is down 4-1 you manage a smile, because those bas**rds walking out thinks times are bad, you think, ney, you know, They could be a lot worse;

(8)...I know I am,
I'm Sure I am,
IM ROVERS TILL I DIE...

vikingwill

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on February 08, 2010, 07:27:34 pm by vikingwill »
Whether people leave early or not I think is up to them.
The only thing that I don't think is good is when people will boo our own players.
After all they are playing in a rovers shirt ar'nt they?

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on February 08, 2010, 09:29:46 pm by CusworthRovers »
Lord Farquaad wrote:
Yes I wish we could get back to the days when we had less than a thousand fans at home games. At least they stayed until the end of each game and never booed anyone. Die hard, that's what they were, you should see the size of their tattoos - almost as big as as there miserable, whingeing gobs.

To be honest, it is you real, proper, true, loyal, all weather, die hard fans who can't bear the thought that some people choose to do things differently, who are beginning to get right up my bell end (not, in this case, for sexual gratification).

Ask John Ryan if he would rather have a thousand Martyrs going to games purely for mortification purposes, or ten thousand supporters on different levels.

Just who the fcuk do you think you are?

Rovers Till I Sigh

That's a pretty quality post my Lord. After all, without all these new fans (whatever age, size, background, ex fan of another team or whatever) we would not be where we are now......and without the new fans staying and more coming in, then there is only one way we can go as a club.

It's probs worth a few of the (how you describe) gobshites remembering this before they rip into the the new fans for leaving early, not buying ST's, not going to away games, not being there back in the day ie at John O' Groats United v Rovers in a midweek away game in 8 foot of snow, having set off 3 weeks before and killed animals to eat on route.

Let's always remember the old days, but let's not forget the new breed that we need. Of course we could go back to L2 or Conference days....but I've got used to recent times under JR with DP and SOD and given the choice would always choose this style of Rovers.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012