Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 05:53:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: SKY  (Read 5719 times)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
SKY
« on February 06, 2010, 10:32:13 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Apart from the points raised what was the commentors thoughts? Who were the guests ? What were their take on the game?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
Re:SKY
« Reply #1 on February 07, 2010, 12:44:56 am by Barmby Rover »
They were only there to watch Reading, and made that fairly obvious. Not a very good coverage by SKY, but then they never wanted to come to the Keepmoat anyway.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 07, 2010, 01:15:17 pm by mushRTID »
Its about time they put us an away game on too, then we might not get another attendance like that.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 07, 2010, 01:49:04 pm by Barmby Rover »
I wouldn't hold your breath. I think it is fairly safe to say that we will not be on again, unless they have it contracted in to do more.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 07, 2010, 05:07:33 pm by MrFrost »
I emailed sky earlier this season about our coverage an was told we ha the lowest viewing figures on our live games last season which is why other teams have had more coverage. There is no demand for our games on sky.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 07, 2010, 05:11:56 pm by Wellred »
Barmby Rover wrote:
They were only there to watch Reading, and made that fairly obvious. Not a very good coverage by SKY, but then they never wanted to come to the Keepmoat anyway.

I suggest you take the blinkers off and watch it.
They were actually very complimentary towards us and rightly made the point that we play very good passing football but don't have a plan B.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 07, 2010, 05:39:56 pm by donnievic »
What was weird about it was thought we actually played better having seen it on tv when i got home than watching it live at the time

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 07, 2010, 05:41:47 pm by 5minstogo »
MrFrost wrote:
I emailed sky earlier this season about our coverage an was told we ha the lowest viewing figures on our live games last season which is why other teams have had more coverage. There is no demand for our games on sky.

There isn't a huge demand for our games at the Keepmoat  :(

Ladyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 07, 2010, 06:00:46 pm by Ladyrover »
I felt the same way, too. I wasn't too impressed by Martis at the game, thought he was too laid back for my liking, but watching the telly ,he didn't do too much wrong apart from not stopping Howard crossing for the goal in the 1st half.

shededd

« Reply #9 on February 07, 2010, 06:45:47 pm by shededd »
Anyone notice the commentators just watched.They had obviously not done there homework and did not know the players names.

LuckyGirl

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 07, 2010, 11:26:52 pm by LuckyGirl »
shededd wrote:
Anyone notice the commentators just watched.They had obviously not done there homework and did not know the players names.

I'm pleased somebody else noticed it. I felt that it was about Reading rathjer than Rovers all the way through. It must have hurt to actually have to acknowledge the skill and effort put in by the team.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012