Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:40:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tragic loss of life at premier league match  (Read 4245 times)

danrover82

• Forum Member
Tragic loss of life at premier league match
« on February 07, 2010, 10:37:16 am by danrover82 »
Although not Rovers related, this is a very sad situation for any fan, It appears two fans of the same team got invovled in a incident that cost one his life.

http://www.stokecityfc.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10310~1957578,00.html

My thoughts go out the the young mans family, and it really brings home the important things in life.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

kyle17balby

Re:Tragic loss of life at premier league match
« Reply #1 on February 07, 2010, 12:50:16 pm by kyle17balby »
and all our fans can f**king moan about is lewis guy getting subbed...! really does hit it home :(

Must have got into a fight because it said summat about a 25 yearold bloke getting arested ?

BRMC_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 07, 2010, 01:04:04 pm by BRMC_rover »
Two Blackburn fans in the away end. One threw a bin. (25yr old) Bin hit the man who has died knocking him unconcious. He died about 2am this morning. My thoughts are with his family.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 07, 2010, 06:47:24 pm by mushRTID »
Found this on a website;

If anyone saw the news of a man in a critical condition in our away end at the game today, he didn't collapse or die of old age or anything. From half time on in that concourse at Stoke there was essentially a riot, a huge fight between our own fans.

Anyone who has been to Stoke knows how small the concourse is down there, and with hundreds crammed in there at half time, with the bar shut and the team shit, tempers were a bit frayed to begin with.

No idea how it started, don't really want to know to be honest. First it was just bottles and anything anyone could find being thrown around, with people trying to get back to seats but hardly being able to move.

Then.. well, some utter moron, who I hope is found, took one of the big metal bins and simply started throwing it.

The man in a critcal conidtion was hit in the head with it. He was pretty much dead on the ground, they've brought him round in hospital, just about.

We were kept on the ground, and they ended up letting us off via the pitch.

Apparently, it would seem this is what happens when us and Burnley get in the same division. Its sickening. Our away attendances, and trouble away from home, have both gone up this year, coming to the fore front today. Why? Becuase these idiots just want Burnley tickets to go and do the same there.

I honestly can't see myself travelling away with Blackburn again, having been able to count on one hand the games ive missed over the last few years.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012