Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:15:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Booing  (Read 4664 times)

danrover82

• Forum Member
Booing
« on February 07, 2010, 10:42:59 am by danrover82 »
I'm not sure if this has been covered but I was dissapointed at the booing at the substitution of Lewis Guy. Love him, hate him, take him or leave him. He is a Rovers player in a Rovers shirt that our very own SOD placed faith in. The same SOD we were all glad to see staying.  

It was hard to say whether it was the face Deano was subbed off (which was frustrating as even in a bad game he can find a spark) or or more than likely his replacement. The fact is he is a Rovers player and we shouldn't boo any individual player.  Lewis is a confidence player at the best of times and this isn't going to help is it. So can we just lay off the Guy (no pun intended) and remember in SOD we trust.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
Re:Booing
« Reply #1 on February 07, 2010, 11:16:10 am by Branton Rover »
Deano was carrying a knock to the ankle going into the game & we've got massive games coming up.  The people who booed Lewis are morons while ever he's wearing the hoops we should get behind the lad

TheRev

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 07, 2010, 05:12:08 pm by TheRev »
I never knew this topic had been discussed...............
It's as boring as \"supporters leaving early\" and oh what's the other one umm.......
\"the booing of Lewis Guy\"

Let's talk about something else for chuff sake; move on please and let's discuss some positives out of yesterday like........

Sully's performance...
Chambers' game...
Roberts - nearly a 3rd goal this season...

Come on it's got to be better?

danrover82

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 07, 2010, 08:17:13 pm by danrover82 »
talking about the positives if far better, but when people go on about getting new fans involved and bums on seats it doesn't look good if we are booing one of our own  or look good for Rovers in gereral on tv does it?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 07, 2010, 08:49:11 pm by RoversAlias »
Rev-yes it's better to talk about positive aspects but this needs addressing. Anyone who will boo one of our own players is a moron, plain and simple. Lewis Guy doesn't deserve that, he's a Rovers player and he tries his best, even if his best isn't good enough. I don't rate him at all but I'll do nothin but encourage him when he comes on. Shiels was toss yesterday anyway.

And Rigo, isn't Fairhurst still injured? I'd get him in the team if he isn't, but I thought the only reason he wasn't featuring was due to injury!

danrover82

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 07, 2010, 08:52:36 pm by danrover82 »
i thought Fairhurst was still injured. Feb is a busy month and if sheils came off to protect him then in SOD we trust. Sheils was below par i thought but he will always find that spark to get something.

TheRev

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 07, 2010, 10:11:50 pm by TheRev »
RoversAlias wrote:
Rev-yes it's better to talk about positive aspects but this needs addressing. Anyone who will boo one of our own players is a moron, plain and simple. Lewis Guy doesn't deserve that, he's a Rovers player and he tries his best, even if his best isn't good enough. I don't rate him at all but I'll do nothin but encourage him when he comes on. Shiels was toss yesterday anyway.

And Rigo, isn't Fairhurst still injured? I'd get him in the team if he isn't, but I thought the only reason he wasn't featuring was due to injury!

My point was that every other thread on here has been about booing Lewis and fans leaving early. It wears so thin as times.
Unfortunately, no matter how much it is discussed on here nothing will change. The paying public will leave when they feel the need to and a section of fans will always boo an individual. It happened at Belle Vue and it's continued here.

Oh for the \"ignore\" button we used to have.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 07, 2010, 10:35:33 pm by phil old leake »
Wade Fairhurst was great when he actually played. Got the chance and scored twice. Then he is never seen agin. Sent off on loan where he continued to score before being injured.
Lets hope once he is fit he gets his chance again. At this moment apart from Billy Sharp I think he would be the next best option

TinyPortal © 2005-2012