Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:23:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: heffernen  (Read 11929 times)

DannyRovers

• Forum Member
Re:heffernen
« Reply #30 on February 08, 2010, 04:48:03 pm by DannyRovers »
good choice.... would like to see him with us

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on February 08, 2010, 04:52:58 pm by Chris »
If what I hear is true, it is very possible too.

DannyRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 08, 2010, 04:56:38 pm by DannyRovers »
I hope what you hear is true. if its got as much truth behind it as what shaun from thorne said then he's ours :) please do be true :)

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on February 08, 2010, 05:00:54 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
shaun from thorne wrote:
To bristol next week

Chris wrote:
Which Bristol?
Sources?
Bullshit?

Chris wrote:
If what I hear is true, it is very possible too.

I think I'll wait for definitive confirmation on Parkin from 'shaun from thorne'.

Go on then. What do you know?

Sources?
Bullshit?  

;)

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on February 08, 2010, 05:17:28 pm by Chris »
It's just wishful thinking from myself if I am being honest.

I know a couple of Preston fans who say that Darren Ferguson will slowly get rid of the players who don't suit his style to bring in his own. Parkin doesn't exactly fit in with the type of player that has played under Ferguson in the past. Rumours are also circulating that a few players at Preston are looking to leave either now or in the summer and Parkin's name came up as one of them (Ross Wallace was also an interesting one).

We also know that Sean O'Driscoll has enquired about bringing Parkin on loan in the past prior to him breaking into the first team at Preston last season. Maybe he's been keeping tabs on him as a long term target as he did with Martis and Kilkenny.

Preston's midfield was apparently \"disgraceful\" in the recent games hence two recent signings. They may look to bring in Woods again (left footed player should Wallace leave on loan, as he is rumoured to be doing so) which although we don't want to lose, may see a deal with Parkin coming this way? We know that we are missing a physical presence and he certainly fits the bill.

As SOD would say, it's me putting 2 and 2 together and more than likely coming up with 5. I'm not claiming to be in the know at all.

DannyRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on February 08, 2010, 05:20:27 pm by DannyRovers »
I just hope a big physical striker does come in as i feel that is what we are really missing.

Boycie

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on February 08, 2010, 05:26:42 pm by Boycie »
Parkin? Big lump of cake.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on February 08, 2010, 05:33:35 pm by Barmby Rover »
If Heffs can't run all over the field tackling and acting as a midfielder what chance has Parkin got? Not fit enough to play for Rovers. Just think of the scenario now though, Billy gets a knock and is out for three or four weeks, we have got rid of our best other striker. The same applies when Billy goes to find better money than we pay at the end of the season (a definite possibility) what happens then? Lewis had better start scoring!

DannyRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on February 08, 2010, 05:45:55 pm by DannyRovers »
Barmby Rover wrote:
If Heffs can't run all over the field tackling and acting as a midfielder what chance has Parkin got? Not fit enough to play for Rovers. Just think of the scenario now though, Billy gets a knock and is out for three or four weeks, we have got rid of our best other striker. The same applies when Billy goes to find better money than we pay at the end of the season (a definite possibility) what happens then? Lewis had better start scoring!

I'm sure SOD will have a long list of targets for the summer and hopefully loans for now. It will definately be needed as i cant see us giving heffs a new contract. so that leaves hayter, waide and guy. Hayter is a good squad player at this level, waide needs a few years to develop and guy does not seem to be up to this level.

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on February 08, 2010, 08:12:03 pm by rtid88 »
Fairhurst needs a few years to develop?? He is 20 years old! I mean I know that is not exactly old but Billy Sharp was banging 20+ goals away for Scunthorpe at that age! I really like Waide and I wish he was given more of a chance for us as I have said before. The lad scores 2 in 2 and then gets sent out on loan! I will never ever understand that! Lets hope that when he is fit again he can be brought back into the team!

As for Heffernan, sorry but he clearly does not want to be here anymore and he will never fit into SODs way of playing and I do believe Hayter is a much better player then him!

Lets hope him going out really is a sign that we are to bring a tall striker in!

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on February 08, 2010, 09:04:01 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
Just had a look on the Bristol Rovers forum and they are talking about getting Ishmael Miller from West Brom on loan.

He could do a job for us surely. Built like a brick sh*t house and a decent scoring record too.

irishcontingent

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on February 09, 2010, 09:09:22 am by irishcontingent »
Well done Shaun. Info correct.

muff licker

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on February 09, 2010, 09:59:56 am by muff licker »
Snods Shinpad wrote:
Just had a look on the Bristol Rovers forum and they are talking about getting Ishmael Miller from West Brom on loan.

He could do a job for us surely. Built like a brick sh*t house and a decent scoring record too.

Millers now injured and out for 4 weeks, so WBA are getting Nouble in from WHU, couldn't see Miller going to Bristol Rovers even if he was fit, the lad is a quality player and as you say is a man mountain. For me if SOD is after a 'tagetman' then i'd plump for Sam Vokes at Wolves, ideal foil for Billy and seems not living upto expectaions at Wolves and maybe a move would help his confidence.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012