Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:22:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Midfield,Fitness and Coppinger and Chambers  (Read 4127 times)

wing commander

• Forum Member
Midfield,Fitness and Coppinger and Chambers
« on February 08, 2010, 09:31:05 am by wing commander »
The midfield cost us the game Saturday,we had 5 across the middle and yet not one of them managed to support sharp in any way or form.Everytime there was a break, Sharp would tear off after it,the midfielders would all look at each other deciding which one would go with him and by the time they had done that Sharp had been forced out wide to cross into a empty box.Its about time SOD actually gave some of the m/f instructions to folow rather than this liquid free floating thing we do.

Secondely fitness,we looked knackered very early.We dont have anyone who you could say is a box to box man.And our fixture schedule has been pretty light.We have 3 yes 3 full time sports scientists at the club to ensure diet and fitness is at a premium.One would have to question there effect judgeing by the amount of last minute goals and Saturdays energy levels.

Finally 2 quick points,im a big fan of Chambers but how he got mom and star player on Sheff i dnt know thought it was one of his poorer games,and Mr Coppinger stop bloody moaning and waving your arms about and concentrate on the game,he missed 2 quick ball because he was to busy moaning at someone,its not as if his game is anywhere near strong enough to moan at others....Apart from that were coasting :lol:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

5minstogo

• Forum Member
Re:Midfield,Fitness and Coppinger and Chambers
« Reply #1 on February 08, 2010, 10:30:53 am by 5minstogo »
wing commander wrote:
The midfield cost us the game Saturday,we had 5 across the middle and yet not one of them managed to support sharp in any way or form.Everytime there was a break, Sharp would tear off after it,the midfielders would all look at each other deciding which one would go with him and by the time they had done that Sharp had been forced out wide to cross into a empty box.Its about time SOD actually gave some of the m/f instructions to folow rather than this liquid free floating thing we do.

Secondely fitness,we looked knackered very early.We dont have anyone who you could say is a box to box man.And our fixture schedule has been pretty light.We have 3 yes 3 full time sports scientists at the club to ensure diet and fitness is at a premium.One would have to question there effect judgeing by the amount of last minute goals and Saturdays energy levels.

Finally 2 quick points,im a big fan of Chambers but how he got mom and star player on Sheff i dnt know thought it was one of his poorer games,and Mr Coppinger stop bloody moaning and waving your arms about and concentrate on the game,he missed 2 quick ball because he was to busy moaning at someone,its not as if his game is anywhere near strong enough to moan at others....Apart from that were coasting :lol:

Strange one this, I thought he was superb and gets better with every game but a few people after the match including SOD said he didn't play that well.  Just shows some people see things differently

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 08, 2010, 10:53:16 am by bedale rover »
i thought for 60 minutes he was excellent then for some reason he went off the rails

i thought copps mostly excellent on sturday but we allowed ourselves to be bullied

i would play mcdaid instead of wilson to put more energy into the side

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 08, 2010, 10:57:45 am by Filo »
I thought Stock and Oster gave the ball away too cheaply in our own half too often, I also think we are a confidence team, when we are winning we look good, but when we are losing we look bad and devoid of confidence, no one apart from Billy seems to want the responsibility of having a shot, sometimes we need to stop trying to walk it into the net

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 08, 2010, 11:10:10 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
To be fair to a few of them, they tried to have shots from distance (Roberts, Wilson and Stock) all tried this.  However they were poor.  We're not getting breaks at the moment but that will come.

nightporter

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 08, 2010, 11:23:53 am by nightporter »
Thoses sports scientists must be tearing their hair out when they read about players getting pissed up after matches.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 08, 2010, 11:52:29 am by wing commander »
lol,That is true Nightporter.You can see it know

1,training
2,Brown rice and chicken
3,massage,ice bath
4,salad pasta and more chichen
5,12 pints of Stella.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012