Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:47:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Is Byron the new Hoff ????  (Read 3750 times)

wing commander

• Forum Member
Is Byron the new Hoff ????
« on February 08, 2010, 12:03:33 pm by wing commander »
There seems to be many things these two have in common,both came from a foriegn country to prove themselves,both seem to be good players,both very unlucky that when the chance arrives where it looks like they will get a run in the team they pick up injuries at the worst time.
   Theres no doubt that Webster would have played Saturday as SOD said he was very reluctant to throw shelton in as he wasnt match fit,which was proved when he had to come off early with cramp.
   Lets hope he gets some luck and the end result isnt the same....

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
Re:Is Byron the new Hoff ????
« Reply #1 on February 08, 2010, 01:24:48 pm by Surrey Rover »
Would he have played Webster though, he had the chance to throw him in at Cardiff but chose Hird instead which I questioned at the time especially given Websters height advantage against the likes of Bothroyd.

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 08, 2010, 02:01:52 pm by dumbroofer »
lol n it worked a treat

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 08, 2010, 02:18:13 pm by wing commander »
Good point but i think he would have,SOD said he wanted to try Hird with O Conner at Cardiff,as you certainley get the feeling he doesnt think Hirdy has the same success playing with Shackell as he did with Mills.
  I would have expected Byron to start,however its a differant kettle of fish for him now, the reason i started this thread is because when he does get fit the chances are he will have Shackell,Hird,O Conner,Lockwood and Martis all infront of him and a similar situation proved the end for the Hoff....

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 08, 2010, 02:37:22 pm by Surrey Rover »
Should Hird and Lockwood be ahead of him though? In the same thread I posted after the Cardiff game I also questioned Hird's selection ahead of Webster on the basis of SOD's regularly quoted statement \"We won't sign players who are not better than we already have\"

TinyPortal © 2005-2012