Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:12:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sharpshooter Fund  (Read 4100 times)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Sharpshooter Fund
« on February 08, 2010, 03:40:55 pm by MrFrost »
Whats the latest with this? I notice the running total has disapeared!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Drover

• Forum Member
Re:Sharpshooter Fund
« Reply #1 on February 08, 2010, 03:53:24 pm by Drover »
The Cheque was presented before the Reading game.

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 08, 2010, 03:59:23 pm by SkellowRover »
MrFrost wrote:

The VSC presented the club with a £3000 cheque from the sharpshooter fund 10 minutes before kick off on Saturday, we're you not there then? :p

gartom

Re:Sharpshooter Fund - just posted on Front page..
« Reply #3 on February 08, 2010, 04:13:39 pm by gartom »
Hi guys,
Just posted detail on front page of website....detail is:

Just a few lines to say many thanks to all our supporters who gave so generously to the Billy Sharp ‘Sharpshooter fund’.
It was a pity we could nt generate a lot of ‘on the pitch’ presence for the presentation of our  cheque on Saturday just before kick-off, but John Ryan had been asked to do several last minute interviews by SKY and by the BBC, and he was also playing ‘mine host’ to a lot of visitors...
As a result we lost the chance to announce the presentation via the PA system – and we had to dash across to the East Stand to wait for a chance when John & Stuart Highfield were free – but they both wanted to take part in the presentation as they really appreciate our efforts and are very grateful for all  that has been done  by the Rovers Supporters club  and the VSC.

Thanks to Paul Mayfield & Rob Clark who presented the cheque – no doubt you will see their pretty faces in the programme and on the VSC website very soon. They are available to do weddings & childrens  parties too.....

In the end we raised just short of £3000 – a very credible effort – its a pity Paypal take a lump in commission charges, but we rounded up the cheque to £3000.
We had a lot of folk contributing to the cause, and we will do a lucky draw for all who contributed – we will get a signed shirt by Billy for the lucky winner.
Steve Uttley is  organising the shirt and we will let you know who wins later...
Thanks again,
Cheers
Gareth

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 08, 2010, 05:31:06 pm by MrFrost »
SkellowRover wrote:
MrFrost wrote:

The VSC presented the club with a £3000 cheque from the sharpshooter fund 10 minutes before kick off on Saturday, we're you not there then? :p

I would have been on the councourse, or slipping from the south to west stand avoiding detection from the stewards!

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
Why didnt we do the fund until the season ended?
« Reply #5 on February 08, 2010, 08:38:38 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
At a minimum we would have had all the away bus collections and people including me would have given monthly contributions....??? Why the time limit? He is here until the end of season?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012