Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:15:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Massive clean sheet....  (Read 3383 times)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
Massive clean sheet....
« on February 09, 2010, 11:43:29 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Can the guys that went comment on the defence inc Martis....

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chrisd_123

Re:Massive clean sheet....
« Reply #1 on February 10, 2010, 12:22:02 am by Chrisd_123 »
Martis looked very shakey. Most headers went either straight up in the air or in a completely different direction and overall he just looked uncomfortable throughout. O'Connor had an ok game, that said neither defence was really troubled.

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 10, 2010, 12:45:20 am by Surrey Rover »
A bit harsh in my opinion. Martis got through a lot of good work tonight as did all the back four. His distribution was wayward at times but that seemed to come from a lack of time spent with the squad and the system that SOD likes to play with. Without his aerial presence I don't think we'd have kept them out this evening.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 10, 2010, 12:51:25 am by donnievic »
Yeah both teams cancelled each other out and neither keeper really had a save to make but still a good result for us and thought They would of caused us more problems really but was that them being poor or us being solid?

Curious Orange

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 10, 2010, 02:36:22 am by Curious Orange »
According to Pearson on the BBC website, we were the poor ones. Sounds like he's trying to tell us off for not opening up for them to make their life easier.

And on Martis, he will just have to deal with a lot of aerial balls as that was Shackell's job in the centre-half pairing. And as much as I like Sam Hird, I got the impression one of his biggest failings was his aerial presence which is why he is no longer first choice.

thornerover94

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 10, 2010, 02:49:52 am by thornerover94 »
i listened in on rovers player while i worked away! it seemed to me like martis did struggle but before he came to us when did he last play a full game, my feeling is he lacks match practice and had it not been for his size and defender injurys at the moment i dont think he would have started, give him a few games to get his sharpness back and touch and he will be fine, but still a good clean sheet and point in any case no matter who plays leicester have come up and shown there worth in this division we need to do the same

may i also add the fans that travelled sounded in good voice tonight you could hear them for the vast majority of the game which is good considering the small amount that travelled good on you wish i could have been there!!

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 10, 2010, 08:35:07 am by steve@dcfd »
Nice to see us not concede even though as you say the defence was shakey. But its about time that the Coppinger, Oster, Stock assist Billy and Dean in the goals department.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012