Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:26:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Next four games  (Read 3122 times)

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
Next four games
« on February 09, 2010, 11:55:50 pm by Lesonthewest »
Look very tough, Forest, Wednesday, QPR & Leicester. Would be very happy with a 4 or 5 points return from those. Think 38/39 points with 14 left to play would give us a decent platform to get us to reasonable safety, Along with the return of Shackell & Woods aswell & the following 4 or 5 looking fairly winnable, maybe we can reach safety with a bit to spare. Thoughts?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
Re:Next four games
« Reply #1 on February 10, 2010, 12:18:14 am by Snods Shinpad 2 »
Having the benefit of hindsight I wish we had shut up shop for the Boro and particularly the Reading game and played for a dour draw. I know it's not our style but dropping those points especially against Reading has been very costly. I'm starting to actually believe SOD when he says he never looks at league tables.

We can't afford to drop points against teams around us.

I say go for it against Forest and shut up shop against Wednesday and QPR.

I'd be happy with 2 points out of those 3 fixtures.

What worries me is if Sharp gets injured/suspended.

What then?

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 10, 2010, 12:53:41 am by donnievic »
Well i would say the opposite and really go for it at Wednesday and QPR espacailly the latter as they are in a worse run then us at the minute

Curious Orange

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 10, 2010, 02:16:31 am by Curious Orange »
SOD may not look at the table, but there's an interesting mini-league gathering at the bottom of the table from us in 16th to Reading in 22nd separated by two points (and possibly Plymouth too if they were to win a couple of games). We have at least a game in hand on the majority of those, so the next few games take on importance (psychologically at least, for the fans) in terms of whether or not we get mired in the relegation candidates going into the end of the season or we can scale the dizzy height of midtable mediocrity again.

thornerover94

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 10, 2010, 02:44:55 am by thornerover94 »
hopefully SOD is a man who realises what needs to be done to assure safety in the right way for the club, i trust he will make the right decisions for the team, there are still a couple of influential players out injured at the min such as shacks and woods which will make a big difference when they come back because the team are clearly struggling without them two, more than we did so without stock in the side!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012