Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:47:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Leicester  (Read 3669 times)

The Loan Arranger

• Forum Member
Leicester
« on February 10, 2010, 10:34:38 am by The Loan Arranger »
My match summary:-
1.   The ball bounced around aimlessly on the pitch, but mainly on the surrounding areas… and in the stands for 100+ minutes.
2.   The Walkers was like a bigger version of the Keepmoat …….with a similar lack of atmosphere!
3.   The Referee managed to achieve the Holy Grail of refereeing by being totally unbiased and generally rubbish for both sides! (even though Richie Wellens spent most of the warm-up talking to him – must be a mate!).
4.   Wellens got a decent reception from the Rovers fans and gave us a clap. After that he looked very ordinary. Has he put on weight – looked a bit chunky!
5.   The match managed to break the Guinness World Record for the most number of throw-ins in a game (187).
6.   Amusing fat bloke on the drum kept us entertained – as the match didn’t.
7.   (Tip) Sully – when taking kicks………aim for the big green bit between the stands.
8.   (Tip) Coppinger…………..try to pass to players in the same colour shirts as the one that you are wearing. Also running around a bit might help you to keep warm on a cold evening!
9.   Martis…OMG!.......When’s Shackell back?? It’s funny but although his head doesn’t look like a 50 pence piece… the ball bounces off it at such strange angles that it must be that shape!
10.   Sharp got zero service and got a silly booking for punching the ball away near the end. Looked like frustration to me.
11.   Wilson…………who?
12.   Roberts……yes Son - you are still part of the team, if only some of the other lads would come within 30 yards of you, you might be able to get involved a bit more! Must be B.O.!
13.   We looked lightweight in midfield (Oster, Coppinger, Hayter, Stock) not exactly renowned for their hard-man tackling abilities.
14.   We got caught in possession far too many times.
15.   We looked clueless going forwards.
16.   I’d have take the point before the game started but Leicester were really poor and there for the taking.
17.   Recently we have struggled against teams that put our midfield and back four under pressure (Middlesbrough & Reading). This appears to stifle our game and as we have no width or pace up front it all becomes much too compressed and we have to resort to fancy flick-ons that generally get us nowhere.
18.   Still. A point is a point.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Guernsey Exile

• Forum Member
Re:Leicester
« Reply #1 on February 10, 2010, 10:52:15 am by Guernsey Exile »
The Loan Arranger wrote:
My match summary:-
1.   The ball bounced around aimlessly on the pitch, but mainly on the surrounding areas… and in the stands for 100+ minutes.
2.   The Walkers was like a bigger version of the Keepmoat …….with a similar lack of atmosphere!
3.   The Referee managed to achieve the Holy Grail of refereeing by being totally unbiased and generally rubbish for both sides! (even though Richie Wellens spent most of the warm-up talking to him – must be a mate!).
4.   Wellens got a decent reception from the Rovers fans and gave us a clap. After that he looked very ordinary. Has he put on weight – looked a bit chunky!
5.   The match managed to break the Guinness World Record for the most number of throw-ins in a game (187).
6.   Amusing fat bloke on the drum kept us entertained – as the match didn’t.
7.   (Tip) Sully – when taking kicks………aim for the big green bit between the stands.
8.   (Tip) Coppinger…………..try to pass to players in the same colour shirts as the one that you are wearing. Also running around a bit might help you to keep warm on a cold evening!
9.   Martis…OMG!.......When’s Shackell back?? It’s funny but although his head doesn’t look like a 50 pence piece… the ball bounces off it at such strange angles that it must be that shape!
10.   Sharp got zero service and got a silly booking for punching the ball away near the end. Looked like frustration to me.
11.   Wilson…………who?
12.   Roberts……yes Son - you are still part of the team, if only some of the other lads would come within 30 yards of you, you might be able to get involved a bit more! Must be B.O.!
13.   We looked lightweight in midfield (Oster, Coppinger, Hayter, Stock) not exactly renowned for their hard-man tackling abilities.
14.   We got caught in possession far too many times.
15.   We looked clueless going forwards.
16.   I’d have take the point before the game started but Leicester were really poor and there for the taking.
17.   Recently we have struggled against teams that put our midfield and back four under pressure (Middlesbrough & Reading). This appears to stifle our game and as we have no width or pace up front it all becomes much too compressed and we have to resort to fancy flick-ons that generally get us nowhere.
18.   Still. A point is a point.

is that true? :laugh:

danum

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 10, 2010, 11:12:24 am by danum »
Pretty fair analogy of the evenings events

The refereee was a complete enigma - he even made Mr Kettle look decent. I truly can't remember the last time I saw someone make so many shocking decisions (both sides)
Did the linesman nearest to us understand the offside rule ?

The chant to the shirtless obese drummer of \"you're not fit to bang the drum\" - class

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 10, 2010, 11:18:48 am by DonnyNoel »
What did people of went make of the Fryatt injury?

Nigel Pearson seems to be insinuating it could have been deliberate in some of the papers.

Redandwhitewhizards

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 10, 2010, 11:38:48 am by Redandwhitewhizards »
Looked like they were both committed to getting the ball and simply collided, certainly didn't look like there was any malice or intent but it was in the opposite corner to where we were sat.

The Loan Arranger

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 10, 2010, 02:29:08 pm by The Loan Arranger »
Guernsey,

Sorry not true - it was only 157! I exaggerated for comedic effect.

P.S. Martis hasn't got a \"threepenny bit\" head either!!

en aitch

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 10, 2010, 02:56:14 pm by en aitch »
I've always thought that Shelton Martis was a bit \"Dean Walling like\" - now it's confirmed that it's not just me :)

London_Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 10, 2010, 03:19:54 pm by London_Rover »
If only all match reports were as refreshing honest :-)

I had forgotten how much I miss Wellens' ability to get free kicks.

I didn't see the Fryatt clash but was pleased about it.  I turned up late and was grateful for the extra 7 minutes I would have missed!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012