Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:43:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Jekyll and Hyde performance.  (Read 5945 times)

Wellred

• Forum Member
Re:Jekyll and Hyde performance.
« Reply #30 on February 28, 2010, 02:03:26 pm by Wellred »
CusworthRovers wrote:
In fairness to Wilson he was left in the middle ground alone. Usually he has somebody close by to play the short ball too. I thought he played too many long balls today and unfortunately he cannot repeat that (finding his man) over and over again.....like we expect from Stock and Woods. Was that his fault.....I'm not so sure, as like said he had no 5-10 yard pass to give to a creative midfielder so more often than not had no choice but to try the harder ball.

In short I feel Wilson plays better when he is shadowing somebody in the middle, but today Hird, Copps, Oster and Hayts weren't close enough to him for his liking. Again, is that his fault?

I am a bit confused by your post Cussie.
Are you really saying that because Wilson can only find a man with a short pass but cannot manage to pass any distance to one of his own players its not his fault?

Do we really need a midfield player who can only play well when he has someone close by to hold his hand. As it seems to me that is what you are saying?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on February 28, 2010, 08:11:39 pm by roversdude »
Got to admit to being one of the boo boys at the end = it was though vented at the (again) poor officials

donnybel

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 28, 2010, 09:14:48 pm by donnybel »
RTID75 wrote:
Fair enough, and thanks for clearing things up, it's just because you didn't quote any one particular post it read to me as though it was being directed at people who have posted in this thread in general.

Was a bit disjointed wasn't it!! Now my 16 year old has shown me how to use the quote button it might stop any mixed messages.  Still can't do with those moaners though, hopefully the price rise will put them off!!!

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on February 28, 2010, 10:12:51 pm by CusworthRovers »
Wellred wrote:
CusworthRovers wrote:
In fairness to Wilson he was left in the middle ground alone. Usually he has somebody close by to play the short ball too. I thought he played too many long balls today and unfortunately he cannot repeat that (finding his man) over and over again.....like we expect from Stock and Woods. Was that his fault.....I'm not so sure, as like said he had no 5-10 yard pass to give to a creative midfielder so more often than not had no choice but to try the harder ball.

In short I feel Wilson plays better when he is shadowing somebody in the middle, but today Hird, Copps, Oster and Hayts weren't close enough to him for his liking. Again, is that his fault?

I am a bit confused by your post Cussie.
Are you really saying that because Wilson can only find a man with a short pass but cannot manage to pass any distance to one of his own players its not his fault?

Do we really need a midfield player who can only play well when he has someone close by to hold his hand. As it seems to me that is what you are saying?

I think what I'm trying to say mate, is that Wilson's better performances will come when he has somebody within 10yds of him to give him the easier pass. That player will no doubt be the fulcrum of the midfield, a more creative and robust type of player that can influence/dictate a game (Stock/Woods). Added to that, will be that he will be the protector of that other man (Woods, Stock for example). He will be the safety element, the gate out of jail card to one of the more creative players, the closer of space, the easy option if nothing on etc etc.

Eric Cantona once said that every flair team needs a donkey. He was speaking politely and he was speaking of Deschamps. He was referring to the unspectacular element that will make the team tick. Not comparing the 2 players or the 2 sides, but there is a link here IMO.

I think it is a big ask to all scream that Wilson should be running/bossing a game. He's not good enough for that, I will be the first to admit that(however, I merely refer you to Wilts' post the other day. I would love Gerrard, Mascherano, Gattuso, Huddlestone, Barry Ya ya ya ya ya Toure et al, but it aint happening my friend. We have what we have available to Sean and we have these players/all our players for a reason). We all know that if we had Stock, Woods, Oster, Copps, Mutch, JET, Deano, Hayts available then I would be surprised to see MW in the team. Then again, as I type this (excluding the loanees) I cannot see any others with the discipline to play his role, unless we (I mean Sean) changes tactics.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012