Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:27:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The Ref  (Read 4145 times)

WSBBA_Joe

• Forum Member
The Ref
« on February 27, 2010, 05:47:01 pm by WSBBA_Joe »
The worst this season?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Superspy

• VSC Member
Re:The Ref
« Reply #1 on February 27, 2010, 06:02:10 pm by Superspy »
i wouldnt say the worst, but defintely crap.

colfromdonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 27, 2010, 06:02:22 pm by colfromdonny »
Just the usual inept performance poorly supported by his assistants(lino's). The stonewall sending off wasn't given after consultation with the female lino, and I couldn't see the late penalty appeal but I am sure she also didn't give it. Add to this a world class display by Speroni and we were lucky to get apoint!!

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 27, 2010, 06:08:09 pm by DonnyNoel »
Would like to see the Lee/Ward tangle again. As soon as it happened Warnock put his head in his hands which to me indicated he expected a red card.

Biggest decision though was the second disallowed goal. Like the bloke said next to me, defenders seem to be able to do anything to BS but he gets penalised far too much.

Adam

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 27, 2010, 06:09:37 pm by Adam »
DonnyNoel wrote:
Would like to see the Lee/Ward tangle again. As soon as it happened Warnock put his head in his hands which to me indicated he expected a red card.

Biggest decision though was the second disallowed goal. Like the bloke said next to me, defenders seem to be able to do anything to BS but he gets penalised far too much.

From what I saw, Ward tackled high, wasn't given by referee and Lee hit out.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 27, 2010, 06:12:31 pm by mushRTID »
To say how Big Lee is, he was going down like a right sack of shit especially in the first half. The one at the start of the game when Robbo bumped into him was pathetic.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 27, 2010, 06:29:35 pm by bobjimwilly »
He did keep going down like a sack o'spuds aye. And that \"woman\" lino on the west touchline was terrible. Far too many \"offsides\" that never were and bottled it when she should have been waving that flag of hers like crazy when sharp was brought down?

washyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 27, 2010, 06:34:41 pm by washyrover »
Very poor cost us the match.

VikingJames

« Reply #8 on February 27, 2010, 06:39:10 pm by VikingJames »
I thought he was poor. The tug on Sharp in the box should have been a penalty, as should the late foul on Mutch from what I saw. Not just that, but he was poor throughout the game and made some bizarre decisions.

Having said that, I thought he got the last man decision right. Sharp was a good 30 yards from goal and had pushed the ball wide - not a clear goalscoring opportunity = no sending off. Plus the fact that is was more of a tangle of legs than a blatant foul. I think a red would've been harsh.

phil o sophical

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 27, 2010, 06:44:47 pm by phil o sophical »
Whilst the ref wasn't up to much ,we cost ourselfs the match.Palace were there for the taking and as often has happened this season we didn't press home our advantage when we were on top.They upped their tempo in the second half and at times today we looked like a team who expected to turn them over because of all their current woes

ferribyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 27, 2010, 07:03:54 pm by ferribyrover »
Ref didn't give us any of the key decisions and we missed a good chance of all 3 points.
Must have been an almighty bolxxxking from Warnock at HT cos Palace worked much harder and improved a lot.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 27, 2010, 07:11:32 pm by DonnyNoel »
ferribyrover wrote:
Ref didn't give us any of the key decisions and we missed a good chance of all 3 points.
Must have been an almighty bolxxxking from Warnock at HT cos Palace worked much harder and improved a lot.

I thought that too. 5 significant decisions for me and none went our way.

- Second disallowed goal
- Pen for BS
- Pen for Mutch
- Red for DOGSO
- Red for Lee

I had no decent view of it but I though our first disallowed effort was offside so not listed that one.

DN5Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 27, 2010, 07:15:07 pm by DN5Rover »
Nothing new here. Sh1t officials. Gutless ref and blind bloody woman lino!!! It seems to me that we get more than our fare share of tossers in charge at the KMS.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 27, 2010, 07:19:00 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
the most stonewall pen ever.. Mutch in last mins!

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 27, 2010, 07:46:35 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Rigoglioso wrote:
No excuses, no blaming the referee and no sympathy from me. We got what we deserved.

Definitely two points lost rather than one gained today, I'm afraid.

Agreed Rigo.

I simply could not believe the difference in our performance between the first and second halves.

Yeah...the Ref had a poor game, maybe a Palace player should have walked, maybe we had some decent penalty shouts. But, we were architects of our own downfall today.

retford rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 27, 2010, 08:00:31 pm by retford rover »
In his post match press interview Warnock thought the ref was good and and less sterner ref would have sent Jordan Mutch of for diving...  Seans response was he is an 18 year old lad he dosen't know how to dive..
was Warnock's said tongue in cheek, we all know the man
also top marks to Steve Utley (Rovers media manager) for telling a reporter from the Sun, that he would may be banned from the Keepmoat after he tried to storm into the press conference, after arriving late, and  trying to bang the door down.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 27, 2010, 08:09:10 pm by The Red Baron »
Warnock would think the ref was good, because his failure to get any of the big decisions right went squarely in Palace's favour.

OK- we played poorly for much of the second half, but Palace should have been down to 10 men and should have conceded a penalty in stoppage time.

Maybe because (a) we're little ol' Donny Rovers and (b) the officials know they're not going to get an ear-bashing from our manager they can't bring themselves to give us the big decisions.

I mean- imagine what Warnock's reaction would have been if a Palace player had been blatantly fouled in the box in stoppage time? The referee's ears would still be burning!

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 27, 2010, 08:12:40 pm by swain_drfc »
Referees in this league clearly don't have a set. Two sendings off not given in the last two games. Clear penalty.

They seem to want to blow there whistle all bluddy game for fouls on the half way line but anything around the box or more importantly like today in it they wave away no matter what.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 27, 2010, 08:15:48 pm by The Red Baron »
That's what struck me about him- no bottle to make the big decisions. Useless.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 27, 2010, 08:23:17 pm by bobjimwilly »
Rigoglioso wrote:
Whatever we say about the referee is irrelevant. I admit the referee didn't have a particularly great day and got a couple of big decisions completely wrong, but we can blame referees until we're blue in the face and it won't change anything. We need to look at our own performance first and foremost.

We can blame referees and should. Yes, Rigo, we played poor 2nd half. But does that mean deserve the obvious and important decisions to not go our way? Not at all IMO.

Regardless of if we played crap for 10, 30, 45 or 90mins, that peno should have been given, and the foul on Billy should have resulted in a red card, which would have changed the game and we probably would have gone on to win! :angry:

Obviously the management team will focus on improving the negative aspects of todays performance, but we as fans can't change that, that is Sean et al's job.  :huh:

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 28, 2010, 08:32:14 am by Al4475 »
Amazing how we see things, I thought both the Ref and the female lino (who in my opinion was subjected to unwarranted sexist abuse for pretty much the whole game) got most of the big decisions spot on, however the penalty appeals in the last minutes could have gone either way.

Billy cut across the defender for the booking and they both clattered into one another (no intent from the def) - he was heading away from goal, Yellow Card - altho a guaranteed red for away defenders at any one of Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Newcastle or Leeds!

The other booking for the foul on Hayter(?) again, running away from goal, Yellow Card.

The booking for the melee I'm not so sure about, as I couldn't see the incident, Gareth Roberts spoke to me briefly afterwards and said he felt the guy went in with elbows up, but our player - Ward(?) was high too, could have been red but a yellow the more likely outcome for both players.

I was sat directly behind the female lino in the first half when a couple of 'dodgy' decisions went to Palace (offsides) and I felt she called them right altho, on occasions she may have been a little slow in flagging.

A few people were screaming for fouls against Billy and 'arms up' from defenders, but Billy used his good upper-body strength to lean in, roll away and obstruct - again mostly in my opinion given correctly!

Couldn't see the disallowed goals properly, but a lack of appeal for either from our players again suggests they were called correctly!

I am admittedly disappointed with the point as I felt we deserved better than 1-1, but think about the first half play and how many shots went in from our boys from 10-15 yards and then think of the second half ones - massive inbalance in favour of first half.

Constant pressure, shooting on sight = goals and a panicky defence, that are tired! However, the high tempo of the first half would obviously lead to tiredness in the second half from our boys, then palace flexed a bit, had their moments of possesion and territorial advantage (inevitable over 90 mins) and equalised! I thought we played well overall, the decisions went as they should, but we were still better than 1-1 and probably should have wrapped the game before half time (a second legitimate goal would have done this for us I think)! We didn't, and it's 1-1, points shared - a bugger, but never mind!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012