Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:52:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Aaron Ramsay Injury  (Read 4608 times)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Aaron Ramsay Injury
« on February 27, 2010, 07:06:30 pm by mushRTID »
Sounds like another Eduardo.

Not got sky so havent seen it but it sounds another bad one for Arsenal.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnybel

• Forum Member
Re:Aaron Ramsay Injury
« Reply #1 on February 27, 2010, 07:11:15 pm by donnybel »
Terrible, Mush, absolutely horrendous, quite similar to Eduardo, makes you feel sick. Hope he recovers well, a important player for the future.

Townender

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 27, 2010, 07:33:00 pm by Townender »
So bad that sky would`nt show a replay.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 27, 2010, 08:11:52 pm by The Red Baron »
I've seen a still of it- or of the aftermath anyway. His ankle is at an angle of nearly 90 degrees to his leg. Not nice.

muff licker

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 27, 2010, 08:38:09 pm by muff licker »
mushRTID wrote:
Sounds like another Eduardo.

Not got sky so havent seen it but it sounds another bad one for Arsenal.

Watched it a few times on SKY+ and the tackle itself was a 50/50 and no way deserved/merited a red card. Shawcross was crying as he left the field and you can see why. Ramsey was in agony and you could see the right leg was 'arched' and it was a serious injury.

I hope not only Ramsey makes a full recovery but Shawcross isn't scarred by this incident as he is  a great CH and one for the future of English Football.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 27, 2010, 08:47:08 pm by bobjimwilly »
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFE5VVq9a7w[/video]

GM-MarkB

« Reply #6 on February 27, 2010, 08:56:18 pm by GM-MarkB »
Shawcross has just been named in the England squad for this week's friendly.

Got to agree with Muff...I think the severity of Ramsey's injury got him the red card. His reaction as he left he field said it all for me about the challenge. No intent as far as i'm concerned. Just a very unfortunate accident.

TheRev

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 27, 2010, 09:31:21 pm by TheRev »
I have a soft spot for Arsenal since before they won the double in 70-71.
Looking at that Shawcross was very unlucky to get a Red Card for that.
A 50/50 and he had every right to go for the ball.
It's a shame for both the lads involved.

mutleyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 27, 2010, 09:40:47 pm by mutleyrover »
It was a shockingly dangerous challenge and fully deserved the red card irrelevant of the severity of the injury or the intent of Shawcross which was obviously to win the ball and not injure the player. He had little or no control over his challenge and deserved his punishment in my opinion.

jonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 27, 2010, 11:48:06 pm by jonrover »
mutleyrover wrote:
It was a shockingly dangerous challenge and fully deserved the red card irrelevant of the severity of the injury or the intent of Shawcross which was obviously to win the ball and not injure the player. He had little or no control over his challenge and deserved his punishment in my opinion.

Sorry mate your way off the mark. Nothing shocking about the challenge at all. 50/50 ball, Shawcross' foot position suggests he was playing the ball which was knocked beyond him in a flash and it was unlucky that Ramsey has suffered a horrendous injury in the process. Nothing malicious whatsoever and if Wenger has any scruples he will retract his post match statements regarding the incident. It was a complete accident.

GM-MarkB

« Reply #10 on February 28, 2010, 08:27:43 am by GM-MarkB »
At the time I noted Sky just didn't show it again, although I swithced off after the game so didn't see the post match.

However...good old BBC on MOTD...over analysing it like it was some 50 yard wonder strike. Seeing it once at the time was enough, thanks

muff licker

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 28, 2010, 08:43:03 am by muff licker »
jonrover wrote:
mutleyrover wrote:

Sorry mate your way off the mark. Nothing shocking about the challenge at all. 50/50 ball, Shawcross' foot position suggests he was playing the ball which was knocked beyond him in a flash and it was unlucky that Ramsey has suffered a horrendous injury in the process. Nothing malicious whatsoever and if Wenger has any scruples he will retract his post match statements regarding the incident. It was a complete accident.

Spot on, having seen it again and again especially the slow mo on MOTD you can clearly see Shawcross has gone for the ball, its just one of those freak things. Although Wenger is a great manager it still pisses me off how any untoward that is actioned against his players he always has a view and sees it, but when the boots on the other foot he never manages to see it, or its 'poor old Arsenal'.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 28, 2010, 10:16:53 am by idler »
He might not always be right but at least he talks after a game, unlike Fergie. :)

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 28, 2010, 11:13:11 am by eastender »
Not for the squeamish.

stuey

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 28, 2010, 06:15:06 pm by stuey »
Having now seen it, i agree with most that it was a 50/50 challenge, and Shawcross cerainly didn't mean for that to happen.
But, i think the problem is managers attitudes towards Arsenal. Without doubt, Pullis would have told his players \"get stuck in\" \"hit them hard\" or \"get in their faces\" and words to that effect. So players of teams playing against Arsenal (not just Stoke) go out there to \"get stuck in\", which is why, in my opinion, this type of thing has happend to Arsenal 3 times in the last few years.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 28, 2010, 07:34:18 pm by Filo »
50/50 challenge, no more, if Shawcross was our player and pulled out of a 50/50 he would get slated for neshing out! It's just an unfortunate injury, it' happened before and i'm sure it'll happen again. As the saying goes \"it's a mans game\"

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 28, 2010, 10:24:20 pm by BobG »
I didn't even think it was a foul when I saw it on MoTD last night. I still don't. Trouble is, togger isn't a mans game any more Filo. It's a pansies game run for profit and pandering to emotion.

BobG

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 28, 2010, 10:39:09 pm by RoversAlias »
eastender wrote:
Not for the squeamish.

I really believe that picture is photoshopped. It was in the paper blown up and it doesn't look right. If you see video footage of the tackle, the background/players don't correspond either.

But anyway, it was a horrible accident and I hope Ramsey can come back from this, he is a very good player.

BLIR

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 01, 2010, 05:02:47 am by BLIR »
I saw this in the paper too - looks like his leg has snapped before Shawcross hits him?

Unlikely I know, but is this possible?

I remember a photo from years ago where a triple jumper snaps his tib/fib so I reckon it can be done.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012