Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:26:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Christ the new boy can play a bit lol!!!  (Read 4176 times)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
Christ the new boy can play a bit lol!!!
« on February 27, 2010, 07:27:54 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
ET was amazing in his short time and worth the admission money alone, incredible strength and ability !

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re:Christ the new boy can play a bit lol!!!
« Reply #1 on February 27, 2010, 07:29:05 pm by mushRTID »
Although I wouldnt go that far, he did look a bit good.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 27, 2010, 07:31:14 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
like to see him play in the centre !

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 27, 2010, 07:38:54 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Did more in the time he was on the pitch, than certain midfielders who saw out the entire game did throughout.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 27, 2010, 08:03:21 pm by Wellred »
Thinwhiteduke wrote:
Did more in the time he was on the pitch, than certain midfielders who saw out the entire game did throughout.

Did you leave early? He was brought off in the 89th minute  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

TheRev

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 27, 2010, 08:15:40 pm by TheRev »
Wellred wrote:
Thinwhiteduke wrote:

Did you leave early? He was brought off in the 89th minute  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

No he was subbed in the 83rd minute and not a minute too soon. Should have gone off at half time.
Wilson was far better than Oster imo

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 27, 2010, 08:27:57 pm by Wellred »
We can agree to disagree on that one.
For me Wilson was on for 89 minutes too long.

TheRev

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 27, 2010, 08:34:32 pm by TheRev »
I'll disagree with you and raise you with Ostler was inept.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 27, 2010, 08:36:20 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Have we been saddled with Ostler again?  :laugh:

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 27, 2010, 08:57:37 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Was I watching a different player?  He was lazy, trotted around with arrogance and didn't often pass when he should have done.  But, he has raw ability, he's going to need a lot of time with the coaches to change a lot of his play.

Shawndrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 27, 2010, 09:12:26 pm by Shawndrfc »
he showed strength and skill, i was impressed but c'mon how much can you show in 12 mins. Hopefully trains gets to know everyone and then gets more time on the pitch next time. Also you cant call the lad ball greedy, how many time has sharp kept the ball wen he should pass. But that doesn't matter, all that matters that the lad was good the time he was on, for someone hu hadnt trained with the team fitted in well. But like i sed 12 mins isnt enough to judge.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 27, 2010, 09:15:37 pm by Wellred »
For me Wilson was rubbish in his first spell with the club under Dave Penny. I have seen nothing since to change my mind.
Some will disagree and can see  something in him. Personally I cannot see it.

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 27, 2010, 09:35:31 pm by SkellowRover »
I've said it before and i'll say it again.....

Wilson is a good supporting midfielder when he isn't the main man, when he's with Stock or Woods in the middle he plays at his best as he hasn't as much responsibilty in terms of creativity and being the midfield general. When he is seen as the main man in the middle of the park like today and against Leicester then he isn't upto it.

ferribyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 28, 2010, 02:26:12 pm by ferribyrover »
JET's cameo performance was encouraging.
Wilson covered a lot of ground yesterday, especially 1st half - he laid ball off to Copps for the goal - but primarily held centre midfield, with Sam, to allow Copps and Oster to play freely. Copps took advantage and was near his best, whereas Oster tried, but failed miserably, to make a telling impression. How many times did Oster give the ball away?
I think JET offers us something a bit different and could fit in and do well.

Shawndrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 28, 2010, 03:49:42 pm by Shawndrfc »
I like oster, that ball he played in the second half was amazing, and how many time did he jogk  in and out of there players so casually. Very impressed. JET does look a good player, hopefully rest of the season and nxt if he impresses.

Big lad up front

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 28, 2010, 06:14:51 pm by Big lad up front »
Wouldnt get to excited just yet,lets just wait & see.
If you read the Arsenal web pages ,there are very mixed feelings about him,just as with Blckpool.

Have to see a bit more. One of the things that seems general is that he is a bit one paced.
Should fit in well with us at the moment then.................

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 28, 2010, 06:43:40 pm by Branton Rover »
Another example of why SOD is fantastic for us he's managed to nurture a relationship it seems with Arsene Wenger & I imagine we'll be utilising this new found contact with one or two of Arsenals promising youngsters, Wenger safe in the knowledge his young charges will be developed well under our culture of football.  These things don't happen by accident

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 28, 2010, 06:44:19 pm by Branton Rover »
Another example of why SOD is fantastic for us he's managed to nurture a relationship it seems with Arsene Wenger & I imagine we'll be utilising this new found contact with one or two of Arsenals promising youngsters, Wenger safe in the knowledge his young charges will be developed well under our culture of football.  These things don't happen by accident

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 28, 2010, 06:44:45 pm by RoversAlias »
SkellowRover wrote:

Wilson is a good supporting midfielder when he isn't the main man, when he's with Stock or Woods in the middle he plays at his best as he hasn't as much responsibilty in terms of creativity and being the midfield general. When he is seen as the main man in the middle of the park like today and against Leicester then he isn't upto it.

This is completely right, Wilson is solid but not when he's expected to run the midfield.

Aside from two great cross field passes Oster was arse yesterday. His worst game for the club IMO, he struggled massively to pass to his own teammates and was just too casual in his movement.

PACMAN

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 28, 2010, 06:55:12 pm by PACMAN »
RoversAlias wrote:
SkellowRover wrote:

This is completely right, Wilson is solid but not when he's expected to run the midfield.

Aside from two great cross field passes Oster was arse yesterday. His worst game for the club IMO, he struggled massively to pass to his own teammates and was just too casual in his movement.

Quite clearly you all missed something yesterday. Danny Butterfield man to man marked Oster for the full 83 minutes he was on the pitch, he followed him everywhere. Warnock had obviously watched the Leicester game so plaudits to him for nullifying Oster. As for Wilson, just not good enough, a steady solid pro yes, a Championship quality player no, league one at best IMHO.

Biggles

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 28, 2010, 06:57:31 pm by Biggles »
Thought he looked OK, it'll take him a few trainingg sessions to get used to the players and what they can and can't do ability wise. There were a couple of times when i thought he kept hold of the ball longer than he should and i expected him to lose the ball..........but he didn't so well done.

Best bit though was all through the game whenever one of our midfield did anything wrong someone from the crowd would shout get the new lad on SOD. His first bit of play though he did a series of stepovers then fell over.    

All the shouters who wanted him on shouted get him off SOD he's bloody rubbish.  :laugh:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012