Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:11:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sam Hird  (Read 3555 times)

ptaylor-red

• Forum Member
Sam Hird
« on February 27, 2010, 08:59:07 pm by ptaylor-red »
He was outstanding today and definatly should of got MOM in my opinion. Personally I think SOD should keep him there. He spryed the ball around the park and did a good job of protecting the back 4 throughout the game.

Is a shame however we lost our concentration and we were punished for it. There goal was coming for a while before they scored and they did look a decent side in my opinion going forward but they were not so strong at the back and I think on another day we may have had a few more.

Finally I couldnt believe the cheering when Wilson was taken off. We are rovers fans and he is one of the players we must support week in week out and in all honesty he didnt have a bad game today. He was quiet, tidy and just went about his business.

Looking forward to the next game and hopefully rovers taking 3 points and getting back on track!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re:Sam Hird
« Reply #1 on February 27, 2010, 09:01:46 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Disagree.  He was ok, nothing more.  I don't see how people criticise Wilson then praise Hird, they did pretty similar things, Wilson probably contributed more.  Neither did really bad, neither did really good.  They were both solid but unspectacular.

I ask one question though, did we need both of them holding back in midfield?  I would say not.  Why not try Spicer or Shiels and take the game to the opposition a little more?

ptaylor-red

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 27, 2010, 09:03:47 pm by ptaylor-red »
yes i agree we didnt need both there and deano or spicer may have been a better attacking option at home.

The only reason I can think they were both there was to deal with Darren Ambrose?

Shawndrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 27, 2010, 09:08:23 pm by Shawndrfc »
tbh him and wilson were awful, because they didnt do there job. Hird was a fifth defender most of the time and wilson was i his ow little world. Ambrose had aches to run into because they didnt close them down in midfield leadig to there goal and chances. If ward wasnt there i shudder to think how many more chances. But hird did impress me wen he didnt shy away from the 50/50. Ward was MoM in my eyes, and hope he sign perminantly because everytime he's played ive been impressed.

VikingJames

« Reply #4 on February 27, 2010, 09:12:10 pm by VikingJames »
If Wilson was supposed to be hanging back, he wasn't doing a very disciplined job.

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 27, 2010, 09:30:43 pm by SkellowRover »
ptaylor-red wrote:
He was outstanding today and definatly should of got MOM in my opinion. Personally I think SOD should keep him there. He spryed the ball around the park and did a good job of protecting the back 4 throughout the game.

Is a shame however we lost our concentration and we were punished for it. There goal was coming for a while before they scored and they did look a decent side in my opinion going forward but they were not so strong at the back and I think on another day we may have had a few more.

Finally I couldnt believe the cheering when Wilson was taken off. We are rovers fans and he is one of the players we must support week in week out and in all honesty he didnt have a bad game today. He was quiet, tidy and just went about his business.

Looking forward to the next game and hopefully rovers taking 3 points and getting back on track!!

I don't think you were watching the same game as me, countless times he wasn't picking up palace midfield runners in the 2nd half. The palace midfield had so much space in the 2nd half to run at our defence which was NOT being protected that it was only a matter of time before they equalised.

VikingJames

« Reply #6 on February 27, 2010, 09:50:34 pm by VikingJames »
I know I'll get some stick for this, but I thought that Hird showed Wilson how to play that role in front of the back four today.

He was disciplined, kept his position, and didn't try bombing forward and doing things that are beyond his ability. He also won headers and actually won some tackles in midfield, something that Wilson rarely seems to do.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 27, 2010, 09:55:46 pm by steve@dcfd »
ptaylor-red wrote:

Last season we watched Stock and Wellens the engine of roll royce midfield, today we watched Hird and Wilson who are not good enough to the ngine of a morris minor or aconference side. Not their fault tjey were picked to play in that position. Today the manager got it wrong, I am one of his biggest admirers, and I hope SOD never plays them either individually or together again in midfield, lets hope Stock and Woods are available next Saturday.

Shawndrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 27, 2010, 09:56:20 pm by Shawndrfc »
yeah he stay back so much he was behind the back four most of the time, i'm not a big sam hird fan and today ward saved his skin today.

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 27, 2010, 09:56:32 pm by SkellowRover »
VikingJames wrote:
I know I'll get some stick for this, but I thought that Hird showed Wilson how to play that role in front of the back four today.

He was disciplined, kept his position, and didn't try bombing forward and doing things that are beyond his ability. He also won headers and actually won some tackles in midfield, something that Wilson rarely seems to do.

But failed to pick the runner up too many times, i lost count of him pointing at others to pick people up while he was marking or tracking nobody which he should be as the defensive midfielder.
Our defence lacked any protection in the 2nd half and everyone could see it was only a matter of time before they scored, i will give warnock his dues that he saw where our weakness was and exploited it.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 28, 2010, 04:13:57 pm by sha66y »
hird was shoit and wilson was a bit less shoit, these 2 are best kept as subs for when we are a good dozen ahead, it was patently obvious that the second half was up for grabs , and i truly expected us to put another 2-3 in then go home happy, however the hird/wilson midfield show put paid to that......... both of you please go into the Managers office on Monday morning and tell him that you just aint cut out for the demands of this division and the style of play we have adopted.......enjoy your time at a level best suited......... div1, methinks....

WSBBA_Joe

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 01, 2010, 12:22:02 am by WSBBA_Joe »
Sam Hird, my man of the match. Getting better and better.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012