Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:35:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The best thing about today was.......  (Read 2639 times)

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
The best thing about today was.......
« on February 27, 2010, 10:00:04 pm by SkellowRover »
Seeing Woods, martis & locky in the warm up. I hope Woodsy & Shelton are back for Brizzle next week.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

VikingJames

Re:The best thing about today was.......
« Reply #1 on February 27, 2010, 10:04:15 pm by VikingJames »
Trouble is, when Shelton comes back, who does Sean drop from the side?

I think Chambers, Jimmy, Ward and Robbo have done well on the whole, and I'd find it hard to drop any of them. It is a nice problem to have though, as we haven't had the luxury of having 5 quality defenders to choose from all season.

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 27, 2010, 10:14:37 pm by SkellowRover »
VikingJames wrote:

I think Chambers, Jimmy, Ward and Robbo have done well on the whole, and I'd find it hard to drop any of them. It is a nice problem to have though, as we haven't had the luxury of having 5 quality defenders to choose from all season.

Well for me it would be JoC at RFB and Chambo at LFB with Shelton & Ward in the middle. I know robbo has been playing well but i think the way JoC & Chambo played as full backs at swillsborough was the best ive seen all season in those positions.

ferribyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 27, 2010, 10:30:52 pm by ferribyrover »
VikingJames wrote:

Individually I thought they all did ok today, yet the defence as a unit looked insecure. Do we need a leader?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 28, 2010, 12:52:52 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Good point. With a good leader today we wouldn't have lost our shape in that critical 15 mins in second half.

Trouble is Sean didn't do anything about it until we'd conceeded. Woods could be the man although before he got injured I thought he was trying too hard to be the perfect leader, trying to lead by example and getting drawn in to silly fouls.

On the poistive side, with Woods, it will give Sean the option of pushing JET up front to support Billy.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 28, 2010, 08:15:21 pm by roversdude »
think it would have to be Gareth, he looks burdened with the extra responsibilty

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 01, 2010, 12:20:32 am by Mike_F »
I'd have to drop Chambo if anyone. C at right back links up excellently with Copps and Robbo has been consistently solid for us all season - not many times has he been MOM but he's always in the top three or four.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012