Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:43:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: SOD  (Read 1802 times)

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
SOD
« on February 28, 2010, 02:34:03 am by StocksArmy »
Now dont get me wrong this man is a Rovers legend. Althouh i would love to kmow why he keeps on stressing that the performnces are and i quote \"excellent\" when they clearly have not been. My question is, is he trying to get away from DRFC.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re:SOD
« Reply #1 on February 28, 2010, 08:32:17 am by RobTheRover »
Sean looks for different things in the game to the average fan, though.  If he sees effort and ball retention and players working to the gameplan (whatever that may be) he is delighted.  The result is almost a secondary consideration.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 28, 2010, 08:44:19 am by Al4475 »
I have to say, I take that stance too! Some of our performances this season have been excellent, I'd like us to win ugly occasionally, but I think SOD breeds and preaches football to his players in a way very much like I would. He is a dignified, gent, loyal, astute, eloquent and a damn good tactician - we are still punching way above our weight playing superb football for at least 45mins a game - if we managed 90, we would really be 'By far the greatest Team the World has Ever seen!' The only trouble for us is, our players are not the best in the world, but they all give it their best shot! We are dignified in defeat and not brash in winning - to become a good winner, you need to learn to be a good loser first!  

We currently have a diamond of a manager, and a set of players who believe in his philosophy, and that is fantastic! The stick that Mills and Wellens (and to a lesser extent Greeny) have been getting this season from fans of their current employers highlights this!

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 28, 2010, 10:35:30 am by wilts rover »
I would like to echo what Rob and Al have said, it is to do with his management style and relationship with players. I had to study managerial theory for my MA and am now required to apply it in my current job. I wont bore you with the details, but there are four main managerial styles, one of which is the shouty, critical one - best exemplified by Warnock and Ferguson, and then there is the supportive, analytical one practised by Sean. Comments like the one above are therefore aimed more at building trust with the players - than at you. You may not like it, but that's his style and that's the way it is. It is not true to say he is never critical as his comments after QPR and Leicester testify.

Personaly I would have thought that the constant critism of him by some sections of our support; the players he picks, the tactics, the booing, would have more of an influence as to whether he would be 'trying to get away'.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012