Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:18:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 17s to 20 s  (Read 1875 times)

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
17s to 20 s
« on February 28, 2010, 07:55:25 pm by watto-drfc »
i see that the club have introduced a season ticket at a reduction for 17 to 20 year olds. and it looks to me that people like me will be funding these cut price tickets.
Also i think the match day price is going up to £24 from £23.
full price £480 divided by 20 games = £24 (3 free games)
lots of clubs are feezing the prices.
why havn't we introduced a family area in the east stand to try and fill the ground?
we will struggle to sell 5000 next season.

sorry to say this but i won't be re newing i will pick my games.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

POD

• Forum Member
Re:17s to 20 s
« Reply #1 on February 28, 2010, 08:17:35 pm by POD »
At the end of last season my daughter wrote to John Ryan regarding her season ticket price which was set to rise from £60 as a 16 year old to £305 as a 17 year old for the same seat.   She made the point that she was still a school child with a limited income and could not afford the steep rise in price.

She didn't receive a reply and did not renew her season ticket.  It seems however, that someone at the club may well have taken note as at least there is some concession now for this age group.

You are correct that someone else has to pay, but I don't think a rise of £20 in the CAT A season ticket is too much to ask and I would prefer to have this \"in between\" price for 17-20 year olds as it is so easy to put off a supporter like my daughter with a ridiculous price rise such as described above.

I also have a 19 year old son who paid £305 for his season ticket last season as a student.  He was facing a rise to the adult price of £440 to sit in his chosen seat in the West Stand next season but now only has to find £200.

There will always be winners and losers in something like this, but I think the club has made the right decision by creating this particular category.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 28, 2010, 08:19:21 pm by MrFrost »
Look at the people in Cat C seats. Potentially facing a £150 increase if they don't renew in March.

Well out of order.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 28, 2010, 08:42:40 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
MrFrost wrote:
Look at the people in Cat C seats. Potentially facing a £150 increase if they don't renew in March.

Well out of order.

I heard the football league weren't too happy with our cheap pricing in this area.  Time for Gartom to do some digging as to why it's been scrapped.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 28, 2010, 10:35:53 pm by RoversAlias »
Yeah I'm happy with this as I was gonna be struggling to afford a season ticket this season with the big increase from U16s to Student, but still feel for my old man who now has to pay a fair bit more for his ST! This is a good step though, might get more teenagers through the gates.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012