Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:50:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Our club is good on the pitch, but off........  (Read 1789 times)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Our club is good on the pitch, but off........
« on February 28, 2010, 08:28:45 pm by MrFrost »
We leave a hell of a lot to be desired.

From our utterly sh!t matchday programme that can't even get team line ups right on the stats page to the fecking announcer at the games, everything about DRFC is a shambles off the pitch and its us, the fans that ultimately are picking up the cost of this.

For example:
Our last home game, against Crystal Palace, we had an excellent ticket offer for youngsters. Buy a cheap ticket from Moss Properties in the town centre. Problem. It is only valid with an adult ticket which is bought from the stadium which has a totally different seat number. Result: Tickets aren't seated together.

Why do things like this happen? If a trawl back over the last few years I bet I could find countless examples of school boy stuff like this going on.

Our marketing and advertising is about on par with your local old folks home. That is why crowds are suffering and DRFC have felt the need to hike up next years season tickets.

And when they don't get the 9000 season tickets or whatever they need to break even, we will have to deal with the sale of our best players to balance the books.

As much as I love JR and everything he has done for this club, I don't understand why we employ such an inept backroom team who can't market the club and make the right choices.

The problems are there for all to see. The website, the matchday programme. Shambles like the recent ticket offer.

Why can't this be changed?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Old Popsider

• VSC Member
Re:Our club is good on the pitch, but off........
« Reply #1 on February 28, 2010, 09:55:21 pm by Old Popsider »
These and other points about the ineptness of DRFC off field activities are stuff of legend.

There has not been a robust response from JR about these issues, and, frankly that in itself is worrying to me.

Is JR aware of these issues? If not why not?

On the other hand I am wondering if Gartom has raised the issues with JR. If not why not? If he has, then why haven't we had some response from JR/Gartom?

Perhaps the apathy from the DRFC about it's off field activities is being reflected in the current apathy from the fans and the resultant dwindling attendances.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 28, 2010, 10:06:01 pm by MrFrost »
The thing is, I only ever see Gartom posting on here as some kind of PR machine for the VSC. I've never met the guy so don't get me wrong, but when issues like this crop up, we have a bitch and moan about it on here, but does it ever get taken on board?

The problems we have have been evident from our Conference days. The team have moved on, sadly behind the scenes we haven't.

Old Popsider

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 28, 2010, 10:17:02 pm by Old Popsider »
I happen to know Gartom, Gareth, and know just how committed he is to both DRFC and VSC.

He is the perfect ambassador for the VSC. He does have health problems, which I'm not going into on this public forum, but he does not let them get in the way of his VSC role. He also holds down a full time job.

He will have noted the comments on here re the DRFC problems but it may take some time to raise them with JR , especially now that JR is non-domicile in England for much of the time.

Having said that, Gareth has been a little remiss in not just putting a little note on here to say what he's done about raising the issues with JR.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 28, 2010, 10:58:12 pm by MrFrost »
Rigo, as I have said, alot of these problems have been evident since our Conference days. They have been aired before, and nothing done. I think there the problem lies.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012