Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:07:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The recession and the way the club is run.  (Read 1399 times)

coventryrover

• Forum Member
The recession and the way the club is run.
« on February 28, 2010, 09:43:29 pm by coventryrover »
Watching championship football obviously means watching better players than l1, thus having to acquire  better players. This costs money, obviously.

Therefore our board have decided to meet the rise in costs by raising season tickets.  Its an obvious move that i felt coming but i believe our board could have bettered this decision with a little bit of imagination and following the lead of bradford and huddersfield.  What about pledging a season ticket price of 250 if 10000 pledge to buy season tickets?  Surely this would be better than the current total season ticket holders renewing or the expected fall in season ticket holders. If successful may lead to a fuller stadium.  Perhaps reducing away contingency to accomodate buy on the day rovers fans?

If this is a no go what about direct debit, mentioned in other threads? Signed a contract and pay a certain amount each month. If supporter defaults on payments then they pay the full price for games attended?

I am disappointment with our commercial dept and boards thought process more than anything. Many of us may want a new season ticket but giving people a month to get monies together is unjust, especially in these times.  Rovers may just suffer for this.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

5minstogo

• Forum Member
Re:The recession and the way the club is run.
« Reply #1 on February 28, 2010, 09:47:06 pm by 5minstogo »
coventryrover wrote:
Watching championship football obviously means watching better players than l1, thus having to acquire  better players. This costs money, obviously.

Therefore our board have decided to meet the rise in costs by raising season tickets.  Its an obvious move that i felt coming but i believe our board could have bettered this decision with a little bit of imagination and following the lead of bradford and huddersfield.  What about pledging a season ticket price of 250 if 10000 pledge to buy season tickets?  Surely this would be better than the current total season ticket holders renewing or the expected fall in season ticket holders. If successful may lead to a fuller stadium.  Perhaps reducing away contingency to accomodate buy on the day rovers fans?

If this is a no go what about direct debit, mentioned in other threads? Signed a contract and pay a certain amount each month. If supporter defaults on payments then they pay the full price for games attended?

I am disappointment with our commercial dept and boards thought process more than anything. Many of us may want a new season ticket but giving people a month to get monies together is unjust, especially in these times.  Rovers may just suffer for this.

This would be almost impossible to manage and legally a very tricky area. Arrears management and such like.  It would be much better if they provided a facility to save up for the following season, something which the Supporters Club facilitate I believe.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
Re:The recession and the way the club is run.
« Reply #2 on February 28, 2010, 09:52:56 pm by wilts rover »
As Bradford have been rubbish since bringing that offer in then probably not the best example to quote, but yes I agree that some sort of scheme ought to be trialled. Hopefully Gartom & the VSC will be able to put workable ideas forward.

The huge disadvantage we have compared to many other clubs is that we dont own our stadium and therefore are not able to maximise income from non-matchday sources to offset ticket price rises

TinyPortal © 2005-2012