Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:03:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: i hate to be negative but part 2  (Read 3655 times)

yapper1901

• Forum Member
i hate to be negative but part 2
« on March 18, 2010, 03:33:18 pm by yapper1901 »
we are four points off the playoffs
defiantly staying up next season

who cares if we lose every game between now and end of season, we have got to be hugely proud of the boys achievements and what they have done on such a tight budget

lets get behind the team, get everyone down Saturday and get the stadium rocking

and just maybe we may sneak into the playoffs and go up  
then I want sir john Ryan not to spend a single penny (except sharp, shackle, ward and oster)stick the full premship money in the bank and even if we get beat 4 - 5 nill every week get relegated

then the season after we build a real good team that is a top championship side and one that we can build on for the next two years

sorry for the long rant but come on as rovers fans we have never had it better and need to get behind our club even if they don't make the promise land

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Redandwhitewhizards

• Forum Member
Re:i hate to be negative but part 2
« Reply #1 on March 18, 2010, 04:06:07 pm by Redandwhitewhizards »
What a small time attitude.

Its a good job the players and management are far more forward thinking than some of our fans.

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 18, 2010, 05:35:25 pm by yapper1901 »
whats small time about it,

Redandwhitewhizards

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 18, 2010, 08:31:29 pm by Redandwhitewhizards »
Saying we should be happy with just surviving this season, saying you'd be happy if we were thumped week in week out in the Premiership.

I don't know about anyone else, but I want us to win EVERY game that we play.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 18, 2010, 09:00:28 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Redandwhitewhizards wrote:
Saying we should be happy with just surviving this season, saying you'd be happy if we were thumped week in week out in the Premiership.

I don't know about anyone else, but I want us to win EVERY game that we play.

You know, for me, a massive part of the drug that is being a Rovers fan is the anticipation of the next game.

Like the Blades this Saturday, big team in the Championship, and I'm definately fancying our chances.  I guess this sounds negative but, I can't imagine anticipating much other than defeat week in and week out in the prem.

Where's the fun in that.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 18, 2010, 09:35:25 pm by bobjimwilly »
I think the emphasis was on he wouldn't mind if we got thrashed every week. I agree. If someone offered premiership football to us right now, but the deal was we would get beaten every week, I would take it in a shot - the parachute payments for the next 3 seasons would be worth it.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 18, 2010, 10:09:44 pm by BobG »
yapper1901 wrote:

then I want sir john Ryan not to spend a single penny (except sharp, shackle, ward and oster)stick the full premship money in the bank and even if we get beat 4 - 5 nill every week get relegated /quote]

Hmmm. Sharp, Shackell Ward and Oster. Just how much of nothing d'you think those four will cost? Not forgetting it's not simply about the transfer fee of course.

Cheers

BobG

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 18, 2010, 11:58:06 pm by yapper1901 »
bobjimwilly wrote:
I think the emphasis was on he wouldn't mind if we got thrashed every week. I agree. If someone offered premiership football to us right now, but the deal was we would get beaten every week, I would take it in a shot - the parachute payments for the next 3 seasons would be worth it.

totally my point
dont get me wrong i would love for us to compete at premier leaugue i just think rather than waste all money we will get why not bank it stick with same squad we have and then the year after use the money to build a great team that will not only go up but will then be able to compete

my whole point to the sarcasim in the title was i read a post on here earlier today which was so negative and i was just trying to point out we as rovers fans have never had it so good and we have no reason to moan at anything

we should be enjoying because these sorts of oppurtunity dont come along that often especially on our wage bill, so lets get behind the club and use the the forum too

it the same when i listen to radio sheffield a caller today said he hopes we dont go up as we will get beat every week and i dont understand that logic as going we would get 90 million and this helps build for the next 10 years,and just one last point i think with the squad we have we could easily just finish outside the bottom 3

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 19, 2010, 12:01:11 am by yapper1901 »
BobG wrote:
yapper1901 wrote:

then I want sir john Ryan not to spend a single penny (except sharp, shackle, ward and oster)stick the full premship money in the bank and even if we get beat 4 - 5 nill every week get relegated /quote]

Hmmm. Sharp, Shackell Ward and Oster. Just how much of nothing d'you think those four will cost? Not forgetting it's not simply about the transfer fee of course.

Cheers

BobG

i think sharp 1 million shackell maybe the same, plus about 12000 per week then oster free so just wages i would say 10000 and ward would be same as oster

what i am saying is bank the money and compete with what we got dont end up like sheffield united go up spend all there money get reglegated then chaase the dream and end up 25 million in debt

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 19, 2010, 12:49:25 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Spot on.

I'm sure the first temptation is to take the money and run. Not quite that simple.

Yes, we would want to secure the services of Sharp, Shackell etc. But on what sort of contract and how much a week. No point bunging them on Lower Premiership wages on 4 year contracts !

How do you reward the contracted players for getting you there. A one off bonus ?

Do we use a fair proportion of the money to :-

a) Buy the Stadium
b) Increase Capacity
c) Improve training facilities
d) More money in to youth/scouting
e) Improve clubs support struture - Cheif exef, Marketing, Ticketing/Community work

The windfall of Premiership money has to be used to secure the long term future of the club, rather than be pissed away on overated players on stupid wages in the hope that we might establish ourselves as a Premiership club. If that means getting stuffed every week so be it !

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 19, 2010, 11:06:16 am by DearneValleyRover »
I think you will find that the Blades want £2m for Billy, Shack for £500,000 but it's wages. Sharp is on £10/12k pweek now so would be looking for £20k in the prem. Shack is on £7k pweek now so would want at least £12k. Wages would take most of the money gained by promotion.

irishcontingent

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 19, 2010, 11:33:57 am by irishcontingent »
DearneValleyRover wrote:
I think you will find that the Blades want £2m for Billy, Shack for £500,000 but it's wages. Sharp is on £10/12k pweek now so would be looking for £20k in the prem. Shack is on £7k pweek now so would want at least £12k. Wages would take most of the money gained by promotion.

Not sure how you make that out. if the wage bill at DRFC is 3.5 million and top earner on 5K a week then the reputed 60 million for premiership football at KMS would surely mean even at triple current structure ie 15K for top earner and total wage of 10.5 million would mean 6 season wages accounted for.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 19, 2010, 11:41:52 am by Wellred »
DonnyBazR0ver wrote:
Spot on.

I'm sure the first temptation is to take the money and run. Not quite that simple.

Yes, we would want to secure the services of Sharp, Shackell etc. But on what sort of contract and how much a week. No point bunging them on Lower Premiership wages on 4 year contracts !

How do you reward the contracted players for getting you there. A one off bonus ?

Do we use a fair proportion of the money to :-

a) Buy the Stadium
b) Increase Capacity
c) Improve training facilities
d) More money in to youth/scouting
e) Improve clubs support struture - Cheif exef, Marketing, Ticketing/Community work

The windfall of Premiership money has to be used to secure the long term future of the club, rather than be pissed away on overated players on stupid wages in the hope that we might establish ourselves as a Premiership club. If that means getting stuffed every week so be it !

You can't increase the capacity without buying the stadium.
If and its a big IF we ever do get the premiership, the priority would have to be buying the stadium from the council. If that was even ever a real possibility.
Without owning our own stadium we will never progress above upper/mid table CCC.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 19, 2010, 01:54:08 pm by DearneValleyRover »
irishcontingent wrote:
DearneValleyRover wrote:

Not sure how you make that out. if the wage bill at DRFC is 3.5 million and top earner on 5K a week then the reputed 60 million for premiership football at KMS would surely mean even at triple current structure ie 15K for top earner and total wage of 10.5 million would mean 6 season wages accounted for.

Every player would want higher wages couple that with bonuses and at least 2 year contracts plus transfer fees of new players and at least half the £60m has gone, 3 year salaries and £45m. Just my opinion.

irishcontingent

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 19, 2010, 02:25:30 pm by irishcontingent »
DearneValleyRover wrote:
irishcontingent wrote:
DearneValleyRover wrote:

Every player would want higher wages couple that with bonuses and at least 2 year contracts plus transfer fees of new players and at least half the £60m has gone, 3 year salaries and £45m. Just my opinion.

Thats a change of mind from you already. In your first post you said \"Wages\" would swollow up the money, now you throw in \"Transfer fees\" , but you still only come up with half the money available ( and by my reckoning you are spending 20 million on players ). That simply would not happen. Thats my opinion.

jmt

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 19, 2010, 04:45:41 pm by jmt »
pissing money away on players? when have you known sean do that?

the stadium is the problem, we would need about 5-10k extra seats.

i also think we need to look at reducing the away end, whilst we are in a playoff push
the more home fans we can pull in the better for the club.

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 19, 2010, 04:52:08 pm by yapper1901 »
your right there is no way sean will piss money away and also if the players want a big bump go play somewhere else i mean let billy go back to sheff utd and see how well he does in there shitty team, he will be happy with play in the big league and same goes for everyone else

there is no player bigger than the club

Redandwhitewhizards

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 19, 2010, 05:07:20 pm by Redandwhitewhizards »
jmt wrote:
pissing money away on players? when have you known sean do that?

the stadium is the problem, we would need about 5-10k extra seats.

i also think we need to look at reducing the away end, whilst we are in a playoff push
the more home fans we can pull in the better for the club.

Why? We can't fill the home ends as it is.

irishcontingent

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 19, 2010, 05:33:37 pm by irishcontingent »
Purely my perspective this. Many \"Floating\" fans dont like KMS ticketing system where you pay your dues and possibly end up sitting beside someone you would not wish to be near, whether that be kids, old dodders, women, BO sufferers or what. You cant change seat without the \"Steward Police\" swooping. It would make life much simpler for the likes of me if there was an area of 1000 seats where floaters could sit where they like, and move if desired. I somehow dont think i am alone in this matter.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012