Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:37:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Billy Ineligible to play v Sheff Utd??  (Read 2192 times)

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
Billy Ineligible to play v Sheff Utd??
« on March 18, 2010, 05:22:00 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Is this official or just lazy inaccurate reporting by The Free Press? As far as Im aware there may be someform of 'gentlemans agreement' for him not to play, but in now way do I believe he is actually ineligible??

If I was SOD Id be asking Billy if he WANTS to play on Saturday, if he does, he should start.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Superspy

• VSC Member
Re:Billy Ineligible to play v Sheff Utd??
« Reply #1 on March 18, 2010, 05:45:03 pm by Superspy »
nope, lazy journalism again, much like the article that said we hadnt wont at london road for 20 years, and the one from today that said we are hoping to \"repeat last seasons home win against sheff utd....\"

muppets.

The Dav

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 18, 2010, 05:55:13 pm by The Dav »
Yes, Sean was on Radio Dee Dah earlier, and to quote - Its a respect thing and I wouldnt be fair on either the club or the player and he is treating the situation as how he would expect to be treated himself !! Billy definately NOT PLAYING.

danrover82

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 18, 2010, 06:57:41 pm by danrover82 »
Bet Sharp is Gutted. His team or not, he loves to play and score goals. It should be a player decision for me :whistle:

redbrez

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 18, 2010, 07:24:41 pm by redbrez »
will be glad for billy to miss the game and he can come back fresh and ready to get some goals against newcastle, i think we will still win without billy. most managers would play billy every fan would play billy, but lets remember we have a man of integrity and we cant have it both ways IE he could of left us for burnley so lets remember we have the amazing one in charge....

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 18, 2010, 07:40:16 pm by Donnywolf »
Heres a question ....

As I dont take much notice of the Yellow Cards and the bans they attract who can answer this

5BS is showing as 4 Yellows in League games this season. So if he \"cant play\" v The Blades as a gentlemans agreement would he have been \"wise\" to pick up a yellow card to make it 5 in the appropriate game or games and serve a ban when he was not going to play anyway ?

As I say I know nothing of whether it is 5 or 6 Cards / when you get them / when you serve the ban. Just curious as he has presumably missed the boat anyway !

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 18, 2010, 07:47:38 pm by RoversAlias »
I was talking to my old man about this the other day-looking in the programme I noticed Chambers has six yellow cards in the league but has served no suspension. He reckons after a certain stage late in the season the count is reset to allow teams not to run out of players at crucial times. Anybody know if this is right?

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 18, 2010, 08:11:20 pm by Superspy »
they have changed the rules this season, im not exactly sure what the date is, but there is a cut off for the 5 yellows = 1 game ban. basically after this cut offit increases to 10 yellows :) we are already past the cut off as you can imagine :)

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 18, 2010, 08:28:56 pm by donnievic »
Cut off point was end of december for a ban for 5 yellows and now is 10 before a ban

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 18, 2010, 10:44:23 pm by Superspy »
redbrez wrote:
will be glad for billy to miss the game and he can come back fresh and ready to get some goals against newcastle, i think we will still win without billy. most managers would play billy every fan would play billy, but lets remember we have a man of integrity and we cant have it both ways IE he could of left us for burnley so lets remember we have the amazing one in charge....

less of the sweeping generalisations please, i would not play billy  :P

TinyPortal © 2005-2012