Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:21:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: So It Begins  (Read 3132 times)

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
So It Begins
« on March 19, 2010, 08:35:10 am by SkellowRover »
They can fook right off tbh, just hope JR or SOD come out soon and say he isn't going anywhere because i can't stand a few days like the whole Burnley fiasco again.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2898434/City-eye-ODriscoll.html

DONCASTER'S Sean O'Driscoll is among the contenders for the Bristol City job.

The Robins are looking for a new manager after parting company with Gary Johnson.

City chairman Steve Lansdown was impressed with O'Driscoll after Rovers won 5-2 at Ashton Gate earlier this month.

Bournemouth's Eddie Howe, former QPR boss Jim Magilton and ex-Hull chief Phil Brown are also in the running.

Johnson, in charge for 4½ years, departed after Tuesday's last-gasp 3-2 defeat at Plymouth. It meant City had won only twice in 12 league games, leaving them seven points above the drop zone.

Lansdown said: \"I'd like to place on record my thanks to Gary for the fantastic work he has done.

\"But results haven't gone well and it's been mutually agreed now is the right time for a change.\"

Johnson said: \"I leave Bristol City with fond memories but feel the time is right to move on to a new challenge.\"

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

jonrover

• Forum Member
Re:So It Begins
« Reply #1 on March 19, 2010, 09:29:32 am by jonrover »
SkellowRover wrote:
They can fook right off tbh, just hope JR or SOD come out soon and say he isn't going anywhere because i can't stand a few days like the whole Burnley fiasco again.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2898434/City-eye-ODriscoll.html

DONCASTER'S Sean O'Driscoll is among the contenders for the Bristol City job.

The Robins are looking for a new manager after parting company with Gary Johnson.

City chairman Steve Lansdown was impressed with O'Driscoll after Rovers won 5-2 at Ashton Gate earlier this month.

Bournemouth's Eddie Howe, former QPR boss Jim Magilton and ex-Hull chief Phil Brown are also in the running.

Johnson, in charge for 4½ years, departed after Tuesday's last-gasp 3-2 defeat at Plymouth. It meant City had won only twice in 12 league games, leaving them seven points above the drop zone.

Lansdown said: \"I'd like to place on record my thanks to Gary for the fantastic work he has done.

\"But results haven't gone well and it's been mutually agreed now is the right time for a change.\"

Johnson said: \"I leave Bristol City with fond memories but feel the time is right to move on to a new challenge.\"

He would be mad to even consider Bristol City considering our league position. I am under no illusions that he will most probably be poached within the next 12 months but it certainly won't be with them.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 19, 2010, 09:33:40 am by Thinwhiteduke »
Great...this speculation/ rumour pops up the day after I have renewed my season ticket!! Can I have my money back?? lol.  :laugh:   :laugh:

Like already mentioned, would be crazy to go there, certainly no better than us, and to be honest, I think this one is just poor media speculation/ guess work.

phil o sophical

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 19, 2010, 10:35:17 am by phil o sophical »
According to one city fan on their forum, we are the first \"little\" team he has seen to play them off the park and he thinks SOD would do well there!! God knows what people will think of us if the unthinkable happens and we reach the premiership. A pub team in the premiership, how very dare we

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 19, 2010, 01:19:15 pm by ScillyRover »
Odds on SOD now 5/2 with Curbishley 2/1 Fav.

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 19, 2010, 01:39:38 pm by scuzzer »
I agree that it looks a crackers move at present but what might make it seem more tempting is the ground redevelopment around the World Cup bid which they were part of.

Townender

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 19, 2010, 03:32:39 pm by Townender »
My money would be on Phil Brown.

Chrisd_123

« Reply #7 on March 19, 2010, 03:53:23 pm by Chrisd_123 »
If Burnley couldn't afford the fee for SOD then surely Bristol City wont be able to?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 19, 2010, 04:46:51 pm by RoversAlias »
There is absolutely no substance in this one. The Sun have no sources, no direct quotes, merely that the chairman allegedly was impressed with our performance...so he should be, we destroyed them.

I'm not expecting the great man to remain here forever, but when he does go it surely won't be to a side like Bristol City, who are not better than us in any way at this time.

danrover82

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 19, 2010, 05:17:37 pm by danrover82 »
oh yeah the Chairmen  being impressed by opposition managers, when they are played off the park.

Sounds kinda familiar, Ballmouth team with Stock and Hayter in beating Rovers 5-0? an unheard manager being poached soon after?

Lets hope history doesnt repeat.

Harrogate Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 19, 2010, 10:17:43 pm by Harrogate Rover »
Had a quick glimpse in a customers Daily Star. No mention of SOD. They name Brown, Curbishley and Burley. Then lower league boys Eddie Howe (Bournemouth) and Paul Tilsdale (Exeter).

gillinghamrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 19, 2010, 11:33:02 pm by gillinghamrover »
Unfortunatley from now and until SOD eventually does move on, he will be linked with all and sundry (as and when other managers lose their jobs)as \"that clubs next manager\". It`s a fact of life, just enjoy the ride while it lasts. :scarf:

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 20, 2010, 09:13:45 am by weststander »
If Sean were to move on it would be a serious blow, but there is also the chance that quite a few players might follow especially with so many being out of contract in the summer. After all he would need players that know the O'Driscoll way.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012