Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:08:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: JET.....lazy Kitson  (Read 10422 times)

Sif

• Forum Member
JET.....lazy Kitson
« on April 04, 2010, 01:53:38 am by Sif »
Discuss.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
Re:JET.....lazy cnut
« Reply #1 on April 04, 2010, 01:58:31 am by Snods Shinpad 2 »
Nah.

E iz jus chillin', innit.

Old Popsider

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 04, 2010, 02:47:37 am by Old Popsider »
Apparently Wenger has been farming him out in the hope that he will become a better player and get more involved in the play. I was talking to an Arsenal STH at work who works with a JET relation. JET has been bollocked several times by the coaching staff at Arsenal for not getting more involved in the play. JET doesn't like being talked to in what he considers a 'dissing' way, and gets the hump quite easily. Apparently he can be a mardy bugger very easily. Send him packing, and soon.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 04, 2010, 07:38:56 am by The Red Baron »
He's very good when he's on the ball but doesn't do nearly enough running off it for a side like us- or Arsenal. Still, I recall the same comments being made by Blackpool fans about him.

At the moment we haven't much choice but to play him, but maybe if we send him back to Arsenal a bit better player then it will pay dividends. A young Nicklas Bendtner type (only a better finisher!) on a season-long loan perhaps?

Shawndrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 04, 2010, 10:18:09 am by Shawndrfc »
i have to admit for a talented lad he is quite lazy. However hopefully SoD can change that in him.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 04, 2010, 01:09:43 pm by Superspy »
the important thing from my perspective is that he IS improving. he chased a couple of balls down yesterday that when he first came to the club....he wouldnt have even bothered trying.

TheRev

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 04, 2010, 01:39:13 pm by TheRev »
I'm not that impressed as of yet but he's young and has obviously got some talent.
My only issue is that he doesn't do enough of the basic things that we are all use to with a SOS team.

Maybe it will lead to something bigger and better coming from Arsenal next season.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 04, 2010, 01:49:29 pm by Wellred »
If we play tomorrow like we did yesterday it will certainly be a SOS team.:-)

TheRev

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 04, 2010, 01:53:01 pm by TheRev »
Very good - that's coz I've got fingers like Pig's T1ts today lol

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 04, 2010, 01:56:07 pm by Filo »
He`s lazy, he doesn`t fit into our work ethic, we carry him for 80% of the game in the hope that he can produce a bit of matchwinning magic. Unless he works harder he`s no chance of breaking into the Arsenal first team

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 04, 2010, 04:34:04 pm by i_ateallthepies »
It's a tricky one for SO'D.  If at nineteen he doesn't have the enthusiasm to chase everything, is he ever going to have it?  Enthusiasm isn't something that you train into somebody they've either got it or they haven't.  With yougsters it's usually the other side of the coin that you face, trying to direct their boundless energy and desire.

So what do you do if you're Sean O'Driscoll?  Stick with him and hope you can make something of him or send him packing and risk making him the last Arsenal loanee we ever see.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 04, 2010, 07:32:23 pm by Superspy »
i_ateallthepies wrote:
So what do you do if you're Sean O'Driscoll?  Stick with him and hope you can make something of him or send him packing and risk making him the last Arsenal loanee we ever see.

based entirely on the fact that our squad is obviously lacking at the moment, so playoffs more than likely will not happen, and we definitely arent going to go down, i say stick with him.

if this was at the start of the season and we were struggling for results i'd say drop him.

stockyboy

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 04, 2010, 09:48:21 pm by stockyboy »
I'm starting to lose sight as to where his talent and potential is. Yeah he scored that great goal against Derby, but since Peterborough he's been terrible, he looks like he can be quick just doesn't bother, he has got energy just doesn't want to use it and when he gets it doesn't want it pass it (like yesterday, in second half took a shot from out side box when gaz roberts was in space to his left)

TheRev

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 04, 2010, 10:56:07 pm by TheRev »
I remember Skellow Rover shouting down someone on here a week or so ago saying as we'd not seen all his games we were not able to comment.
Just out of interest I'd like to know SR's comments on JET now. Has his opinion changed at all on what we've seen?

TheRev

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 05, 2010, 05:11:34 pm by TheRev »
Yes he is!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 05, 2010, 06:58:23 pm by Filo »
Another top drawer lazy performance from him today and definitely not a team player!

Never make it in the Premiership!

TheRev

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 05, 2010, 09:56:09 pm by TheRev »
SkellowRover wrote:
Some idiot on the other thread called RedRockets who has hardly posted on here said JET has never had a good game for us. I had to put him right, he obviously is an amchair fan who just goes to \"big\" matches and has only seen him once (yesterday) and made his judgement on that, because he couldnt have been at Ashton Gate where JET ran the show and was even applauded off the pitch by the brizzle fans.

Well he's still only had one good game then.

Time to say to Arsene - Non merci.....

duggiesmyhero

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 05, 2010, 11:40:38 pm by duggiesmyhero »
I mentioned this after the barnsley game that  JET was a lazy sod only to be  told he's raw talent,hes young etc, cant comment on todays  game as had to work. No matter how good he can be when he can be botherd, as a team we can't carry someone who doesn't graft his pervebials off for 90 mins unlike Billy and James Hayter,. Like i said before time to send  him back.

Adam

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 05, 2010, 11:57:06 pm by Adam »
We need him to make up the numbers. We're struggling as it is.

Goldthorpe Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 06, 2010, 12:53:44 am by Goldthorpe Rover »
I have previously stated my concerns regarding his effort and commitment. I still have them. I would rather give Heffs a run out than keep this guy.

Old Popsider

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 06, 2010, 01:31:21 am by Old Popsider »
Adam wrote:

We don't need him making up numbers I'm afraid. He's a lazy, good for nothing liability. When the ball isn't coming his way he just ambles about the pitch, not putting in anywhere near enough effort or commitment into getting forward enough. It seems to me that he's just out to make up the numbers and take whatever he's being paid. Not good enough for DRFC.

Mind you, didn't someone once say that about Kevin Keegan when he trialed for us?! ;)

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 06, 2010, 08:39:43 am by CusworthRovers »
Sorry folks, have to disagree and agree in some parts.

IMO, JET is the most talented player at our club. There is only Copps that comes close.
I agree, I would be reluctant to play him, if we were in a relegation dogfight.

The frustration is him not getting in the game more. He's clearly not used to the responsibilities/system, and it might be we have to adjust slightly to accomodate him. He needs to shout, wave his arms and demand the ball. I would say when he has the ball it creates holy shit amongst the opposition.
Like yesterday, he does skills to get past players I have never seen at DRFC. He has a left foot shot to die for.

We are safe now, we were as good as safe when he came. I personally hope he's here for a full season for our next campaign. I think Sean will take us on further with players like this, plus others.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 06, 2010, 09:02:12 am by Filo »
CusworthRovers wrote:
Sorry folks, have to disagree and agree in some parts.

IMO, JET is the most talented player at our club. There is only Copps that comes close.
I agree, I would be reluctant to play him, if we were in a relegation dogfight.

The frustration is him not getting in the game more. He's clearly not used to the responsibilities/system, and it might be we have to adjust slightly to accomodate him. He needs to shout, wave his arms and demand the ball. I would say when he has the ball it creates holy shit amongst the opposition.
Like yesterday, he does skills to get past players I have never seen at DRFC. He has a left foot shot to die for.

We are safe now, we were as good as safe when he came. I personally hope he's here for a full season for our next campaign. I think Sean will take us on further with players like this, plus others.

You`ve been on the swamp juice again haven`t you?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 06, 2010, 10:05:44 am by wing commander »
We all thought Blackpool fans were a bit mad with there comments about Jet but in reality they are right.I have been told that Arsenal have sent him out on loan this season as they knew he doesnt get involved enough and have not been able to get through to him and they hoped these loans would do that..
   His early goals masked his real performance,he is not premier league class and nor will he ever be,Although he has talent you can almost see where his career will go Arsenal will run out of patience and he will be snapped up by a gratefull championship club and if he is not carefull and starts putting a shift in will find himself drifting down the leagues very fast...
  Personally i would have sent him back at the end of his first loan as he is draining the Rovers pot for no apparent benefit.I never moan at poor players who are trying hard,but JET will waste the talent given him..

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 06, 2010, 10:22:18 am by Wellred »
For those of you old enough to remember he is very similar to a player we had as a youngster at BV. He too was thought shite by most of our fans and when we sold him to Sheffield United they would have been very happy to have got a set of shirts for him never mind any money.
He later went on to play for England. (Brian Deane) so there is hope for the lad plus maybe it also shows what we know!

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 06, 2010, 10:51:36 am by Yargo »
Wellred wrote:
For those of you old enough to remember he is very similar to a player we had as a youngster at BV. He too was thought shite by most of our fans and when we sold him to Sheffield United they would have been very happy to have got a set of shirts for him never mind any money.
He later went on to play for England. (Brian Deane) so there is hope for the lad plus maybe it also shows what we know!

Absolute fanny,i used to watch BD when he played as a junior Rovers on Edlington welfare,the only thing JET has in common with him is his colour,BD was all over the pitch when in comparison

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 06, 2010, 11:06:06 am by Wellred »
The point I was trying to make was that Rovers supporters never rated Brian Deane.

Adam

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 06, 2010, 11:18:51 am by Adam »
Old Popsider wrote:
Adam wrote:

We don't need him making up numbers I'm afraid. He's a lazy, good for nothing liability. When the ball isn't coming his way he just ambles about the pitch, not putting in anywhere near enough effort or commitment into getting forward enough. It seems to me that he's just out to make up the numbers and take whatever he's being paid. Not good enough for DRFC.

Mind you, didn't someone once say that about Kevin Keegan when he trialed for us?! ;)

I'd rather have 6 subs than 5. We're struggling for numbers, JET has shown what he's capable enough on more than one occasion, he's just a raw talent that needs nurturing. Whether that be at his parent club or ours, I'm not too bothered but I'm happy to keep him because he's another option. Something we're running out of at the moment.

Same can be said about Mutch.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 06, 2010, 12:39:09 pm by RobTheRover »
Adam wrote:
I'd rather have 6 subs than 5. We're struggling for numbers, JET has shown what he's capable enough on more than one occasion, he's just a raw talent that needs nurturing. Whether that be at his parent club or ours, I'm not too bothered but I'm happy to keep him because he's another option. Something we're running out of at the moment.

Same can be said about Mutch.

Spot on, Adam.

Mutch and JET have some of the tools to be top players, but not all of them yet, which is why they are with us - for experience, to let SOD work a bit of his ways on them, and to develop in a different environment.  Calling them is harsh. OK, they can be frustrating, but its often because we have all become accustomed to the \"rovers machine\" working perfectly, and these guys are not yet perfect.

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on April 06, 2010, 12:47:44 pm by scuzzer »
Wellred wrote:
The point I was trying to make was that Rovers supporters never rated Brian Deane.

Hands up, i was one of them, me and my pal still talk of how we pi$$ed ourselves when we heard they were paying 40k for Deane and then looked on in amazement at what he went on to achieve.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012