Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:26:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: JET.....lazy Kitson  (Read 10424 times)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re:JET.....lazy cnut
« Reply #30 on April 06, 2010, 01:24:04 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I'd still sign JET on a season long next year.  He's got ability and will only get better.  SOD can mould him into a top player, just think how others have improved during their time here (Sharp, Coppinger, Woods, Stock, Oster) all shown quick improvement with long term here.  I'd like to see JET here longer.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 06, 2010, 02:58:10 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
CusworthRovers wrote:
Sorry folks, have to disagree and agree in some parts.

IMO, JET is the most talented player at our club. There is only Copps that comes close.
I agree, I would be reluctant to play him, if we were in a relegation dogfight.

The frustration is him not getting in the game more. He's clearly not used to the responsibilities/system, and it might be we have to adjust slightly to accomodate him. He needs to shout, wave his arms and demand the ball. I would say when he has the ball it creates holy shit amongst the opposition.
Like yesterday, he does skills to get past players I have never seen at DRFC. He has a left foot shot to die for.

We are safe now, we were as good as safe when he came. I personally hope he's here for a full season for our next campaign. I think Sean will take us on further with players like this, plus others.

Agreed.

He's a raw talent and plenty on here seem to want to throw him on the scrap heap - he aint a 34 year old in the final throes of his career you know.

Some players are blessed with fantastic skill that can turn a game in an instant, some with a fantastic workrate - rarely do you get both in one player. We are lucky we have been in a position where we can experiment with JET.

Give SOD/ ROK time and they'll get more 'teamwork ethic' out of him, because thats all thats missing.

Like BFYP above, I hope he's here next season, with one or two other talented Arsenal youngsters.

colfromdonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on April 06, 2010, 05:08:58 pm by colfromdonny »
He's got a nice car though. I saw a silver Bentley 555JET in the Blackpool car park so I'm guessing its his, not bad for a 19 year old.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on April 06, 2010, 05:58:44 pm by i_ateallthepies »
colfromdonny wrote:
He's got a nice car though. I saw a silver Bentley 555JET in the Blackpool car park so I'm guessing its his, not bad for a 19 year old.

I made the same mistake when I saw it pull up at the front of the Rovers club shop at 11:50 Sat' morning, until JR himself got out.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on April 06, 2010, 06:02:17 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Perhaps JR could flog him the plate about 1.5 million could buy us a pretty decent striker,  ;)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 06, 2010, 06:23:52 pm by wilts rover »
thinking of other players we have had who were talented but not exactly renowned for puting a shift in, one name comes to mind immediately, Colin Cramb. Never noticeably running when he could walk, the big difference between Cramey & JET being that when Cramb got the ball, inevitabley he would create something - either for himself or a teamate. I dont think Sean will be able to turn JET into Usian Bolt, Billy Sharp or even Brian Dean - but if he can get him to use his talent as well as Colin Cramb, he will definately be an assest to the team.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on April 06, 2010, 07:06:17 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I think we all agree about the raw talent.

One thing that all great footballers possess is a fantastic work rate. They all work their b*llocks off for their team.

There is no excuse for any footballer not to work hard. It's a lesson that he will have to take on board early  otherwise he will become an also ran before too long.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on April 06, 2010, 07:38:23 pm by Filo »
colfromdonny wrote:
He's got a McLaren F1 with a broken windscreen

VikingJames

« Reply #38 on April 06, 2010, 09:02:55 pm by VikingJames »
I think JET undoubtedly has bags and bags of talent. The thing that frustrates me with him is that he tries to do too much when he gets the ball. It's ok beating 2 players with fantastic skill, but if you get to the byline/into the penalty area and then give the ball away, the bit before where you beat 2 players has gone to waste, and that is the bit that I think SOD needs to coach into him while he is here.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 06, 2010, 09:08:58 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
DonnyBazR0ver wrote:

One thing that all great footballers possess is a fantastic work rate. They all work their b*llocks off for their team.

Would you have classed Lineker as a great footballer?

Personally I dont think Lineker worked his balls off for his teams...but great footballer nonetheless.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 06, 2010, 09:18:16 pm by wilts rover »
DonnyBazR0ver wrote:

Maradonna, Cantona and Glen Hoddle to name but two fat lazy b*****ds and one skinny one. The significant difference being that they all were GREAT footballers and JET has yet to prove himself in that league - or even the three divisions below it. The important thing for me is that there is potential for improvement with him, lets hope that we get the opportunity to benefit from that.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on April 06, 2010, 10:38:31 pm by BobG »
There's been plenty of supremely talented yet idle footballers over the years. Rodney Marsh, Stan Bowles (sometimes), Duncan Mackenzie, Matt LeTisssier to name only four. They all survived on their talent - and were worshipped by the fans of the teams they played for - even if it did not impress the really great sides and the England management. This JET character could be another one of those. What really struck me about him is the unbelievable difficulty opponents have in getting the ball off him when he's got it under control. Remember Derby? Three of 'em sinmply bounced off him on one occasion. He's never going to be a hard worker. It's not in his nature. So whether he succeeds or fails is down the coaching he gets and whether or not he listens to it. If SOD can make something of him, he'll have made a friend for life sown at the Emirates. That can't be bad for us can it? I'd stick with him - despite his really irritating attitude. He wouldn't make a championship winning side - but we're never going to be one of those are we? So stick with him, enjoy the occasional flash of brilliance and pray that SOD can get through to him. What's it going to cost us? Not very much really is it?

Cheers

BobG

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on April 06, 2010, 10:55:47 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
True, definitely 'work in progress'.

Some players mentioned worked harder than what they get credit for, it's just that they made it look easy. (Practice, practice, practice. The more you pactice the luckier you get)

JET could be on of the deceptive type players but you have to do the basics and as long as he wants to keep learning he'll be ok.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on April 07, 2010, 05:47:01 pm by Donnywolf »
Sif wrote:
Discuss.

Discussed I would say 42 posts not bad ... jusry still out ... 50/50 ok move on and let us reconvene in 2 years to see who was right !

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on April 10, 2010, 08:16:43 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
DonnyBazR0ver wrote:
True, definitely 'work in progress'.

Some players mentioned worked harder than what they get credit for, it's just that they made it look easy. (Practice, practice, practice. The more you pactice the luckier you get)

JET could be on of the deceptive type players but you have to do the basics and as long as he wants to keep learning he'll be ok.

Certainly gave more to the team today v WBA, was one of our better players as far as Im concerned.

Maybe the SOD/ROK magic is starting to work on JET already??

TheRev

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on April 10, 2010, 09:00:38 pm by TheRev »
In the first half he gave no cover to Chambers on number of occasions by not tracking back but in the second half he played much better.
Also thought his performance was a big improvement on recent showings. Keep it up lad.

ljm-drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on April 10, 2010, 09:08:00 pm by ljm-drfc »
He scored a good goal too. And his passing was impressive.

monkeytennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on April 10, 2010, 09:31:40 pm by monkeytennis »
Yep, definitely improved today and that goal was a pearler as well.

It's easy to see him as a bit lazy I think when you've got Chambers, Oster and O'Connor who work their collective nuts off every game.

I WOULD like to see what he can do when he really gets excited though! (Not gay)  :lol:

Adam

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on April 10, 2010, 10:46:24 pm by Adam »
Fickle bas**rds.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on April 11, 2010, 12:04:38 am by bobjimwilly »
still no sure what to say about JET. I thought he had a terrible game today, but then went and score a really nice goal. If he carries on playing shit and still scoring, would I have him in the team? YES. If he carries on and scores no more, bring back Lewis Guy!  ;)

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on April 25, 2010, 05:28:09 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
General opinion now?

Scored a great individual goal yesterday, and, shock horro, worked pretty hard - tracking back, covering for Copps a number of times when he was out of position.

Cant tackle for toffee, but he's putting the effort in and anyone would have been hard pushed to argue with his workrate yesterday. Scunny defence, as like many others, were scared stiff of him.

I hope Arsenal let us loan him again for next season - preferably a season long deal.

topnotch_Donny

« Reply #51 on April 25, 2010, 05:56:58 pm by topnotch_Donny »
When he gets the ball, he drags four or five of the opposition towards him then plays a simple pass. He really pulls defences apart. and he's awkward to handle as I am sure defenders don't know whether to man mark him or let him roam.

He's a dangerous player; shame people only notice his work ethic and not his actual attributes.

And five goals for us in a time were we are struggling to score, in all areas.

I say we should do what ever it takes to keep him.

Old Popsider

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on April 25, 2010, 08:53:17 pm by Old Popsider »
topnotch_Donny wrote:
When he gets the ball, he drags four or five of the opposition towards him then plays a simple pass. He really pulls defences apart. and he's awkward to handle as I am sure defenders don't know whether to man mark him or let him roam.

He's a dangerous player; shame people only notice his work ethic and not his actual attributes.

And five goals for us in a time were we are struggling to score, in all areas.

I say we should do what ever it takes to keep him.

He seems to have been working on his team play, one of my main criticisms earlier in this thread was that he didn't play as part of the team.

From what's been said elsewhere, perhaps now he's had a while training under the SO'D ethics of football, he might be getting more team orientated rather than just a one man band. If so, and his strike rate stays good and improves, then opinion could be swayed and he be given a chance for full pre-season training with SO'D & RO'K and the rest of the team. Then play him and see what happens.

Subject to Mr. Wenger's approval Rovers could take him on a season long loan maybe.  After all, Arsenal of the South do have a huge pool of players to choose from and maybe it may be beneficial for both clubs to have JET here to help improve his all round abilities. And of course Rovers benefit from a pairing of JET and Billy (if we can get him here permanently that is.)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on April 25, 2010, 09:15:00 pm by hoolahoop »
Lazy not, perhaps a little relaxed at times but we can work on him during the close season if we get the chance.
Some need a new no.1 enemy now that Guy is on his way, others think he is potentially a very good player.........I am in the latter camp.

Old Popsider

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on April 25, 2010, 09:25:10 pm by Old Popsider »
hoolahoop wrote:
Lazy not, perhaps a little relaxed at times but we can work on him during the close season if we get the chance.
Some need a new no.1 enemy now that Guy is on his way, others think he is potentially a very good player.........I am in the latter camp.

A little too relaxed for my liking at times. As you say and I've already said, given the chance our coaches should be able to mould him into an asset for the team.

And what's 'camping' got to do with it eh?.....:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

topnotch_Donny

« Reply #55 on April 25, 2010, 09:32:11 pm by topnotch_Donny »
Old Popsider wrote:
hoolahoop wrote:

A little too relaxed for my liking at times. As you say and I've already said, given the chance our coaches should be able to mould him into an asset for the team.

Or maybe he can teach our coaches a thing or two? Its not all about tracking back and getting behind the ball, when you are lethal where it matters.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on April 25, 2010, 09:48:07 pm by hoolahoop »
topnotch_Donny wrote:
Old Popsider wrote:
hoolahoop wrote:

Or maybe he can teach our coaches a thing or two? Its not all about tracking back and getting behind the ball, when you are lethal where it matters.

Excellent point, to do the unexpected and moreover direct thing is not the usual thing you first think of when you think of our playing style, perhaps you are right.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on April 25, 2010, 10:54:57 pm by RoversAlias »
I'd say he has proven wrong everyone who said he doesn't work hard now. He's clearly worked on his effort in games, he even goes up or headers most of the time too.

He is a brilliant player with the ball at his feet, can make great things out of absolutely nothing. I hope he comes back here next season.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on April 26, 2010, 12:01:50 am by bobjimwilly »
RoversAlias wrote:
I'd say he has proven wrong everyone who said he doesn't work hard now. He's clearly worked on his effort in games, he even goes up or headers most of the time too.

He is a brilliant player with the ball at his feet, can make great things out of absolutely nothing. I hope he comes back here next season.

I wouldn't say he's proved everyone wrong - until yesterday he has been the laziest player on the pitch. What I would say he had definately improved in that aspect and it showed yesterday.

And no-one really doubted his unbelievable tekkers  :P

TinyPortal © 2005-2012