Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:49:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The VSC Flyer for the Scunthorpe game  (Read 8723 times)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
The VSC Flyer for the Scunthorpe game
« on April 19, 2010, 12:40:45 pm by RobTheRover »
The flyers, first suggested in this thread, are now in my possession, and very nice they look too!

I have 2500 of them to distribute, and shall be in contact via PM with those who volunteered to take a handful and post through letterboxes in their areas.  

If anyone else is able to volunteer an hour or so, now is the time to make yourselves known.  Add your details to this thread, please, and I shall be in touch.  

If anyone has kids who have a paper round, could they volunteer them up?  If anyone delivers Yellow Pages, Bettaware, etc, could you take some too?

Cheers

Rob

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
Re:The VSC Flyer for the Scunthorpe game
« Reply #1 on April 19, 2010, 01:09:12 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
Nice one Rob! I hope they look OK. Any problems with printing? Maybe you could hang onto one of them, so I can have a gander sometime.

I've attached the flyer below, so people can send them out via email, or post it on message boards, facebook or wherever.

Volunteers needed for this too..it's just a few mouse clicks and we could reach alot of people.

I think Cussys idea of sticking them up in public places is good. Libraries, pubs, youth clubs, hospitals etc etc.

*click on pic to enlarge

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 19, 2010, 01:11:35 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Replied.

Needless to say I can still lend a hand.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 19, 2010, 08:13:12 pm by RobTheRover »
Snods Shinpad wrote:
Nice one Rob! I hope they look OK. Any problems with printing? Maybe you could hang onto one of them, so I can have a gander sometime.

PM me an address, mate, and I'll send a few out to you.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 19, 2010, 10:32:07 pm by roversontheup »
Bit new to this so not sure how I get the posters.  I live in Branton and can spare an hour on Wednesday evening to post some in this area.  If anyone else is doing Branton I can go to another area we havent covered.  Just let me know what you need from me.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 19, 2010, 10:54:19 pm by RobTheRover »
PM sent to you, roversontheup.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 20, 2010, 08:19:49 am by roversontheup »
PM replied to Rob

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 20, 2010, 08:36:54 am by Thinwhiteduke »
If these turn out to be a success, and we carry it on into next season, maybe we should be including a VSC membership form with each flyer eh??  ;)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 20, 2010, 12:13:21 pm by RobTheRover »
We can always print more info on the back of them....

The Mighty Brian Rowe

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 20, 2010, 07:32:46 pm by The Mighty Brian Rowe »
Rob, I could potentially do you 100 around Epworth, might even convert a few of the inbreds.

I work in Donny centre so could easily collect some if you have some left.

Chris.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 21, 2010, 01:14:19 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Rob.

Dont know if you have had any other feedback but I got out last night/ this morning dishing these fliers out.

The response in the Bentley area has been tremendous, Shops businesses have been more than willing to advertise and have mentioned they are more than willing to display future efforts. The Post Office in particular has mentioned how they are always keen to promote Rovers and have asked for stuff from the Club in the past to be met by deaf ears.

I seem to have sold five tickets I know of already just from people who were blissfully unaware that we were playing Scunny this Saturday until I was persuading the chap in the newsagents to have a handful of fliers on his counter/ a couple in his window.

The Taxi rank has them, the Library has them, most of the shops have them....and this evening the rest will be dished out to residences.

Im really impressed by the positive take up and response. Good ideas go a long way.

topnotch_Donny

« Reply #11 on April 21, 2010, 06:21:59 pm by topnotch_Donny »
Good work lads ;)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 21, 2010, 06:25:12 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
What a great idea this is.  Let's hope it has a big impact and the club take notice.

topnotch_Donny

« Reply #13 on April 21, 2010, 06:26:15 pm by topnotch_Donny »
Snods Shinpad wrote:

I've attached the flyer below, so people can send them out via email, or post it on message boards, facebook or wherever.

Volunteers needed for this too..it's just a few mouse clicks and we could reach alot of people.

I think Cussys idea of sticking them up in public places is good. Libraries, pubs, youth clubs, hospitals etc etc.

*click on pic to enlarge

How did i miss this? I didn't think there was any images up yet hence my last post :laugh:

VikingJames

« Reply #14 on April 21, 2010, 07:12:58 pm by VikingJames »
Just about sums it up that it has got to a point where the fans are having to advertise the matches instead of the club.

Good work though guys. I'm confident that things like this can make a big difference to developing interest from the folk of Doncaster in its football team.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 21, 2010, 09:10:08 pm by BobG »
Bloody TREMENDOUS! Well done TWD. Well done Snods Shinpad for the design. Well done Rob and everyone for the organising. A stunning effort. Well impressed.

Cheers

BobG

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 21, 2010, 10:23:03 pm by RobTheRover »
A big THANK YOU to all the volunteers who have given their time to distribute these.  I still have about 5-600 left (LesOnTheWest is picking a couple of hundred up in the morning), so if anyone has any ideas for last minute distribution, shout out.

Ideas so far have been :

posting through local letterboxes
posties sticking them through letterboxes with the normal mail
on the bar in pubs and clubs
on the counter in newsagents, local shops, etc
stuck on car windscreens in car parks, yorkshire outlet, etc.
paperboys/girls slip them inside newspaper deliveries

Any more for any more?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 21, 2010, 10:29:59 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Not sure if it's possible but persuading schoolteachers to pass a few onto kids would work.  Not  entirely ethical and might not even be legal, but it makes the kids aware and then they might be able to force it onto parents.  I told one of the young lads at the school I work at about this Saturday's match, he's now going.

topnotch_Donny

« Reply #18 on April 21, 2010, 10:37:13 pm by topnotch_Donny »
RobTheRover wrote:
A big THANK YOU to all the volunteers who have given their time to distribute these.  I still have about 5-600 left (LesOnTheWest is picking a couple of hundred up in the morning), so if anyone has any ideas for last minute distribution, shout out.

Ideas so far have been :

posting through local letterboxes
posties sticking them through letterboxes with the normal mail
on the bar in pubs and clubs
on the counter in newsagents, local shops, etc
stuck on car windscreens in car parks, yorkshire outlet, etc.
paperboys/girls slip them inside newspaper deliveries

Any more for any more?

Keep on doing it for a few month, then shame the club and hope they take note and start doing something positive.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 21, 2010, 10:46:33 pm by RobTheRover »
But, its not about shaming the club, its about helping the club.  This is a proof of concept that given the right medium and the right conditions, the fans can help pull in more fans.

If, by us doing all this, just 20 extra tickets are sold, then over a thousand quid goes into the club's coffers in return for fifty quid outlay and lots of goodwill from fans.  That's a great return on investment, and I suspect given the penetration achievable with 2500 flyers that 20 extra sales is an extremely conservative estimate.  Sounds like TWD's efforts could top that alone (well done, Dave)

JR has on occasion criticised the Doncastrian public for not coming out and supporting the club.  This puts the weekend's game on more people's radar so can only be a good thing.

VikingJames

« Reply #20 on April 21, 2010, 11:12:44 pm by VikingJames »
Not sure if it has been mentioned, but perhaps a similar idea could be put into place to try and flog some more season tickets?

I don't know if the club has already done this, because being an existing STH I just get the usual renewal stuff, but if the flyers are successful in recruiting some extra fans for the Scunny game, then it may just work to get a few more bums on seats for all 23 home games next season?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 21, 2010, 11:21:40 pm by RobTheRover »
Yep, a ST promotion could work well too.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 22, 2010, 03:16:59 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
You could approach Vue Cinema with some Rob? They usually seem to be quite accomodating for such things.

Pretty local to The Keepmoat as well??

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 22, 2010, 08:59:01 pm by roversontheup »
I got Post Office in Branton to have some on their counter and also put them in the newspapers.  The rest I posted through letterboxes.  Other ideas if we can do it are:
put them in papers sold in ASDA, TESCO etc.  
Put them in supermarket trolleys and baskets

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 22, 2010, 09:02:15 pm by roversontheup »
I got Post Office in Branton to have some on their counter and also put them in the newspapers.  The rest I posted through letterboxes.  Other ideas if we can do it are:
put them in papers sold in ASDA, TESCO etc.  
Put them in supermarket trolleys and baskets

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on April 22, 2010, 09:03:47 pm by roversontheup »
such good ideas I thought I would say em twice!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on April 22, 2010, 11:47:54 pm by RobTheRover »
Got about 500 left, mate, but not sure how much more we could do in the time left.  It really has been a super effort from everyone.  Many thanks to all, once again.

topnotch_Donny

« Reply #27 on April 23, 2010, 12:01:05 am by topnotch_Donny »
RobTheRover wrote:
Got about 500 left, mate, but not sure how much more we could do in the time left.  It really has been a super effort from everyone.  Many thanks to all, once again.

Are you ticking off the streets and establishments covered, so you can reach a wider audience if you only distribute 2.500.

You dont want to double post next time you decide to send fleyers...infact you should try and hit out of town areas such as Wakefield and Castleford.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 23, 2010, 12:10:30 am by RobTheRover »
I've been careful that there is no doubling up in distributing to the same areas.

Areas covered are :

Bentley
Arksey
Scawsby
Cusworth
Cantley
Townfields
Belle Vue
Branton

Plus numerous shops, post offices, pubs, etc.

Remember, this is a proof of concept.  If this works and we see a noticable swell of late ticket sales/on the day sales, then we could do this on a regular basis (with the goodwill of those involved in distribution).  Of course, if half of those registered on here voluteered, we would all only have 5 flyers each to hand out!

Edit : Oh, and I put one on every car windscreen in the car park at the PowerLeague football centre in Barnsley tonight before I played my game there.  Might as well let the dingles know what they are missing out on! lol

topnotch_Donny

« Reply #29 on April 23, 2010, 12:23:55 am by topnotch_Donny »
RobTheRover wrote:
I've been careful that there is no doubling up in distributing to the same areas.

Areas covered are :

Bentley
Arksey
Scawsby
Cusworth
Cantley
Townfields
Belle Vue
Branton

Plus numerous shops, post offices, pubs, etc.

Remember, this is a proof of concept.  If this works and we see a noticable swell of late ticket sales/on the day sales, then we could do this on a regular basis (with the goodwill of those involved in distribution).  Of course, if half of those registered on here voluteered, we would all only have 5 flyers each to hand out!

Edit : Oh, and I put one on every car windscreen in the car park at the PowerLeague football centre in Barnsley tonight before I played my game there.  Might as well let the dingles know what they are missing out on! lol

Good work; however, if you can distribute 2-3k...why cant the club distribute 290 thousand and target the whole borough?

Also, the club should distribute a sort of advertiser. A rovers paper through the door every month or so, with tokens to get a discount on match day tickets.

Why aren't the club doing owt, but the good people here are?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012