Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 06:50:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The VSC Flyer for the Scunthorpe game  (Read 8709 times)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re:The VSC Flyer for the Scunthorpe game
« Reply #30 on April 23, 2010, 07:30:42 am by RobTheRover »
All good ideas.  We are doinf this purely because we can and want to.  Why the club dont, well thats a question to them, but we shall have to see how effective this trial is first I guess.

The VSC members have always had a \"can do\" attitude to helping out, and long may that continue.  Sometimes the ideas that come from the members and users of this board are the most effective.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on April 23, 2010, 02:43:22 pm by eastender »
RobTheRover wrote:

If, by us doing all this, just 20 extra tickets are sold, then over a thousand quid goes into the club's coffers in return for fifty quid outlay and lots of goodwill from fans.  That's a great return on investment.

Bl@@dy hell that's a fantastic return on investment at fifty quid a ticket, I'm glad i renewed at the early bird price. ;)

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on April 23, 2010, 03:13:44 pm by Lesonthewest »
RobTheRover wrote:
I've been careful that there is no doubling up in distributing to the same areas.

Areas covered are :

Bentley
Arksey
Scawsby
Cusworth
Cantley
Townfields
Belle Vue
Branton

Plus numerous shops, post offices, pubs, etc.

Remember, this is a proof of concept.  If this works and we see a noticable swell of late ticket sales/on the day sales, then we could do this on a regular basis (with the goodwill of those involved in distribution).  Of course, if half of those registered on here voluteered, we would all only have 5 flyers each to hand out!

Edit : Oh, and I put one on every car windscreen in the car park at the PowerLeague football centre in Barnsley tonight before I played my game there.  Might as well let the dingles know what they are missing out on! lol

Add around 40 or so in Thorne/Moorends to that list Rob, there is a big catchment area there to go at.

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 24, 2010, 02:23:40 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
Ticket Sales 10011 + 1887

11898 sold to date with 45 minutes to kick off.

I could be wrong but I think this is the second highest sales figure for home fans of the season, only beaten by the Newcastle game.

I guess there is no way of knowing how many went as a result of the flyer, but you can't argue with over 10k home fans for only the second time this season.

Old Popsider

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on April 24, 2010, 03:40:45 pm by Old Popsider »
Lesonthewest wrote:
RobTheRover wrote:
I've been careful that there is no doubling up in distributing to the same areas.

Areas covered are :

Bentley
Arksey
Scawsby
Cusworth
Cantley
Townfields
Belle Vue
Branton

Plus numerous shops, post offices, pubs, etc.

Remember, this is a proof of concept.  If this works and we see a noticable swell of late ticket sales/on the day sales, then we could do this on a regular basis (with the goodwill of those involved in distribution).  Of course, if half of those registered on here voluteered, we would all only have 5 flyers each to hand out!

Edit : Oh, and I put one on every car windscreen in the car park at the PowerLeague football centre in Barnsley tonight before I played my game there.  Might as well let the dingles know what they are missing out on! lol

Add around 40 or so in Thorne/Moorends to that list Rob, there is a big catchment area there to go at.

How about a cheeky load in the land of the former great club of Europe - Leeds?  :laugh:  :laugh:

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 24, 2010, 05:43:27 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
Attendance:

+1980

I think that is roughly 700-800 home fans above average.  

Last season it seems that an extra 383 people attended because it was the last game, if you compare it with the Preston game the week before that who had a similar away following to Palace.

It was a local derby today though so comparisons are difficult.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 25, 2010, 12:36:07 am by MrFrost »
Not been looking on the forum much recently, but I have to say well done for the proactive approach to this.

Has anyone seen the free magazine that comes through the letterbox, Doncaster Most Wanted? They also do leaflet drops with their mag. They deliver to 80k households. Now this might be a bit too much for the VSC to print that many leaflets, but is it something the club could look at doing.

Its all about marketing the club. Do it the right way and JR will have the stadium packed every week. On today's evidence, it looks as though these fliers have had a positive effect.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on April 25, 2010, 01:39:29 am by RobTheRover »
Good point, Mr Frost, but I suggest the real value in this is NOT doing it for every match.  Using it as a \"matter of routine\" will dilute its effectiveness (which the evidence of today's attandance would suggest was quite high, maybe coupled with the good weather and the local derby factor).

all in all, I'm satisfied that the flyers worked very well and paid for them selves many times over in ticket sales.  As you all know, the funds raised by the VSC go to the club, so \"investing\" £50 like this every now and again is a real win-win, and who knows - some of those who came today for the first time (or the first time in a while) on the strength of having the flyer placed under their noses might turn out to be regulars next season.  The £50 which keeps on giving.

Thanks to eastender for pointing out my little faux pas with the maths - no wonder my projects at work always come in under budget with over-estimation like that! lol

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 26, 2010, 10:40:34 am by River Don »
One thing is for sure, we certainly picked the right match to promote! Nice weather, lots of goals and plenty of incident.

It's difficult to judge how much of a success the leaflet really was,  it was a derby, it was a nice day... But if anyone did decided to attend having seen the flyer they certainly wouldn't have come away disappointed.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on April 26, 2010, 11:02:02 am by graingrover »
congratulations Rob for this brilliantly effective action. I do believe Post Offices , bus companies and other appropriate retail outlets where 'footfall' is high , should be provided with the material for EVERY home game..... even if you do not using  mailing for all games. This is probably the most effective way fans on here can help the club , by identifying appropriate outlets in their own neck of the woods.
 I was struck how many young families there were in East stand on Saturday ...kids are likely to remind their parents of an upcoming match if they see these flyers!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on April 26, 2010, 11:24:08 am by RobTheRover »
Thanks Brian.

JR was certainly delighted, and wants to thank those involved in flyer production and distribution personally.  PMs sent to those forum members with further details.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on April 26, 2010, 03:53:47 pm by Filo »
RobTheRover wrote:
Thanks Brian.

JR was certainly delighted, and wants to thank those involved in flyer production and distribution personally.  PMs sent to those forum members with further details.

f**king hell, you`re all going to get free breast enhancements, botox and liposuction!  :laugh:

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on April 26, 2010, 04:32:27 pm by RobTheRover »
I dont need the breast enhancements.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on April 26, 2010, 04:36:03 pm by Filo »
RobTheRover wrote:
I dont need the breast enhancements.

Just an uplift then  :laugh:

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on April 26, 2010, 10:08:10 pm by BobG »
Just a thought. Anyone know when, if, the CRM system is actually going to do something?

It ought to have a database of maybe 30,000 names and email addresses by now. Even better, they've all shown interest in the Rovers. Just what the chuff do that lot do all day long?

I've not had a single mail for months and months and months now.

Cheers

BobG

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on April 26, 2010, 10:12:07 pm by Filo »
BobG wrote:
Just a thought. Anyone know when, if, the CRM system is actually going to do something?

It ought to have a database of maybe 30,000 names and email addresses by now. Even better, they've all shown interest in the Rovers. Just what the chuff do that lot do all day long?

I've not had a single mail for months and months and months now.

Cheers

BobG

Yes I think the VSC should be pushing the CRM system and making sure we utilise it to it`s full potential, even if it means someone from the VSC administering the system

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on April 26, 2010, 10:25:25 pm by RobTheRover »
Its on my list of things to mention tomorrow at the sponsors event.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on April 26, 2010, 10:25:25 pm by BobG »
It's been a total aste of JR's money so far. About time it started to pay for itself. In fact, the more I think about it, the more annoyed I am becoming. One ticket sold isn't in the same league as the headline grabbing 200 grand sponsorship deal, But f**k me, 1000 tckets sold for 23 matches is almost half a sodding million.

I despair sometimes. I really do. Wonder if they'd take me on, expenses only, when I decide to retire?

Cheers

BobG

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on April 26, 2010, 10:26:34 pm by RobTheRover »
Can you retire soon please, Bob? ;-)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on April 26, 2010, 10:32:58 pm by Filo »
RobTheRover wrote:
Its on my list of things to mention tomorrow at the sponsors event.

Well the flyers idea showed that the fans are prepared to go the extra mile for free, so it`s about time the marketing team earned their wages. There`s plenty of people like me that would love a job like they`ve got, come to think of it, that may be the problem, the marketing team are not fans, they don`t care do they, as long as they pick their wages up

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on April 26, 2010, 10:37:08 pm by RobTheRover »
But maybe fans couldnt make the cold decisions which sometimes have to be made.  Its swings and roundabouts.

The ideal is for the club and the fans to work together.  Those linkages do exist now, but further work needs to be done to strengthen them.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on April 26, 2010, 11:03:26 pm by BobG »
RobTheRover wrote:
Can you retire soon please, Bob? ;-)

If I could afford it, I'd retire right now Rob!

I'll let you know when that happy day dawns.

Cheers

BobG

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on April 26, 2010, 11:46:11 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
The ideal is for the club and the fans to work together

We've been saying this for a while. The club (JR) can't fail to be impressed by the flyer and what fan power can do.

It's about time the club harness the energy and enthusiasm in a more formal way and plan a summer of promotional activities in the run up to the new season.

Once it is found there is a major shortfall in ST renewals at the early bird deadline, perhaps you good folk could start off by suggesting:-

1. the scrapping of the ridiculous additional price rises, especially as the club does not offer easy payment terms and, as there has been no promoting of ST to the general public (apart from ONE edition of the Free Press).

2. Determine a sensible target for ST sales.

3. Agree a plan of how to achieve those sales.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on April 27, 2010, 12:20:32 am by eastender »
DonnyBazR0ver wrote:

1. the scrapping of the ridiculous additional price rises, especially as the club does not offer easy payment terms and, as there has been no promoting of ST to the general public (apart from ONE edition of the Free Press).

They are advertised regularly on Trax FM.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on April 27, 2010, 12:29:27 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
So they should be. What time ? I'll have a listen.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on April 27, 2010, 12:44:29 am by eastender »
DonnyBazR0ver wrote:
So they should be. What time ? I'll have a listen.

Well i was on nights last week and  heard it at regular intervals all week,but must confess i listen to very little radio at home and don't have the radio on when working day's and afters.

Having said that ,i'm sure if it's on at night it must be on during the day.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on April 27, 2010, 08:31:14 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
eastender wrote:
DonnyBazR0ver wrote:

They are advertised regularly on Trax FM.

Hallam FM also.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012