Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:27:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Martis  (Read 2963 times)

I-was-there1976

Martis
« on April 24, 2010, 04:19:28 pm by I-was-there1976 »
blooper time

sell him on, lol

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
Re:Martis
« Reply #1 on April 24, 2010, 04:20:46 pm by ScillyRover »
mistake machine

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 24, 2010, 04:51:03 pm by ScillyRover »
Match Winner !! :laugh:  :laugh:

I-was-there1976

« Reply #3 on April 24, 2010, 04:52:05 pm by I-was-there1976 »
bonanza time

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 24, 2010, 05:36:21 pm by Filo »
To be fair to Shelton, he should have never been anywhere near the ball. That goal came from our famous wasted free kicks, the ball should have been in the Scunny box

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 24, 2010, 06:15:35 pm by goalkick »
spot on filo,how often do we just tap the ball and lose it.happened several times today,

washyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 24, 2010, 07:02:23 pm by washyrover »
Needs pre-season training with us and i think we will see a very good player next season.

snods big brother

« Reply #7 on April 24, 2010, 07:52:24 pm by snods big brother »
washyrover wrote:
Needs pre-season training with us and i think we will see a very good player next season.

Lets hope so cos on todays showing he is a waste of money - there again I don't think anyone in the back 4 has a lot to shout about today!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 24, 2010, 08:12:03 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
That goal came from our famous wasted free kicks, the ball should have been in the Scunny box

I'm surpised we don't take short penalties !

Beggars belief that we refuse opportunities to deliver the ball in to the danger area. Only a couple of games ago, Plymouth, who were a pisspoor team did just that and scored a winner.

At least we did play a few traditional corners in to the box and blow me, we scored.

The sooner O'Driscoll sorts it out the better.

I think Martis' confidence is low but with a full pre-season behind him and, with an able partner, I'm sure he'll be ok.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 24, 2010, 08:19:05 pm by hoolahoop »
He scares me to death when he gets anywhere near the ball, especiually when he has loads of time to really fook it up. Tbf the back 4 were all poor today especially JO'C by his usual standards

BLIR

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 24, 2010, 08:28:57 pm by BLIR »
Martis is is case of WYSIWYG for me - he'll give 100% every game, be effective most of the time but is prone to catastrophic cock ups.

I thought he was ok today, he get's stuck in and puts his body on the line but panics with the ball at his feet - passing square to Sam Hird who is largely of the same ilk (apart from the sublime pass for the goal).

He meets most ariel balls and will roughly handle the opposition who won't want to play against him, but I fear his disciplinary record going forward isn't going to be pretty

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 24, 2010, 09:21:16 pm by SkellowRover »
Sad to say but the defence doesn't look anywhere near as solid without JoC in the center.

The_Rooky

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 24, 2010, 09:34:25 pm by The_Rooky »
SkellowRover wrote:
Sad to say but the defence doesn't look anywhere near as solid without JoC in the center.

...completely agree with that.  In fact I'd go as far as saying that JOC didn't look anywhere near as solid away from the centre of defence.  But hay-ho, I'd take a 4-3 win any day of the week.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 25, 2010, 12:11:09 am by Alan Southstand »
The truth of the matter is simply that we have missed Shackell since his injury. He is a 'must have' for next season, along with the likes of Billy. I think the pairing of Sam/Martis should never have been put together in the first place, as neither one of them are organisers. The defending, at times, today was comic book and I agree with the manager, if we'd played like that all season, we would have been relegated. It was obviously a game with nothing at stake, but for local pride.

A shame Oster was injured in the warm up, as I thought we missed his guile throughout, however on the flip side (and I never thought I'd ever be writing this) I thought Wilson had one of the best games he's ever had for us!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 25, 2010, 01:53:06 am by RobTheRover »
Alan Southstand wrote:
The truth of the matter is simply that we have missed Shackell since his injury.

Spot on, Alan, and if we had kept Shack back a week or two, rather than rush him back only for him to break down in 10 mins and miss the rest of the season, we would have been in those playoffs, I am sure of it.

As for Martis today, yes he scares me to death, but not as much as Hird thinking he is a footballer and trying to hit 40-50 yard crossfield hospital balls to JOC and Robbo.  Reminded me of his Dad's Army \"Dont panic\" performance at Forest this season where he lumped it at every opportunity, giving iy away most of the time and inviting the pressure on.  Stick to defending properly, Sam, and give the simple ball to the proper ball players.  

I'd love it for Sam to be a huge succes for us, but I fear he may have taken a step backwards this season.  SOD needs to get him working to his strengths a bit more.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 25, 2010, 04:30:22 pm by steve@dcfd »
If we have to start next season with Martis, Hird and Lockwood aswell has Webster our defence will conceed goals and we will be in the bottom three. We need Shackell whether on loan or purchased with out him the club will on not progress. Hird and Lockwood should both be replaced, but finances may limit that.

The most fortunate thing for the club, but not the players this season, was that we had centre halves injured enabling Sean to bring in Shackell.If only he could have remained fit.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 25, 2010, 04:32:43 pm by RobTheRover »
Shack is hopeful of playing next weekend, which will delight Swans fans wanting an easy win! lol

And I understand he'd love to sign for us permanently.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 25, 2010, 04:45:55 pm by i_ateallthepies »
What happened to Martis when we had him on loan?  He looked solid and better than anything we already had.
I remember reading a few comments by Baggies fans who didn't rate him, saying he was prone to mistakes, though we hadn't seen it during his loan.
But since he's been back, he's looked (and proved to be)extremely unreliable.
On the other hand, for me, Adam Lockwood (prior to his injury) seemed to have grown into the role and was looking every bit a solid Championship CB.

I'm unsure about Sam Hird, really like him but he seems to impress and disappoint in equal measure.

JOC yesterday, seemed to have forgotten how to play the RB role, seemed to keep getting dragged into the centre and leaving space out wide, which they exploited.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012