Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:38:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: James Hayter  (Read 3019 times)

I-was-there1976

James Hayter
« on April 24, 2010, 04:21:01 pm by I-was-there1976 »
has he signed yet ?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
Re:James Hayter
« Reply #1 on April 24, 2010, 04:28:58 pm by ScillyRover »
No ... Sign him up !!  :laugh:

Lord Farquaad

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 24, 2010, 06:29:22 pm by Lord Farquaad »
My sources tell me he won't accept anything less than two years, but O'Driscoll is only offering one.

He has options abroad.

VikingJames

« Reply #3 on April 24, 2010, 06:31:53 pm by VikingJames »
I think he deserves a new contract. He has had a very good season.

Pintolager

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 24, 2010, 06:36:46 pm by Pintolager »
Lord Farquaad wrote:
My sources tell me he won't accept anything less than two years, but O'Driscoll is only offering one.

He has options abroad.[/quote]

Do you mean Barnsley are coming in for him!!

washyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 24, 2010, 06:55:10 pm by washyrover »
Played well today i think having billy at the club has helped him.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 24, 2010, 09:15:58 pm by grayx »
Lord Farquaad wrote:

He has options abroad.

I think 1 year is fair to be honest. Always gives 100% but lacks pace.

Old Popsider

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 24, 2010, 10:41:25 pm by Old Popsider »
I think a 2 year contract would be fair for him. He's done some good work for us and I'm sure he would do well in the future for us.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 25, 2010, 02:29:44 am by RobTheRover »
I like Hayter, and I like the work he gets through and the effort he expends, but I think we need strikers who score goals more regularly next season.

I really am torn on this one.

stockholmrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 25, 2010, 07:45:17 am by stockholmrover »
This is where we need to be more businesslike if we are to progress. Hayter can be a great back up striker but our first choices should be of Billy's quality and hopefully above that.

1 year could be a good deal for the club in case of injuries etc

Hayter will always be the one who will be remembered for the goal at wembley but that's gone now and we need to kick on

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 25, 2010, 09:47:41 am by CusworthRovers »
Lord Farquaad wrote:

He has options abroad.

Is that back in the IoW?

VikingJames

« Reply #11 on April 25, 2010, 12:05:46 pm by VikingJames »
RobTheRover wrote:
I like Hayter, and I like the work he gets through and the effort he expends, but I think we need strikers who score goals more regularly next season.

I really am torn on this one.

To be fair to Hayter, he has spent most of the season playing out wide or slightly behind Billy, so maybe hasn't had as many chances fall his way as he would if he had been playing as an out-and-out striker. And when JH has played as an out and out striker, he has usually produced the goals (Sheff Utd Home and away, yesterday, West Brom at home etc.)

I still think he has a lot to offer in a Rovers shirt, and I'd be happy if we gave him a two year deal.

Also, his 9 goals this season is as many as he scored in our L1 promotion season.

NorthNorfolkRover

« Reply #12 on April 25, 2010, 12:32:05 pm by NorthNorfolkRover »
Cmon everyone hes scored quality and vital goals eg Watford away. Hes the best player we have had that actually wants to play for Rovers as opposed to using it as a stepping stone to better things. Pound for pound in financial terms better than Sharp and compared to Heffs on another level.I'd be gutted if he left.

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 25, 2010, 05:21:06 pm by rtid88 »
And to be fair say Billy does not sign for us, Heffs goes, we don't get JET back next year, who have we actually got who can score goals?? Be stupid to let him go! Gives 100% every game and scores his fair share of goals!

Stu The Tickhill Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 25, 2010, 08:23:55 pm by Stu The Tickhill Red »
rtid88 wrote:
And to be fair say Billy does not sign for us, Heffs goes, we don't get JET back next year, who have we actually got who can score goals?? Be stupid to let him go! Gives 100% every game and scores his fair share of goals!

Agree 100%

I've said it before, JH will bust a gut every game and go in where it hurts. He gets kicked from pillar to post and gets naff all from the refs. For his workrate only I would have him in my team. Showed why yesterday when he worked like mad just to stop the ball going out for a throw-in. If Heffs put half the effort JH puts in, he would be playing every week.

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 25, 2010, 08:31:54 pm by DMnumber4 »
I think JH is a vital part of the side. We need squad players who may not be as talented but will give their all for the cause.

If we have to go away to Coventry on a wet November night, who's going to be running their socks off; JET or little Jimmy?

Hayter's aeriel prowess is fantastic and he would start at least 23 matches of the season for me: away from home!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012