Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:36:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: its taken 3 minutes  (Read 5102 times)

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
Re:its taken 3 minutes
« Reply #30 on April 26, 2010, 01:38:13 am by VivaRovers »
Thinwhiteduke wrote:

When are refs going to be held accountable for disgraceful decisions such as that? They should be dragged out after the match to explain themselves. But, true to type for most Refs, Atkinson is another coward who thinks he knows best.

I hear this argument alot, but it's in this instance an empty one. Why does the referee Martin Atkinson need to explain himself? What's to explain? on his viewing he felt a foul had been committed, hence the penalty. His decision is self explanatory. And how you can call any man prepared to referee a top flight football match, specifically a derby game such as this, a coward is beyond me.

If you don't think the standard of refereeing is good enough  then why not do something proactive about it and get on a referees course. Rigo, you like your football at any level and you're still young it'd be ideal for you. I'm also sure you'd find it harder to criticise once you've done it yourself

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

topnotch_Donny

Re:its taken 3 minutes
« Reply #31 on April 26, 2010, 01:43:02 am by topnotch_Donny »
VivaRovers wrote:
Thinwhiteduke wrote:

When are refs going to be held accountable for disgraceful decisions such as that? They should be dragged out after the match to explain themselves. But, true to type for most Refs, Atkinson is another coward who thinks he knows best.

I hear this argument alot, but it's in this instance an empty one. Why does the referee Martin Atkinson need to explain himself? What's to explain? on his viewing he felt a foul had been committed, hence the penalty. His decision is self explanatory. And how you can call any man prepared to referee a top flight football match, specifically a derby game such as this, a coward is beyond me.

If you don't think the standard of refereeing is good enough  then why not do something proactive about it and get on a referees course. Rigo, you like your football at any level and you're still young it'd be ideal for you. I'm also sure you'd find it harder to criticise once you've done it yourself

To be fair, if I was a ref....I would sway the decisions to the team I most liked  :P

But....I'm sure they aren't corrupt  :laugh:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012