Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:07:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Swansea  (Read 2614 times)

Poshrover

• Forum Member
Swansea
« on April 25, 2010, 09:28:35 pm by Poshrover »
Is it party time to celebrate another fantastic season? Is it a fancy dress day?

Having experienced the atmosphere at Wolvehampton among our fans on that day, 'We are staying up' I wondered if we could generate the same enthusiasm and noise to thanks the team for a wonderful season?

How many people would have predicted a top half of the table finish after selling Wellens and Mills and not having Stock for so many games?

We need to say a big thank you to SOD, ROK and John Ryan for bringing Shackel and Sharp to Donny and letting us watch such talented players.

It shows we can lose great players but providing we keep the management and chairman in place, we will not go far wrong.

PS Deeping Red are you going to Swansea?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re:Swansea
« Reply #1 on April 25, 2010, 10:58:39 pm by RoversAlias »
I hope it is a party atmosphere just like last year at Wolves. Some more inflatable palm trees perhaps aren't needed mind :P

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 25, 2010, 11:25:14 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I know a few lads who are going fancy dress.  We also plan on a load of inflatables etc.  The more the merrier, let's make it a party atmosphere.

topnotch_Donny

« Reply #3 on April 25, 2010, 11:35:24 pm by topnotch_Donny »
big fat yorkshire pudding wrote:
I know a few lads who are going fancy dress.  We also plan on a load of inflatables etc.  The more the merrier, let's make it a party atmosphere.

Will the Doncaster fans with the inflatable toys, please refrain from inflating the inflatable weapons :laugh:

Lets hope there's a few welsh sluts with inflatables. Should be a top weekend  :)

The_Rooky

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 26, 2010, 10:24:12 am by The_Rooky »
RoversAlias wrote:
I hope it is a party atmosphere just like last year at Wolves.

...difference being, Wolves had already been promoted and crowned champions.  Swansea on the other hand have just slipped out of the play-off places for the first time in over 4 months!! Can't see the Swans being in a party mood as they'll have more than one eye on Blackpools game against Bristol City!!  

On the other hand, if it is a party atmosphere, I hope we can be the party poopers!! :)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 26, 2010, 11:43:59 am by RobTheRover »
Exactly right, Rooky.

I expect, rather than the carnival sound we heard at last season's closing game, we will be treated to the sound of 20,000 Welsh sphincters squeaking, as their owners are glued to the Sporting Life website's live table on their phones.

Do we still technically \"owe them one\" for that little chuff Leon Britton's allegations against Mr Wellens last season?

The_Rooky

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 26, 2010, 01:15:43 pm by The_Rooky »
RobTheRover wrote:
Exactly right, Rooky.

I expect, rather than the carnival sound we heard at last season's closing game, we will be treated to the sound of 20,000 Welsh sphincters squeaking, as their owners are glued to the Sporting Life website's live table on their phones.

Do we still technically \"owe them one\" for that little chuff Leon Britton's allegations against Mr Wellens last season?

...that might be so.  But now he's left, its perhaps safe to say I think they might have been slightly more than allegations!!  ;)

Anyway, I'd rather win just because we're better than them!! And realistically, given their relatively poor goal difference, they have to win to stand any sort of chance!!!  C'mon Rovers!!

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 26, 2010, 01:24:52 pm by not on facebook »
said this just after xmass on here

if swansea dont get the results they need to be in play offs

i will go all in with my poker chips that after the game outside the swansea ground
will not be a walk in the park for any donny fans present,as it will a flip side to the coin to last day of season at wolves last term when a mini love in was in the air.

Redandwhitewhizards

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 26, 2010, 02:00:18 pm by Redandwhitewhizards »
I think it will definitely kick off on Sunday if Swansea don't get into the play offs - they have caused trouble in the past (couple of seasons ago) when it was pretty much a nothing game. They are a proper set of meat heads and I would put my life on them looking for someone/something to take their frustrations out on.

On a side note, no tickets available on the day for Rovers fans either.

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 26, 2010, 03:08:07 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Yeah it was a bit tasty a few years back.  They do have a cage structure outside the away end though, that should stop any real bother.

Ger CCFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 26, 2010, 08:31:36 pm by Ger CCFC »
big fat yorkshire pudding wrote:
Yeah it was a bit tasty a few years back.  They do have a cage structure outside the away end though, that should stop any real bother.

Still expect some objects thrown over it. When we went down there this year, the big gate was actually left open by the police/stewards and some of ours/theirs tried to get in/out etc. It's not the best place really. If your driving down and walking to the ground, watch by the chippy opposite the ground or the petrol station

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 26, 2010, 09:02:19 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I'd suggest I've been more times than you, think this will be my fifth trip there now.  Always a decent day out.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012