Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:10:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: WORLD CUP 2010  (Read 1511 times)

grayx

• Forum Member
WORLD CUP 2010
« on May 11, 2010, 09:52:01 pm by grayx »
Anyone had a bet yet?. I can't see past Spain to win it (5/1).
Looking at top goalscorer, Tevez 33/1 & Drogba 25/1 look tempting.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

I-was-there1976

Re:WORLD CUP 2010
« Reply #1 on May 11, 2010, 10:00:44 pm by I-was-there1976 »
Messi top scorer

Spain to win it

Germany to go out 1st round

Maradona to beat a ref up

Pintolager

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 11, 2010, 10:48:37 pm by Pintolager »
Rigoglioso wrote:
Can't see past Argentina myself. If they can navigate the group stage and successfully win the group, I think they will go all the way. Anyone who can stop Tevez and Messi deserve great credit!!!

I agree about Germany having a tough group as well. Not sure if they'll go out in the first round but Ghana, Australia and Serbia will provide really tough opposition - I can just envisage the situation though, where we win our group with ease and Germany stutter to second place, meaning we have to play the Germans in the last sixteen.

My bet for a dark horse would be the USA. There's an opening in the draw for them to potentially reach at least the quarter-finals before they have to meet a real heavyweight nation.

Should be a fascinating tournament! Can't wait for it to get underway!

I understand what you say about the Argies Rigo, but I am not too sure about Maradona as a coach! Yes he has got them to South Africa, but just how good is he? Aside from that I reckon it's come to that moment where they get their comeuppance after the \"hand of God\" incident in '86 and they will be knocked out by a controversial decision and FIFA will then back down on their decision not to allow TV evidence in matches........or am I dreaming?!?!?

Agree though about Spain being favorites and with matches been played at altitude that will help them. Don't rule out Brazil either!

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 12, 2010, 07:05:39 am by CusworthRovers »
Agreed, I feel the African nations will be stronger than ever. I would never write off the Jerries in any competition, and would stretch that to the Iti's. Both have an excellent pedigree of being perceived poor sides, and then grinding out results all the way to the semi's or final.

Spain are good on paper, but I feel will fall short.
Argies and Brazil both have excellent sides and I feel one of the finalists will come from these 2.
France are another, that when you pick their 11, it's a very very good team.

Finally, England. We can win this and I see us beating Argentina 2-1 in the final.

awsworth_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 12, 2010, 08:07:45 am by awsworth_rover »
England to win
Rooney top scorer
Kebab down my most expensive shirt
Nudga to scrap with a gypo somewhere (well lets be fair pal, if u go out, it will happen)
£1 accumalator at 2500/1 will do me!

Think Argies are a team full of great players but will they click and play together? Spain for me the favourites, but if they dont perform, could be 1 of many. We need to be bang on form, and need luck with injuries to be in the mix. Best draw I can remember us having in a major comp. Really impressed with Capello, so if spain dont win it, we are in with as good a chance as anyone.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012