Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:48:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Jay Emmanuel-Thomas  (Read 2852 times)

ricky1985

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas
« on May 12, 2010, 11:15:24 am by ricky1985 »
Was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to answer a few questions for us Arsenal fans over at Arsenal-Mania. Thanks in advance, any response is much appreciated.

How has Jay played for you this season?

What sort of role/position has he played?

What are the strengths and weaknesses in his game?

Would you take him back on loan next season?

Is he good enough to play for the Arsenal first team next season, or will he be in the future?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
Re:Jay Emmanuel-Thomas
« Reply #1 on May 12, 2010, 11:24:38 am by DonnyNoel »
Very well. Started on fire, had a tiny lull in the middle but finished ver strongly. Always wants the ball and can change a game in an instant.

Very much a free role/attacking midfielder role behind a lone striker in either a 4411 or 4321.

Strengths - passing, dribbling, shooting, hold up play, long throw. Weaknesses - heading, running the channels.

Absolutely. Would love him here for pre-season although that hasn't always been Wengers policy in the past.

Is he good enough to play for the Arsenal first team next season, or will he be in the future?
Hard to say. His role with us, in Arsenal terms, is like Kanu and we gear the team up to allow him to play like that. In your current system with wide attackers like Nasri/Rosicky/Walcott behind one striker he perhaps isn't \"energetic\" enough for that but then thats the way we play him. He's certainly worth keeping an eye on should you want a player who can get a bit closer to Bendtner/RVP in a 4411 then he might be able to do that.

JamieM

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 12, 2010, 11:28:15 am by JamieM »

Overall, very good.

Attacking midfielder/striker, sometimes played on the wing. Generally a link man between midfield and the front line

Strengths - Excellent ball control, good skill, has a mean shot on him, a ''match winner''. Can create things out of nothing.

Weaknesses - Sometimes lazy, needs to work on his ''off the ball'' game. Quite slow, has been performing inconsistently for us (more consistent towards the end of his loan spell though)

Definitely yes.

He will be in a few years however needs to work on his off the ball game. Send him here for a full season and he'll be ready ;)

kybone

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 12, 2010, 11:28:30 am by kybone »
I only saw him once but he seemed full of ability and certaimly looks premiership quality. Big question marks over his attitude and committment though. played sort of a free role mainly. very dangerous in attack and always seems capable of getting a goal but does a lot of standing about when the teams defending. Id like to see him back for a season because hes a cut above at this level. Not good enough for your first team i would say as hes too much of a passenger in defence. He'd be expecting the likes of fabregas and rosicky to do his running for him. I dont think so some how!

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 12, 2010, 10:21:41 pm by BobG »
The thing that stood out about JET for me was just how unblievably difficult it often was for opposing players to get the ball off him when he had it under control. His strength is enormous. I saw three Derby County defenders in succession simply bounce off him. He does have the ability to create something from nothing. His shooting is good too. He can be a match winner therefore. But he is also lazy. Whilst that got better as his stay here progressed, I can't see him being more than bit part player for the Arsenal until he decides to get much, much more involved on a very regular basis. His long throw is handy too :)

Cheers

BobG

Lord Farquaad

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 12, 2010, 10:34:21 pm by Lord Farquaad »
He is shit.
But I'll tell you what, because I like you I'll see if Sean will take him off your hands for another year.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 13, 2010, 11:21:23 am by CusworthRovers »
If you speak Yorkshire then fine.....however I have been kind enough to also write an English version.

English. Very well.
Yorkshire. Different t'gravy.

English. He's played behind the striker, but he's also played out wide and could not get in the game. The free role, ie anywhere in the middle and up front is ideal in our system and for him.
Yorkshire. Proper bo wherever he gus. E fits in weeerever

English. Strengths are...he has one of the hardest truest shots I have seen, (but note the type of players I am used to watching). When he's on his game and in the game, he's un-playable at our level. Weakness. Needs to nurture his footy brain and still learning, and needs a shout......'ie give me the f**king ball'.
Yorkshire. He's rate gud, but needs some t'umph in his game.

English. Yes and sign him, if we had the money.
Yorkshire. He needs t'stay away from t'fast cars, and neetlife.

English. No and not under Arsene. I do not feel he is the type of player to lead the line ala Bendtner, RVP. Not that these dominate defences anyway physically. He would have to improve physically and his knowledge of the role ie how to make himself available and an outlet. I'm not sure he'll get that at a club like yours, considering the players you are linked with and have. That leaves him with his best position IMO ie the free role or the link player. Looking at your players they are all about speed, speed of play/thought and a very high work rate. JET would struggle here, I'm afraid at this moment in time and I fear in the future. I feel Arsene would have to change his tactics/team to accommodate him, and I'm not sure he will do that, when he has millions at his disposal to resolve any tactical issue.
Yorkshire. Once he's had a couple of sesh's down t'ale house and necked some tetley's down him, he'll be fit for owt.

ricky1985

« Reply #7 on May 13, 2010, 03:04:49 pm by ricky1985 »
Thanks for the responses, much appreciated. Just posted them on Arsenal-Mania;

http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39806&p=12597461#p12597461

Thanks again, Ricky.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012