Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:07:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: england  (Read 2029 times)

scotlandsbest

• Forum Member
england
« on June 23, 2010, 05:05:46 pm by scotlandsbest »
thats yer last chance you play like that against the better teams there going to pick you off at will you cant play at that tempo against the likes of brazil argentina or germany ? it will be to open a game there better defensively that was a typical england back against the wall effort so whats the next game going to be like ???? a tense affair not a do and die game ???

now the competition starts for real take yer chances and be tight at back and for gods sake just relax and you may be ok  :unsure:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re:england
« Reply #1 on June 23, 2010, 05:12:20 pm by mushRTID »
However we had played you would have been on and had a pop. Another day we would have won 3 or 4 nil. Quietly confident now, when do scotland play?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 23, 2010, 05:17:21 pm by Filo »
scotlandsbest wrote:
thats yer last chance you play like that against the better teams there going to pick you off at will you cant play at that tempo against the likes of brazil argentina or germany ? it will be to open a game there better defensively that was a typical england back against the wall effort so whats the next game going to be like ???? a tense affair not a do and die game ???

now the competition starts for real take yer chances and be tight at back and for gods sake just relax and you may be ok  :unsure:
If that comment came from anyone else but a jock i would take it seriously

VikingJames

« Reply #3 on June 23, 2010, 05:22:05 pm by VikingJames »
I agree with him to be fair. We've scraped through a shite group against 2-bit sides like Algeria and Slovenia, and not even looked close to world class.

It will need to be much better if we get the Germans next.

Beerseller

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 23, 2010, 05:53:13 pm by Beerseller »
Scot\"we're really shite these days so let's hope England lose just to feel a bit better about our own shiteness\"land. ;)

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on June 23, 2010, 06:12:21 pm by AbsolutDRFC »
Watching the England games out here makes me really proud to be a Donny fan.
We don't have players with \"attitudes\" like Rooney and Terry.
We have players that play good honest football, without cheating, diving, conning the ref etc.
I follow England all over, but it's not because of the players, it's because I follow the country and just the general buzz of travelling.

Speaking to some proper Hull fans out here, they too are pleased to be back in a division which isn't full of divers, egos etc like the Prem.

By the way, the vuvuzelas are worse in real life than on the tv. I hope anyone thinking of letting them into the Keepmoat, thinks again.......

scotlandsbest

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 23, 2010, 06:53:15 pm by scotlandsbest »
i might support scotland but at the end of the day im a football fan too.
i just say what i see you cant play like that against the bigger sides you play like that aginst the likes of argentina messi and the like will pick you off like nowt else this was slovinia and they could have had a goal at the end if it wasnt for upsons tackle

ask hansen he tells it like it is but you have to be careful defending as well as tackling

and as for the jibes bowt scotland its all water off a ducks back been there before boys

im just saying its easy to get carried away after a win but the competition starts now

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 23, 2010, 07:14:43 pm by CusworthRovers »
The competition started about 2 yrs ago with the qualifying groups, and then the group stages of the actual world cup. It's a long process mate, and we are down to the last 16 countries on this planet with a chance of being in the final 8.

stuey

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 23, 2010, 07:19:53 pm by stuey »
scotlandsbest wrote:

im just saying its easy to get carried away after a win but the competition starts now

It does indeed pal, but it finished for your boys months ago. Just so you know, the last 16 is the 2nd round, it comprises of teams who have come through the group stages (or 1st round). Thought i'd just help you Scots understand what's happening as you've never got this far and i want to be able to enjoy it.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 23, 2010, 07:48:42 pm by grayx »
VikingJames wrote:
I agree with him to be fair. We've scraped through a shite group against 2-bit sides like Algeria and Slovenia, and not even looked close to world class.

It will need to be much better if we get the Germans next.

Totally agree. We made hard work of the easiest group & look way short of the likes of Brazil, Argies, Spain & Germany. Hope we can step up a gear,but Rooneys form really worries me. Why aren't we giving Crouch a chance?

snods big brother

« Reply #10 on June 23, 2010, 07:51:37 pm by snods big brother »
Is it just me but as of yet I have not really got excited about the world cup - to many dull boring games, England not playing well does not help - Could not be bothered to make any special effort to see the game today.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on June 23, 2010, 11:08:26 pm by bobjimwilly »
snods big brother wrote:
Is it just me but as of yet I have not really got excited about the world cup - to many dull boring games, England not playing well does not help - Could not be bothered to make any special effort to see the game today.

Well, you missed a better game today mate.

snods big brother

« Reply #12 on June 24, 2010, 12:38:02 pm by snods big brother »
bobjimwilly wrote:
snods big brother wrote:

Well, you missed a better game today mate.

Did I really - we beat a third rate side 1 nil - pity I missed it!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012