Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:51:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Joe Cole  (Read 2129 times)

I-was-there1976

Joe Cole
« on June 23, 2010, 06:33:42 pm by I-was-there1976 »
Not sure he was superstar player that everyone was calling for to start but then again Capello knows best.

Stick it up their arses Capello. Well done old man

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

fudgepacker

• Forum Member
Re:Joe Cole
« Reply #1 on June 23, 2010, 07:06:12 pm by fudgepacker »
I think Joe Cole did ok but as you say he tried to attack in the final 10 minutes when we just needed to keep hold of the ball. We attacked very well but gave the ball away far too easily at times and we'll get punished by Germany or another decent team.

snods big brother

« Reply #2 on June 23, 2010, 07:53:17 pm by snods big brother »
The little I saw of the game he looked very rusty and lacking match practice, but there again so did most of the team especially Rooney, if he, Rooney, was any other player he would be warming the bench not starting!

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 23, 2010, 07:56:33 pm by grayx »
Hmmm, I thought Joe Cole was poor when he came on. I'm one of his fans but didn't think he added much to be honest. Perhaps he was trying too hard & struggled to pick up the pace of the game. I was surprisingly impressed with Milner though & horrified with Johnson.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 23, 2010, 09:22:29 pm by graingrover »
I think our group was quite strong !Much better to draw Germany too. There will be no doubting our motivation ... special thanks to Beckenbauer for hat!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on June 23, 2010, 10:33:10 pm by hoolahoop »
graingrover wrote:
I think our group was quite strong !Much better to draw Germany too. There will be no doubting our motivation ... special thanks to Beckenbauer for hat!

I don't know where that 'weak' group idea came from , like you I always thought it was going to be difficult.
The game against Germany should suit us better and the experience within our team will show through imo.

awsworth_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 23, 2010, 11:51:53 pm by awsworth_rover »
20 mins out of 3 group matches to be judged. Based on that, rooney had 2 full matches and 70 mins today.... Based on the opinion of some of cole, surely rooney will be dropped? It must have been so difficult to try and make a impression, when he came on with just defoe ahead of him, (no target man or strength to hold the ball up). Also for the last 10 mins england seemed to panick a little and forgot how to keep the ball. 5 mins of this we camped in the corner flag! Not the best time to judge one of englands most creative talents.... surely?

DRFC MYERS

« Reply #7 on June 24, 2010, 09:30:07 am by DRFC MYERS »
he didnt seem very strong. but what do expect last 10 mins when we defefnding and he is up there with heskey

dijit8

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 24, 2010, 10:06:15 am by dijit8 »
DRFC MYERS wrote:
he didnt seem very strong. but what do expect last 10 mins when we defefnding and he is up there with heskey

Heskey was only on for the last 3 minutes.

Cole and Milner ran the clock down well in last couple of minutes. Otherwise Cole didn't make a big difference. Perhaps he was trying to much to make an impression when he came on.

Lampard and Barry gave the ball away carelessly at times which a better team will punish us for.

Overall a much better performance by England they should have won  2 or 3 nil though and not required to hold out for those last very nervous five minutes.

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 24, 2010, 04:37:44 pm by RedRover45 »
Rigoglioso wrote:
dijit8 wrote:
Lampard and Barry gave the ball away carelessly at times which a better team will punish us for.

Agree with this. Especially Lampard giving the ball away. He was better yesterday, but I'm still unconvinced as a whole by what Lampard has done at this World Cup.

If anyone watched Germany last night, you will have seen how they can retain the ball relatively well. Therefore, it's important Lamprd gets his act together and retains the ball better in Sunday's game (presuming of course he plays, which I think he will).

Finally, is it a given that Carragher is going to return to the side? He's got bugger all pace and after yesterday, I'm not so sure he's going to get back into the eleven on Sunday - thank god!!

Dont think Carragher should get back in. Fwiw I think James was reliable, Terry and Upson very dependable, Cole and Gerrard worked well in tandem on the left, Johnson and especially Milner were outstanding on the right and continually tormented their full back. Defoe was sharp, however Lampard was a massive disappointment and even Barry gave the ball away a few times when he is normally reliable. As for Rooney, something is just not right. He looks leggy, sullen, almost as though he doesnt want to be there and his general attitude leaves a bit to be desired. I can only hope that it is frustration and nothing else......

TinyPortal © 2005-2012