Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:17:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: things players say to deflect cracks  (Read 1619 times)

not on facebook

• Forum Member
things players say to deflect cracks
« on June 24, 2010, 01:54:03 pm by not on facebook »
lampard has said 'england are happy to finish second'

what a load of fcuking tosh,why do players not think before
they come out with gobshite talk like this.

but is this way your have two choices

you finish first and get the far more easy route to semi final
then onto the final,it looks mostly straight forward.

then you finish second to which you have to get to final via the minefield of the krauts and possible argentina,then onto the final.

you could be as dim as a glow worms arm pit to pick
the better route.

http://www.skysports.com/football/world-cup-2010/story/0,27032,12016_6225880,00.html

please sometimes will players managers just wake up and smell
the coffee.

i know john terry has shot him sen in foot far too many times
but i guess with him you will get what we are all thinking
factor and not trying to brush under carpet how crap england was in first two games.

now england will play their b*llocks off and more than likely go out via pens or extra time and come back as heros,
and the first two games will be long past.

we dont need the spin doctor b*llocks from likes of lampard etc etc

ps throw playing  possible spain into that 'happy comming
second list'

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GM-MarkB

Re:things players say to deflect cracks
« Reply #1 on June 24, 2010, 01:58:36 pm by GM-MarkB »
To be fair, given the way they played in their first 2 games, Lampard is about right...you would be happy to finish second if you served up those two dogsh*te performances !

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 24, 2010, 02:28:09 pm by Chris »
I was worried we wouldn't even make 2nd. If it wasn't for some great defending by Terry and Upson we wouldn't have!

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 24, 2010, 02:34:52 pm by not on facebook »
yes quite true that england should count them sens lucky to come second

so why not say it how it was/is  'we was shite for first two games and yes could be said we were lucky to get second spot,
but now that is behind us we plan to move on etc etc'

they must think that most football fans are gullable

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 24, 2010, 02:38:53 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Chris wrote:
I was worried we wouldn't even make 2nd. If it wasn't for some great defending by Terry and Upson we wouldn't have!

So what? If it wasn't for a world class performance by their Keeper we'd have slaughtered them!

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 24, 2010, 03:10:06 pm by Chris »
Bentley Bullet wrote:
Chris wrote:

So what? If it wasn't for a world class performance by their Keeper we'd have slaughtered them!

Right... I wasn't being critical, I was highlighting the fine line between us going through and going out. What's your problem?

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 24, 2010, 03:24:05 pm by The L J Monk »
I would much rather the route we've got now. The World Cup should be all about playing the best teams in epic matches that grip the nation.

I don't expect us to win the World Cup, so to beat Ghana and Uruguay only to bow out to Brazil in the semis or Spain in the final doesn't grab me.

However, to play Germany, followed by the prospect of Argentina is mouthwatering. Even if we got dumped out by Spain in the semis, to know we taken out those two on the way would be worth it.

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 24, 2010, 04:27:28 pm by RedRover45 »
Whatever will be will be. If by some miracle, we do win the damn thing, we'll have beaten probably Germany, Argentina, Spain and Brazil. No-one, especially Herr Beckenbauer, can accuse us of not being worthy champions.
  If on the other hand, we'd have gone the other route, all we would have heard is they had it easy playing such as Ghana and Uruguay......
  Lets just see what happens, and then have opinions after the event.......

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on June 24, 2010, 04:51:20 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Chris wrote:
Bentley Bullet wrote:
Chris wrote:

Right... I wasn't being critical, I was highlighting the fine line between us going through and going out. What's your problem?

I was re-addressing the fine line which I read as slightly giving the verdict that England survived due to great defending, when in truth it was Slovenia who would have been dead and buried long before Terry and Upson were called into action, had it not been for some great goalkeeping.
On the contrary to England being lucky to get second spot, I suggest they were unlucky not to win the group, considering they would have had it not been for a silly mistake against the eventual winners.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012